Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3934780 said:
Has nobody but me seen this guy play? I can't fathom why nobody likes this pick if they had. The dude can block, catch and has a mean streak a mile wide. He once tackled a linebacker, ripped his helmet off and tried to pummel him for hitting his QB late.

Loved this pick. He's been on my wishlist all offseason.

I've seen almost all his games here at UGA. He's gonna be a nice addition.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934728 said:
Reading about our draft picks only cements my feeling.

Demarco Murray put how many butts in OU seats in his four years?

Bruce Carter is a top prospect but an injury more severe and he would have gotten nada for leading those UNC defenses.

They used those kids and paid them chumpchange.

What do you think about Medical Residencies?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3934791 said:
Loved this pick. He's been on my wishlist all offseason.

I've seen almost all his games here at UGA. He's gonna be a nice addition.

This has been our best draft in years IMO. Of our 7 picks thus far, I only dislike one of them (and only because I think Murray won't last long in the NFL).

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934760 said:
When you are selling out stadiums that seat 100k, the $30k per year they paid Murray and Carter, is absolute chumpchange. That is the real economic value of what they gave those kids.

Right, One Hundred Twenty Thousand for a kid that would never be able to go to a college, earn a degree, and play a game they love.

What do you think sports would be like if the pool of athletes were ones the had to pay THEIR OWN way through school?

Your logic is so faulty at time...but, your still cool, at least to me.
:cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Has nobody but me seen this guy play? I can't fathom why nobody likes this pick if they had. The dude can block, catch and has a mean streak a mile wide. He once tackled a linebacker, ripped his helmet off and tried to pummel him for hitting his QB late.

:confused: :eek:

Cereal dude!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3934795 said:
What do you think about Medical Residencies?

Lets just say that I am not very fond of the AMA. Medical students get taken for a ride the entire way.

When they start issuing state licenses for football players let me know though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;3934800 said:
Right, One Hundred Twenty Thousand for a kid that would never be able to go to a college, earn a degree, and play a game they love.

What do you think sports would be like if the pool of athletes were ones the had to pay THEIR OWN way through school?

Your logic is so faulty at time...but, your still cool, at least to me.

I do not support Demarco Murray being forced to pay for other people's way through school. You go ahead and keep with your totalitarian self.

Its nothing compared to what he would have gotten if the NCAA did not systematically exclude them from being paid. He could not een have people that wanted to pay him pay him.

its stupid, wrong and unAmerican at its core values.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934803 said:
Lets just say that I am not very fond of the AMA. Medical students get taken for a ride the entire way.

When they start issuing state licenses for football players let me know though.

Would that change your opinion?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3934817 said:
Would that change your opinion?

It would change my opinion on whether or not they had any right to fix costs but at the end of the day I can see no justification for needing licensing for football players.

Doctors is pretty obvious. They still get paid more in residency btw despite high cost of liability coverage for young doctors.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934813 said:
I do not support Demarco Murray being forced to pay for other people's way through school. You go ahead and keep with your totalitarian self.

Its nothing compared to what he would have gotten if the NCAA did not systematically exclude them from being paid. He could not een have people that wanted to pay him pay him.

They are paid.

Tuition, meal plans, books, tutors, housing.......and depending on the cost of housing versus their allotted money for housing, some get straight cash leftovers.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3934840 said:
They are paid.

Tuition, meal plans, books, tutors, housing.......and depending on the cost of housing versus their allotted money for housing, some get straight cash leftovers.

Tyron was eating Ramen noodles his whole time

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3934840 said:
They are paid.

Which total about $30k or so depending on college. i was talking more along the lines of them preventing anyone else from paying him anything.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934813 said:

Idiotic statement...most of these athletes could not get anywhere the kind of coin that they are going to get now...because they got the opportunity that kids coming from dis-functional families, trying to get out of the hood, trying to better themselves because of their athletic abilities, but without the ability because they are from poor backgrounds...

How friggen Un-American that is...

Move to China, Fuzzy...I'll pitch in $5.00.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3934841 said:
Tyron was eating Ramen noodles his whole time

Plus cleaning offices all night before school...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3934844 said:
Which total about $30k or so depending on college. i was talking more along the lines of them preventing anyone else from paying him anything.

Per year...don't diminish the whole picture...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I really don't get why people don't realize that, even though we play a lot of multiple TE sets (every team does), we've always kept at least 3 TEs and 1 FB on the roster and active on game day.

This guy will not be on the roster at the expense of Bennett or Phillips.

rynochop

Reaction score

So offsetting personal fouls?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;3934861 said:
Per year...don't diminish the whole picture...

Thats how you typically evaluate pay. Per hour or per year.

youre the one trying to use a different metric.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
5Stars;3934856 said:
Idiotic statement...most of these athletes could not get anywhere the kind of coin that they are going to get now...because they got the opportunity that kids coming from dis-functional families, trying to get out of the hood, trying to better themselves because of their athletic abilities, but without the ability because they are from poor backgrounds...

How friggen Un-American that is...

Move to China, Fuzzy...I'll pitch in $5.00.

Because some of them are from poor backgrounds, that is an excuse to pay them less than they are worth? Oh nice of you to stereotype them all.