Twitter: Shannon Sharpe wants to know who thinks CeeDee is better than Jefferson

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Jefferson is a better classic wideout.

Lamb is incredible and great after the catch.

I think for Dallas Lamb is better but if you’re a team that needs a main go to guy I think Jefferson is better.

Lamb is at his best when he’s a after thought and not the focus of the offense.

Jefferson can “carry the load” and do everything.

Yeah, Jefferson was the steal of that 1st Round. Everyone was talking about Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb and Jefferson out-produced them all. The other thing is they drafted him with the pick from the Bills for trading away Stefon Diggs. So they traded a high salary for a superstar on a rookie deal. That's some good fortune .... that they'll do nothing with, lol.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Lamb is probably my favorite player on this team. Well Micah has his own tier. But after that, it's Lamb. But I do believe Jefferson is the better overall WR at this point. He's on pace to average 1500 yards in his first two seasons. The two things rookie/young WRs generally struggle with is being durable and consistent. Jefferson has hit those two out of the park.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yeah, Jefferson was the steal of that 1st Round. Everyone was talking about Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb and Jefferson out-produced them all. The other thing is they drafted him with the pick from the Bills for trading away Stefon Diggs. So they traded a high salary for a superstar on a rookie deal. That's some good fortune .... that they'll do nothing with, lol.

Yeah it's crazy that they traded a top 5ish WR in his prime and immediately replaced and even surpassed that player's production with a rookie.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If Jefferson was playing across from Amari Cooper, Jefferson's numbers wouldn't look quite so impressive. I'm fine with Cooper and CeeDee.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ceedee is a very good player. May be great soon. Jefferson is already great and is doing things no one has ever done. Its not even a comparison right now.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think if NFL GMs had a choice between Lamb and Jefferson I thin 70% of them would take Jefferson.

He’s got such a classic style of play and he’s better out wide.

My problem with Lamb is he is a really good slot guy but not that special out wide.

After the catch though Lamb is the better player.
Lamb doesn't make contested catches like Jefferson does though or Dez did for so many years. Jefferson single handedly beat Green Bay a few weeks ago with contested catches. Lamb shrinks at the point of catch when there's a man on him. That's why man coverage is so effective against Dallas. Neither Cooper nor Lamb can catch with a defender draped all over them like Dez could. The only guy who can is Gallup and he's been out most of this year and people want him gone next year.

Dez > Jefferson > Cooper > Lamb

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have a crystal clear memory of Sharpe catching 4 TDs against Dallas in a Thanksgiving game. Might have been the Jason Garrett game???
Sharpe/Farve would have given Rice/Montana a run for their money. Injuries suck!!! I can’t stand Sterling’s brother because of his hate for the Cowboys but I love it when he brings up big brother on the show.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Not sure to be honest. All I know is he was Uber talented. Like generational talent. And like our very own Erik Williams an injury stopped what would have been a HOF career. (Not saying the injuries were similar)
Way off topic but imagine if Bo didint get hurt!..in terms of running back he had it all

Scotman

Reaction score
I actually don't care about Jefferson as a receiver at all. I don't follow his career. I don't know what he catches and doesn't. I don't know how many yards he has. I don't know what kind of teammate he is. He could be the next Jerry Rice and I'd have not one more care.

Lamb is a Cowboy. So, any comparison doesn't matter to me because Jefferson is irrelevant.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're both great WRs but I think most people if they were drafting again with today's information would take Jefferson over Lamb.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with what Shannon Sharpe has to say. He's anything but a friend of the Cowboys' team and inclined to criticize whatever he might to create discontent within the ranks of their fans. He's not the only one -- that's for sure. There are enough here who do the same.

CeeDee and Jefferson are both exceptional WRs, despite playing for mutually opposing teams. I see no justifiable cause to encourage friction between them nor their teams. They will both have great careers for many years to come. Here's wishing them both good fortune!

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson was and still is a far more polished player. He’s better than Lamb right now. Lamb has room to grow. Jefferson is maxed out. Granted his max is really damn good. The question is whether lamb can get to that level and beyond or not. He’s not there now.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "which of these two REALLY GREAT players at the same position is better."

I mean, who cares, both make great plays and win you games. CeeDee is a Cowboys so I like him better, but I'm not going to act like Jefferson isn't awesome.

JayFord

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of "which of these two REALLY GREAT players at the same position is better."

I mean, who cares, both make great plays and win you games. CeeDee is a Cowboys so I like him better, but I'm not going to act like Jefferson isn't awesome.
exactly how i feel....

both are all pro caliber receivers and one will get you 1500 and the other 1200

both is fine and both are important to their team