Shaquem Griffin

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Honestly I'd be down to draft him in the 3rd if he was there maybe just maaaaaybe the 2nd depending on whose available and who I drafted in the 1st...watched some of his tape and kid is everywhere and absolutely flies to the ball. 2 hands= top ten player.

Verdict

Reaction score
Where does he fit? I think he is a 3rd down corner/safety/linebacker. He might be able to play special teams.

He might also be an emergency RB with his size/weight/speed ratio.

He is too small to be an every down linebacker as a general rule. His speed is intriguing.

I probably wouldn't touch him until the 5th and even then I'm not sure how confident I would be that his missing hand wouldn't be too much for him to overcome.

DanA

Reaction score
Defensive rookie of the year. His college tape is good enough to be talked about in that conversation.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why this is supposed to be so inspiring. You're not hindered whatsoever in the bench press as long as the fake hand has enough grip.

I would not draft him under any circumstances. I wouldn't sign him as an UDFA either.
I would use a late round selection or UDFA....but not because I hope he can play LB. Maybe he will; maybe he won’t. But I’m not gambling on that. However, the kid is a demon on special teams, and I have no doubt he would be an impactful special teamer for Dallas.

Let some other team take him earlier if they want to make him a LB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't want any tackling liabilities. A one handed person doesn't have the same ability to bring down a RB running at full speed.
And a guy with half a foot can’t possibly kick the football like a whole guy. This kid Will be in the NFL and have a decent career, whether he plays LB or not. He’s a proven impact player on special teams with rare speed.

You guys are hilarious; hello! We see guys starting on offense and defense every year with no hand, having it wrapped up in a cast. You’re either good enough or you aren’t. You don’t draft that liability till late, if at all, but someone will bring him in, and I’d love that speed and production on our coverage units.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I don't want any tackling liabilities. A one handed person doesn't have the same ability to bring down a RB running at full speed.
We got guys that can't tackle with two hands and if you gave them a third they still wouldn't be able to. I'd rather have him then jaylon. At least he's proved he can still be effective

star-ving

Reaction score
Plenty of options:

Hav3Qig.jpg

Hav4t4F.jpg
Hav4IML.jpg
Hav5Ksb.jpg
Hav53wR.jpg
Hav6jt3.jpg
Hav8B00.jpg

think of the possibilities though
what if Jerry had Darpa build him a claw with like ratcheting cables and stuff
he could be like Scorpion get over here

hqdefault.jpg

i can see it now
125 tackles
6 tfl
5 fatalities

Hardline

Reaction score
And a guy with half a foot can’t possibly kick the football like a whole guy. This kid Will be in the NFL and have a decent career, whether he plays LB or not. He’s a proven impact player on special teams with rare speed.

You guys are hilarious; hello! We see guys starting on offense and defense every year with no hand, having it wrapped up in a cast. You’re either good enough or you aren’t. You don’t draft that liability till late, if at all, but someone will bring him in, and I’d love that speed and production on our coverage units.

I understand some of you loving an inspirational feel good story, I really do. But just because you think this guy can play with physical limitations is ridiculous. A half footed kicker only has one job. You think a half footed kicker can play linebacker?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I understand some of you loving an inspirational feel good story, I really do. But just because you think this guy can play with physical limitations is ridiculous. A half footed kicker only has one job. You think a half footed kicker can play linebacker?
It's not about a feel good story; it's about athletic ability and proven tape. The guy played at a very high level in college. Yes, the NFL is tougher, but is his handicap going to have a bigger impact than in college? I don't think so....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Of course Griffin can play.
Come guys. watch the vids and read the scouting reports.
He's all over the place, is very strong, has great instincts...and the is fastest LB at the combine in a decade.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'd say two hands are probably more important for a LB than a DE.
For one, the DE is bigger and stronger. However, JPP did miss a few tackles/sacks due to the handicap.

Now picture this young kid trying to tackle Ajay or Blount with one hand.
Also, the quicker players will know to juke to the handicap. Picture someone like
LeSean McCoy in open field against this kid.

I say let him be a good story for another team.
"juke the handicap" Wow man. Unreal.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think his ceiling is special teams. If you watched him in the position drills he was stiff as hell and lacked movement skills.

Like I said weeks ago, everyone wants to be on the right side of this inspiring story. If you just evaluate him as a prospect you'll see something g else.
apparently; those evaluating him are seeing a football player. I don't think anyone is saying he is a sure thing at LB, the only spot at which he should be considered. But he's definitely a sure thing as a key special teamer, with the chance of being a LB. When you prove you can play in college and are the defensive player of the year in your conference, you proved that you can play. Why would his hand be a bigger deal in the NFL than in college? There are LB's in the pros right now with two hands who run away from blocks and make plays rather than playing through contact. Forget his hand, look at his production and his athletic ability. I wouldn't draft him until the later rounds, but at that point, getting a guaranteed guy for special teams is a worthy selection.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Where does he fit? I think he is a 3rd down corner/safety/linebacker. He might be able to play special teams.

He might also be an emergency RB with his size/weight/speed ratio.

He is too small to be an every down linebacker as a general rule. His speed is intriguing.

I probably wouldn't touch him until the 5th and even then I'm not sure how confident I would be that his missing hand wouldn't be too much for him to overcome.
I wouldn't consider him at any position other than LB. To me that's the only spot where he's not greatly disadvantaged.

DanA

Reaction score

No, but I think one of the top LB’s in college football and special athlete can become a good LB in the NFL.