Twitter: Shaq leaving Dallas without a deal

Praxit

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he get playing time in Philly? Zach Cunningham is hurt, Nakobe Dean is hurt, Nicholas Morrow is meh. He would be an upgrade over Morrow and Dean and may be an upgrade over Cunningham. If healthy he is an upgrade over Cunningham.
...not all grass is greener on otherside. ;)..

plymkr

Reaction score
For all of those people saying this is about salary it isn't. Leonard had a guaranteed salary for 2023 when he was cut by the Colts. Meaning that the only way he would make more money is if a team paid him in excess of the $6 million that was left on his guaranteed contract with the Colts for the remainder of the 2023 season. He is guaranteed $6 million regardless so if Dallas was only offering $1 million then he would end up getting $1 million from Dallas and $5 million from the Colts or if Dallas offered $3 million then he would get $3 million from the Colts. The only way money comes into play is if a team offered him more than the $6 million to play the next 6 games or if some team offered him an extended contract. Him not signing with Dallas comes down to one of two things.

1) Dallas didn't think he was healthy

or

2) he wanted to explore playing for other teams - doesn't mean he won't eventually choose Dallas

Money most likely won't be the motivation for where he signs unless some team gets stupid and throws ridiculous money at him.
I did not know that. Thank you for the contract info. So if money is not the problem then it’s either health or scheme. I’m thinking health issues.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Cunningham is day to day. Dean is back in a week,.
A healthy Shaq Leonard is better than both. The question is health, so Philly is right to do their due diligence and bring him in for a visit. Nakobe Dean is as slow as molasses. There are offensive linemen that ran the 40 faster than him. Lane Johnson ran a 4.72 and Dean ran a 4.74.

stinkface

Reaction score
I believe the eagles have 2 million. Dallas has 6 million and Texas has no income tax…
I don't think Philly has every shied away from figuring out a way to manipulate the cap. This is their year to go all in. AFC is a shell of what it was the last two years.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The issue could be finding a team that wont take him off of the field on passing downs. Apparently that was an issue this season in Indy. I dont think it's a money/contract issue at all.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Always an excuse and then he magically balls out for our rivals. We passed on Wagner too how did that work out.
That’s what I was saying, Wagner still a AP2 player past couple years. We need a LB anyway, next year included since LVE likely done. We have the money, Shaq likely not THAT expensive…..and Jerry cheap again, and teams like SF and Philly continue to make moves to win…..so stupid, Jerry always thinking he outsmarts everyone.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
He will be an eagle. No doubt in my mind. They will offer more than Dallas as they are always all in for getting that championship.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Usually when Jerry wants a player he doesn’t let them leave without signing. They get the deal done. Not looking good.

Plankton

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg