Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934911 said:
Because some of them are from poor backgrounds, that is an excuse to pay them less than they are worth? Oh nice of you to stereotype them all.

Are you drunk or just being thick!

If Cam Newton or our own Dez Bryant did not have the opportunity to get a free education, get somewhat acclimated to a normal society that is mostly above average or trying to get there, get coached on how to work at the game you love and know that pays really good...

Poor fools..

I don't stereotype, or at least try not to because I think that brings racism into the word. No thanks...

Go to Turkey, Fuzzy. This time I will pitch in $7.00

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934911 said:
Because some of them are from poor backgrounds, that is an excuse to pay them less than they are worth? Oh nice of you to stereotype them all.

They do get a lot of free coaching and equipment along the way. No gym fees either.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Dallas drafts a full back late every year! I just dont get it. I knew going into this draft they would draft one and voila there it is.

I like Gronkowski(SP) I know he had some well publicized problems but I think he could be a good player.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
5Stars;3934942 said:

If Cam Newton or our own Dez Bryant did not have the opportunity to get a free education, get somewhat acclimated to a normal society that is mostly above average or trying to get there, get coached on how to work at the game you love and know that pays really good...

Poor fools..

I don't stereotype, or at least try not to because I think that brings racism into the word. No thanks...

Stereotyping is natural and doesn't bring racism into anything.

It's when people are treated differently based on stereotypes that we start getting into trouble.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;3934942 said:

Poor fools..

So if someone is from an underprivileged background that means its okay to use them to make tons of money and not pay them through some bogus collusion?

What about the Cameron Heywards of the world who grew up in affluent homes and affluent neighborhoods? Would not the converse be true.

Or moreso what about the kid that has better grades and merits going to college more than the Dez Bryants that got a rejection letter?

You need to look up the Ed O'Bannon case because the NCAA's little party of using these kids to rake in big bucks and not pay them squat is coming to an end.

The NCAA is a money grab. The entire BCS system should make that abundantly clear.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
IgorTheMan99;3934958 said:
They do get a lot of free coaching and equipment along the way. No gym fees either.

I get a desktop in my office too. I guess they should deduct that from my pay?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
TheCount;3934481 said:
So is Henry Hynoski, and he actually played FB.

Another typical Cowboy pick.

Yeah, let's draft a fullback who can't even break 5 seconds in the 40...

Brilliant...

silverbear

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934498 said:
Was not on your wishlist and you do not know much about him so you complain

Another typical The Count draft post.

Well said...

silverbear

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934521 said:
Chapas has been a true FB his whole career at Georgia, what the hell are you talking about?

What's funny is TheCount clearly thinks that his player evaluation skills are superior to anybody on the Cowboys' staff, and yet he doesn't even know what position Chapas played in college...

Yeah, he's my draft guru... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3934522 said:
You see that, Gronk?

Like I said, this guy may stink, but at least this shows we haven't completely given up on the fullback position.

Ever since Garrett got hired, I have thought that he'd like to find his own Moose... we may see the fullback become an integral part of the Boys' offense before too much longer...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3935386 said:
Ever since Garrett got hired, I have thought that he'd like to find his own Moose... we may see the fullback become an integral part of the Boys' offense before too much longer...

Lead blocking is an integral part of being able to run short yardage. Hopefully this guy can help in that regard.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
silverbear;3935384 said:
What's funny is TheCount clearly thinks that his player evaluation skills are superior to anybody on the Cowboys' staff, and yet he doesn't even know what position Chapas played in college...

Yeah, he's my draft guru... LOL...

Hey, position doesn't matter, only draft value of the players I wanted picked

silverbear

Reaction score
TheCount;3934523 said:
I'm not going to argue a FB but Chupas is going to have to blow Gronkowski away to surplant a dude with a year in the system already. I'm no huge gronk fan, but we aren't carrying two FB's and we don't like playing rookies in protection.

Don't be an *******.

Said the man who's trashing Chapa because he's not a true fullback... LOL...

Fuzz is right, at least this time, you often go off on rants without having your facts straight...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
silverbear;3935375 said:

Brilliant...

Is there a need for a fullback to be fast?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
silverbear;3935375 said:

Brilliant...

Leave it to Silver to show up hours late to the party and restart an argument over a 7th round FB. My hats off to you.

Carl23

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3934477 said:
6-2 and 247.

I have no clue how good he is, but I'm glad to see us take a FB.

I'm tired of the constant H-backs taking their place. These 6-5 and 6-6 guys who were TEs just don't block as well IMO.

Yes. Nice to see a 'shorter' guy play the position. Too difficult for the tall guys to get low enough to demolish their opponent.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
sago1;3934480 said:
Doubt we keep 2 FBs so does this mean Gronkowski is in trouble

Well, it was his missed block that allowed Boley to shatter Romo's clavicle.

Getting the franchise QB killed is probably not the best career move for young Mr. Gronkowski.;)