Shaquem Griffin

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think his ceiling is special teams. If you watched him in the position drills he was stiff as hell and lacked movement skills.

Like I said weeks ago, everyone wants to be on the right side of this inspiring story. If you just evaluate him as a prospect you'll see something g else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think his ceiling is special teams. If you watched him in the position drills he was stiff as hell and lacked movement skills.

Like I said weeks ago, everyone wants to be on the right side of this inspiring story. If you just evaluate him as a prospect you'll see something g else.
If you evaluate his tape......you see a player. it very well may be special teams. But this isn't a guy that's asking for pity and it isn't a guy who's had things handed to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go do a search a "Shaquem Griffin" on Twitter and there are a thousand posts from people who don't even follow football giving him insane applause and they never cared about or even heard of him until yesterday.

Now it is getting a little ridiculous with some soccer mom retweeting his story because it is "inspirational".

I bet he is on the Today Show soon. Maybe even The View. Lifetime Movie of the Week soon thereafter.
How is this a bad thing?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I'd be interested to see his 3 cone and shuttle times.

Just read that he's the fastest LB at the Combine in 14 years, so he's going to end up somewhere.

Reactions: BAT

DanA

Reaction score

When I watched the Auburn game I wasn’t thinking ST player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see his 3 cone and shuttle times.

Just read that he's the fastest LB at the Combine in 14 years, so he's going to end up somewhere.

Did they say what the discrepancy in his 40 time was? His first was 4.38 and then his second was like 4.58?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm happy to make a bet with anyone that Griffin's existence in the NFL is not as a defensive starter.

Any takers?

DanA

Reaction score
I'm happy to make a bet with anyone that Griffin's existence in the NFL is not as a defensive starter.

Any takers?

Don’t 50% of 1st rounders fail to become starters.....that feels like a safe bet. But I’ll take it. JPP has shown us you can play with one hand and this guy IMO was the 3rd best LB in college football.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I usually hate on Bryan Broaddus but he was right this kid is putting on a show at the combine and his tape is just as impressive

I get it he isn’t a 3 down LB but special teams is a very important part of the game and I think he could still rush the passer in certain situations

DiResta

Reaction score
I don't want any tackling liabilities. A one handed person doesn't have the same ability to bring down a RB running at full speed.
think of the possibilities though
what if Jerry had Darpa build him a claw with like ratcheting cables and stuff
he could be like Scorpion get over here

hqdefault.jpg

i can see it now
125 tackles
6 tfl
5 fatalities

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At very worst, he would be a solid ST player. Kyle Wilbur has made a career being just that, but I think Griffin would be a great SLB in our system.
And a better edge rusher than Wilbur.

Respect the NUB!

revospeed

Reaction score
I'd take him in the crap shoot rounds if he's there. Special teams player and situational pass rusher. We've fallen in love with athleticism in late rounds before. He'd be more useful than David Buehler was. JPP had used his nub as a weapon in pass rush, I'd like to see Griffin tape his arm up like JPP and use it as a pass rush weapon too.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Don’t 50% of 1st rounders fail to become starters.....that feels like a safe bet. But I’ll take it. JPP has shown us you can play with one hand and this guy IMO was the 3rd best LB in college football.

JPP has fingers (including his thumb IIRC) that provides some functionality as a hand.

Griffin's doesn't.

If you watched the Senior Bowl game you quickly got a glimpse of how his impairment is limiting. On a run play to his left he met the RB as the play move toward the sideline. He grabbed onto the running back and swung around with his momentum and got flung off because he couldn't wrap up with his left arm/hand. End result: missed tackle.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I watched every game of his college career. This kid can play in the NFL.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Get prepared, this is going to blow up over the next few days.

He will be a full blown celebrity.

Might even have commercial endorsements before the draft.