Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
tomson75;3934533 said:
Are you automatically giving him the starting role? Just curious.

I do know that I am putting him out there on 3rd down before I put freaking Gronkowski back out there.

If Gronkowski ever sees the field on a passing down again, Garrett needs to turn in his degree from Princeton.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
5Stars;3934859 said:
Plus cleaning offices all night before school...

Luxury! We used to DREAM about cleaning offices all night before school. We used to have to get up in the morning at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before we went to bed, work 29 hours a day cleaning offices, and pay the office owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad and mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

But you try and tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
pupulehaole;3935383 said:
are we going to talk about Shaun Chapas in this thread? lol

Yeah, let's do that. ;)

Here is what Lindy's draft guide has to say about Chapas:

6-2, 4.72, 7th rd prospect

Positives: Three year starter; complete and well rounded prospect. Fast and agile for a lead blocker with the soft hands to be a receiver in the itnermediate zones and on screens and dumpoffs. Tehnically sound, proper knee-bend, hand placement and the ability to consistently put his shoulder into a defender's thigh to clear a path when on the move. High effort special teams player, team leader and hard worker.

Negatives: Missed final two games of 2010 season recovering from ankle surgery. Not a bulldozer as a blocker or in Peyton Hillis' class as a runner. Must improve as a pass protector by setting up instead of driving ahead as if run blocking.

In Our View: Chapas grades out well, but the health of his ankle will determine his final draft guide. He is an NFL prospect because of his tools to be a runner/receiver and special teams contributor.

Grade 6.0

Sounds like a good prospect at FB for us. It's the seventh round guys, not every pick is going to be the steal of the draft (see Bruce Carter).

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3935423 said:
Is there a need for a fullback to be fast?

If you want him to be a factor in the passing game... you don't have to be a sprinter, but you should at least be faster than an offensive lineman...

silverbear

Reaction score
TheCount;3935428 said:
Leave it to Silver to show up hours late to the party and restart an argument over a 7th round FB. My hats off to you.

Hey, is it my fault that I work graveyard shifts and sleep during the day?? I joined the discussion when I discovered it...

Sorry if that disturbs you, but the fact is, you WERE talking out your hat when you first discussed our new FB... you didn't even know that fullback was his position in college, how are we supposed to take any analysis you might have of his ability seriously?? And if you're so misinformed on such a basic subject, how are we to take ANY of your draft pronouncments seriously??

silverbear

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3935480 said:
Luxury! We used to DREAM about cleaning offices all night before school. We used to have to get up in the morning at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before we went to bed, work 29 hours a day cleaning offices, and pay the office owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad and mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

But you try and tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you.

This younger generation doesn't know what hardship is...

And I never suspected you had such a deliciously sarcastic sense of humor, Adam... :D

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
silverbear;3935537 said:
This younger generation doesn't know what hardship is...

And I never suspected you had such a deliciously sarcastic sense of humor, Adam... :D

I never realized that Adam was a Python fan.

ologan

Reaction score
I'd sure like to know the opinion of Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno on this kid. He was instrumental in a lot of their success the years they were at Georgia,and afterwards. If memory serves,he was also an important part of their special teams. He's a hardnose football player,and I think he sticks.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Green Bay's John Kuhn was undrafted, and everyone talks about how awesome he is.

silverbear

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3935627 said:
I never realized that Adam was a Python fan.

Since he's clearly intelligent, I'm completely unsurprised... :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ologan;3935633 said:
I'd sure like to know the opinion of Matthew Stafford and Knowshon Moreno on this kid. He was instrumental in a lot of their success the years they were at Georgia,and afterwards. If memory serves,he was also an important part of their special teams. He's a hardnose football player,and I think he sticks.
This quote doesn't directly match Moreno's opinion of Chapas, but it does credit him somewhat.

When his team was asked which was their favorite Moreno run, most said it was his 80-yarder versus Auburn. Moreno's opinion?

“I think my favorite was the (9-yard) touchdown run against Arizona State this year,” he said. “No one had scored in the game, and I felt like it was time for one team to make a statement. (Fullback Shaun) Chapas made a great block, and I was able to dive into the end zone.”

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/dec/30/georgia-morenos-runs-uga-hard-rank/

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
AdamJT13;3935480 said:

Watson has a sense of humor. The war between the machines is almost upon us

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
silverbear;3935536 said:
Hey, is it my fault that I work graveyard shifts and sleep during the day?? I joined the discussion when I discovered it...

Sorry if that disturbs you, but the fact is, you WERE talking out your hat when you first discussed our new FB... you didn't even know that fullback was his position in college, how are we supposed to take any analysis you might have of his ability seriously?? And if you're so misinformed on such a basic subject, how are we to take ANY of your draft pronouncments seriously??

You're still going?

If it makes you feel better, you don't have to take anything I say regarding 7th round FB's seriously. Whether you want to take the rest seriously is your call, I promise you that your approval of what I say is not on my mind when I post.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
People are giving the Count **** now? Always thought the guy was pretty solid.

Despite him being a Tyron non believer

silverbear

Reaction score
TheCount;3935856 said:
You're still going?

If it makes you feel better, you don't have to take anything I say regarding 7th round FB's seriously. Whether you want to take the rest seriously is your call, I promise you that your approval of what I say is not on my mind when I post.

Why are you getting mad at me?? After all, I'm not the one who pulled "facts" out of my anal orifice... if you feel foolish right now, put the blame on the face in the mirror...

And trust me, I had long ago reached the point where I stopped paying serious attention to your draft opinions...