Shaun Chapas RB Georgia

honyock

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934546 said:
I'm a UGA guy and have watched him play for years.

I dont think he's the devastating blocker Moose was, but he is a good blocker. He also has excellent hands out of the backfield, doesnt run like a stiff and contributes on special teams. Been a team leader at UGA.

That's been the theme of the day.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3934544 said:
Gronkowski only made the team because of that injury and a healthy Phillips will take his roster spot so whose spot is Chapas looking at?

Very good point

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934543 said:
There was not a Georgia RB I spent any time on this year thus I likely would of never spotted the FB play, Also outside of Clint Boiling I spent very little time on their offensive line not to mention I put very little time in on FB's.

It's crazy to believe for a minute anyone is going to know everyone.

I thought you lived here in SEC country and had seen UGA games.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Alexander;3934549 said:
From what I saw last year, I think Gronkowski was still struggling to learn who to block and when.

Tony Romo saw the same thing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3934544 said:
Gronkowski only made the team because of that injury and a healthy Phillips will take his roster spot so whose spot is Chapas looking at?

Chapas is a FB. Phillips is the 3rd TE

Phillips is not the lead blocker Chapas is.

Sabu1

Reaction score
I've seen this kid play a number of times down here in SEC land, and this kid is a lead blocker out of the I formation playing in Mark Richt's offense. This kid has a chance. He can catch it out of the backfield and is good at the point of attack.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cml750;3934542 said:
Don't forget about Gronkowski missing a block that let Romo get blown away. That missed block might even the odds somewhat!! LOL

Exactly, because Gronkowski was a rookie. You think this dude will make no mistakes if he were a starter next year?

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934553 said:
I thought you lived here in SEC country and had seen UGA games.

My job requires me to spend 80% of my time scouting small schools up and down the East Coast. Anything I get done on my own time is on my own time which is not a lot.

Scouting FB's is further down on my list then kickers. Just the way the game is today.

Mash

Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes;3934541 said:
Didn't you get the memo? These guys are just exercising their right not to drink Jerry's Kool-Aid and expressing their opinions, which is, after all, the whole purpose of these forums.

Thks...

Was just posting a opinion....I rarely ever diss a draft pick. But I really didnt like this pick. But its a 7th rounder....so no big deal....how many 7th rounders make it?

But I can understand how someone gets upset when someone posts a remark bashing a pick. Been here a long time....it does get tiresome reading post after post about how bad our picks are. ....so I take no offense to someone jumping down my throat for a dumb opinion.

In the grand scheme of things.....its just a post :)

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
When your the sole reason that your starting Pro Bowl QB's season ends early...

Typically you get replaced

SDogo

Reaction score
dbair1967;3934556 said:
Chapas is a FB. Phillips is the 3rd TE

Phillips is not the lead blocker Chapas is.

Garretts office utilizes the TE in the FB/H-Back role.

He is 100% correct. If Phillips would not have been hurt, Gronk would of never made the team.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
in the highlights they showed on espn he atleast blocked his man but he also got knocked back

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't seen any Georgia games the last couple of years, nothing more than a few minutes here and there anyway, so I haven't seen the kid play.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TheCount;3934523 said:
Don't be an *******.

All you have done is complain on the forementioned basis for 7 picks. Its gotten old.

While i am trying to learn about a player. People like yourself start blasting it without knowing a damn thing about the payer.

He played FB. That was his position at UG but you start off by claiming he wasn't. It doesnt help anyone to spread misinformation.

Seriously, quit drinking.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SDogo;3934561 said:
My job requires me to spend 80% of my time scouting small schools up and down the East Coast. Anything I get done on my own time is on my own time which is not a lot.

Scouting FB's is further down on my list then kickers. Just the way the game is today.

OK.

Just isnt a surprise to me at all that we took a FB. I've been thinking we would all offseason.

And this guy was my #1 hope for FB because he isnt one dimensional and he isnt a stiff. He can move and catch in addition to block.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What? the announcers just said the he compared to Moose? :cool:

We could only hope so!

;)