Shaping up to be an ugly off season

plymkr

Reaction score
I hope there never comes a point where he *****es about the help around him with the money he is taking up.
What?!? What?!? There's no way the leader who complains about the refs would ever turn on his team mates and complain about the talent around him. But the old adage "past behavior is an indicator of future events" is true. This past season Tad, the great Tad Prescott, already did that by throwing the team under the bus with his twitter war with Acho. Past behavior is the indicator of future events and blaming the Cowboys players on Dak's lack of success has already happened. What till that talent is eroded due to Dak's contract. Wait till we have 4 Conner Williams and 1 Zack Martin blocking for him. Yep I would prepare yourself for Dak to complain about his team mates. His brother did and Dak already has blamed the refs. Past behavior is an indicator of future events and the future is not looking good for us.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's not worth speculating now how next season will turn out. Did we all expect we'll win 12 games this season after last year? I predicted 11 wins but I didn't think we would be this good when we won six in a row. I also didn't think we'll end up this bad after we beat the Patriots.
Just speculating on the offseason it's all we got now, football wise.

DanA

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that because IMO we aren’t losing any good players. Gregory flashed but 6 sacks, Shultz had 800 yards but is pretty vanilla, Gallup has had good seasons but missed most of this season. Connor Williams is a penalty machine Really, it was only Kearse that had a key season for us.

Reactions: ICP

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that because IMO we aren’t losing any good players. Gregory flashed but 6 sacks, Shultz had 800 yards but is pretty vanilla, Gallup has had good seasons but missed most of this season. Connor Williams is a penalty machine Really, it was only Kearse that had a key season for us.

:huh:....may not be "good players", however, how are you going to replace them with a Cap that's already over by $23m, (without draft signings)?

The issue is, do we take the hit in 2022 or exacerbate the contract tin kicking exercise by restructuring: Coop, Zeke, Tyron, DLaw, Collins.

To compound matters the CAP is also in an awful position in 2023.

Cmac

Reaction score
Hope Dak enjoys the career of a Dallas Cowboy, get paid win nothing
.......he can always head to the Booth to call games when it's all over. We've seen that before.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Actually, it is true. He installed himself and his son as the personnel department. They decide who to draft, who to give big contracts, and who coaches the team.

Jerry did that because he wants there to be no doubt who gets the credit for the next SB ring, which is his prerogative. But if you're going to run things that way, you also get the "credit" for 3 measly wild card round playoff wins in 25 years.

sure if you completely disregard that 1) who they’ve drafted has been quite successful and they’ve done better then a lot of teams and 2) McClay is the gm. McClay has as much say here as in any other org. Jerry just goes out there like a show pony and the dopes eat it up and blame him.

the football people in the org know let him do what he does and it has zero baring. I don’t even like Jerry and yeah u can blame him for all the shortcomings but it’s not true. The players need to execute. The cowboys have a good team. They’ve had good teams they haven’t great ones.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Steven is throwing smoke. They are going to have to sign palyers with 21 free agents. What he should have stated was: Cowboys will oly be looking at bottom tier players for 1 year deals. You know; the guys that nobody wants anymore.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Steven is throwing smoke. They are going to have to sign palyers with 21 free agents. What he should have stated was: Cowboys will oly be looking at bottom tier players for 1 year deals. You know; the guys that nobody wants anymore.
You mean dumpster diving like we do every year?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
sure if you completely disregard that 1) who they’ve drafted has been quite successful and they’ve done better then a lot of teams and 2) McClay is the gm. McClay has as much say here as in any other org. Jerry just goes out there like a show pony and the dopes eat it up and blame him.

the football people in the org know let him do what he does and it has zero baring. I don’t even like Jerry and yeah u can blame him for all the shortcomings but it’s not true. The players need to execute. The cowboys have a good team. They’ve had good teams they haven’t great ones.
Great drafting has been what has kept this team relevant and covered for the bad contracts we have given our vet players.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree, it is going to be a beautiful off-season because we get to discuss and cuss every move made and especially the ones not made.

Ain’t nuthin but a party!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen has already said we will not be players in Free Agency.

We are currently over the salary cap.

We have several bloated contracts for players who are not producing at their level of pay.
Some we cant afford to trade or cut because of their cap hits,
Zeke for example.

We have 21 Free Agents, many that were key contributors, most we wont be able to afford to resign.

Our only hope is the Draft and we will be picking much later, 24th, than last year, making it much more difficult to find impact players.

We continue having a GM in place that has repeatedly showed he is not competent to handle the duties of the job.

So buckle up for the Winter of discontentment my fellow Cowboys fans!

Stephen says that every off season. Who was the last big name free agent Dallas signed that wasn't a reclamation project? ............... I got Laroi Glover in 2002.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean that boneheaded QB draw with no timeouts should have been the last straw for the Jones boys. I dont care how many freaking times they practiced it.

And they don't know to hand the ball to the official? They didn't practice sheet.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, with
Anger was pretty good as well

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Stephen says that every off season. Who was the last big name free agent Dallas signed that wasn't a reclamation project? ............... I got Laroi Glover in 2002.
We seem to specialize in dumpster diving in free agency because we have no money.
Our money goes to our veteran players who then underperform relative to their salary.
Zeke, Dlaw for example.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Honestly that's our current ceiling.
The team next year will most likely be less talented than this years squad due to losses in free agency.
One hope I can see is the opportunity to reduce our NFL lead in penalties next year.
How do we fix penalties? Seems like we are doomed to lead the league in that category year after year.