Twitter: Shannon Sharpe wants to know who thinks CeeDee is better than Jefferson

blueblood70

Reaction score
read somewhere Lamb was the highest rated NFL wr since week 6..its not always about the obvious stats its about all the analytics as Lamb doesn't get as many targets or opportunity's but those he does get hes been better at almost all analytics..not sure when it was taken and what dats was used to comes op with the scores but im sure both teams are very happy..

265546880_670111427693663_6389031496204329302_n.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jefferson is their #1 WR. He will get more targets. CeeDee has other very good WR's that the ball gets spread around to. He gets less targets.
So that skews Jefferson's numbers somewhat?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Jefferson is their #1 WR. He will get more targets. CeeDee has other very good WR's that the ball gets spread around to. He gets less targets.
So that skews Jefferson's numbers somewhat?

I was going to debate that Adam Thielen is no slouch but checked his stats/games and didn't realize he's kinda fallin off a cliff, and Diggs is gone too.

So this is a fair point - a better question to ask is who is better

Jefferson|Thielen|????

OR

Cooper|Diggs|Gallup

My answer is the latter for sure.

Proof

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "which of these two REALLY GREAT players at the same position is better."

I mean, who cares, both make great plays and win you games. CeeDee is a Cowboys so I like him better, but I'm not going to act like Jefferson isn't awesome.

pretty much. both awesome, jefferson has been a bit awesomer thus far, but ceedee’s my guy

morasp

Reaction score
As of Today Jefferson has played 13 games and Lamb has 11 and hopefully after tomorrow the stats will be a little closer. Even factoring that in Jefferson has an edge in catches and yds per game. Looking at the completion distribution for the Vikings and Cowboys we seem to spread the ball around a lot more but Lamb still leads the team in receptions with our TE and both RBs ahead of the rest of the WRs other than Cooper..

Cowboys Receptions
Lamb 57
Schultz 52
Cooper 46
Elliot 40
Pollard 31
Wilson 30
Gallup 22
Brown 16

Vikings Receptions
Jefferson 85
Thielen 64
Osborn 49
Cook 38
Mattison 24

Macnalty

Reaction score
My two cents, Lamb is already the best slot in the NFL. Jefferson is a very good number one, depending on your needs.

shabazz

Reaction score
As a certified homer, I can attest to my objectivity that CeeDee is better. He does have the "it" factor.

.....i give him the nod simply because he's having so much damn fun!....hes a dude that plays for the love of the game

kskboys

Reaction score
Jefferson is a better route runner w/ better acceleration and quickness.

Not sure that Lamb is a #1. Hmmmmmmm....

32BellyOption

Reaction score

He must think the Cowboys drafted the wrong receiver.

If the two players switched teams he’d say Cee Dee is better. Lol! Shannon is a know it all big mouth. Can’t stand the dude. Same goes for Skip Bayless. Can’t believe anyone actually watches that show.

starfan1

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with either quite frankly. I’ve not watched much else but highlights of Jefferson like I’ve watched lamb on the regular.

I love lamb but his drops have been costly and his there are times when runs incorrect routes and he’s not even the best receiver on his team. But he’s damn good

I’m stoked he’s a cowboy this whole comparison thing everyone wants to do is annoying

starfan1

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with either quite frankly. I’ve not watched much else but highlights of Jefferson like I’ve watched lamb on the regular.

I love lamb but his drops have been costly and his there are times when runs incorrect routes and he’s not even the best receiver on his team. But he’s damn good

I’m stoked he’s a cowboy this whole comparison thing everyone wants to do is annoying
Having said this I have done it too. Henry /Zeke , taco/watt so I get the comparison thing

JayFord

Reaction score
I still can't understand what possessed the Raiders to take Ruggs first, and I'm not even considering his criminal issue.
I wasnt shocked anyone took Ruggs first

people see speed and lose their minds.....not saying thats all Ruggs brings i think he was well worth a 1st round grade but CeeDee and Jefferson are elite Ruggs wasnt

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Jefferson is good. Cee Dee is way better. If Dak hadn't gotten hurt last year we having a different conversation altogether.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think Jefferson is better too. I still do not see CeeDee as a #1. Jefferson is. CeeDee is a good receiver but not as good as Jefferson. However, I admit playing in different offenses, with different QBs does make it more difficult to compare them.

Mookie

Reaction score
Both are amazing players. Heck, perhaps Jefferson is better, and you know what? It makes me happy because the Eagles didn't draft him. I LOVE the video of Zimmer & co. laughing when they didn't draft Jefferson, good stuff.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I wasnt shocked anyone took Ruggs first

people see speed and lose their minds.....not saying thats all Ruggs brings i think he was well worth a 1st round grade but CeeDee and Jefferson are elite Ruggs wasnt
Ruggs wasn't the most polished route runner, not like Jeudy. But, as you say, teams get enamored with speed, especially the Raiders. I thought Gruden would have grown out of the Raider way - a preference to put a premium on speed above ability - but I guess he didn't.
Ironically, neither Gruden nor Ruggs are in the picture anymore.