Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr Cowboy;3934469 said:
Chapas is a gritty football player with a throwback mentality, but he does not have the bulk or athleticism to be a lead blocker in the NFL. Although he flashes the ability to make difficult catches, he is a very raw receiver and will not be able to assume an H-back role at the next level. However, he has a relentless motor and good pop at the point of attack. He also can be effective in short yardage situations on his terrific effort alone. Chapas will likely be a day 3 pick, as he has a great attitude and is a coach's dream.
I was about to post the same thing from NFL.com. Here's the L-I-N-K by the way: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/shaun-chapas?id=2495270

If this isn't a Jason Garrett pick, none have been.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
TheCount;3934481 said:
So is Henry Hynoski, and he actually played FB.

Another typical Cowboy pick.

Everyone here has just been brainwashed to believe Hynoski is some great player, mainly because they have seen his name in fan mock after fan mock.

Chapas is a WCO-type FB and a reliable 3-year starter.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TheCount;3934481 said:

Was not on your wishlist and you do not know much about him so you complain

Another typical The Count draft post.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ren;3934491 said:
We're in the 7th round dude that chances of finding anyone here is minimal. We got a FB to compete with the one who can't block if it doesn't work out no one will remember this guys name come week one

I agree and I think its insane to B and moan about a 6th round pick but even if he does end up being a good player I still don't see a role for him on this team.

dgr81

Reaction score
Positives: Terrific blocker, a traditional fullback who excels as a lead blocker... Loves to use his body and get in front of defenders, very physical... Solid receiver, has a nice set of hands... Good in blitz pickup, shows above-average awareness and technique in pass protection... Has been an effective short yardage back for Georgia... High energy, high motor type of player.

mv09

Reaction score
Some would say that a large portion of this draft was to protect Romo.

Tackle
Guard
Blocking RB
Blocking FB
Slot WR for quick throws

I like it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Chapas is a gritty football player with a throwback mentality, but he does not have the bulk or athleticism to be a lead blocker in the NFL.

:laugh2:

But, to be fair:

Chapas will likely be a day 3 pick, as he has a great attitude and is a coach's dream.

Just from NFL.com

sago1

Reaction score
Didn't his assessment say he couldn't be a lead blocker in the NFL or is he a better at protecting the QB? Hmmm.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934467 said:
What ever, I got no words on this one.

FB I guess............

Chapas is an excellent FB. They use the FB a ton at Georgia.

This was a great pick in the 7th rd. Massive upgrade over Gronkowski and some of the guys we've trotted out the past few years.

Woods

Reaction score
from Ourlads . . . . . .

three year starter . . . West coast offense type fb who is a blocker first . . . a willing and productive blocker who can seal the edge. good vision, feet, and functional strength to block in pass protection. I-formation fb who knows how to check and release to get into pass routes. can catch all the flat and check down type passes. ties up the lb on inside blitzes. plays h-back where he can get a running start at his target. can adjust on the run. strong enough to run a defensive end up the field. out of control at times. plays on special teams and returns kickoffs.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dargonking999;3934476 said:
Seriously JG is making his statement a little too much right now. I know he wants tough smart football players, but can we please draft someone who's going to contribute to this team down the road?

A starting FB doesnt contribute?

This guy will help this team.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
clarencehilljr Clarence Hill
Shaun Chapas was nicknamed the Georgia Steamroller for his vicious blocks in college

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Mash;3934478 said:
ouch....

I will be surprised if he makes it past 1st week of training camp....

:)

I dont know ......just wow....might as well just passed the pick IMHO

Wow...the stupidity never ends in this forum

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3934516 said:
clarencehilljr Clarence Hill
Shaun Chapas was nicknamed the Georgia Steamroller for his vicious blocks in college

if true im starting to like it

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheCount;3934481 said:

Chapas has been a true FB his whole career at Georgia, what the hell are you talking about?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dgr81;3934508 said:
Positives: Terrific blocker, a traditional fullback who excels as a lead blocker... Loves to use his body and get in front of defenders, very physical... Solid receiver, has a nice set of hands... Good in blitz pickup, shows above-average awareness and technique in pass protection...

You see that, Gronk?

Like I said, this guy may stink, but at least this shows we haven't completely given up on the fullback position.

Believe it or not, this may be one of my favorite picks we made... Adjusted for round, of course.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Alexander;3934495 said:
Everyone here has just been brainwashed to believe Hynoski is some great player, mainly because they have seen his name in fan mock after fan mock.

Chapas is a WCO-type FB and a reliable 3-year starter.

I'm not going to argue a FB but Chupas is going to have to blow Gronkowski away to surplant a dude with a year in the system already. I'm no huge gronk fan, but we aren't carrying two FB's and we don't like playing rookies in protection.

FuzzyLumpkins;3934498 said:
Was not on your wishlist and you do not know much about him so you complain

Another typical The Count draft post.

Don't be an *******.

burmafrd

Reaction score
maybe we got a lead blocker and a short yardage pounder as well