Shawn Oakman found not guilty. Would you give him a chance?

GenoT

Reaction score
This belongs in (Dallas Cowboys) Fan Zone because...?
:huh:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd say let him test it out in the AAF or the CFL. If he does well there, then sure, why not?

revospeed

Reaction score
If we ran a 3-4, then yes. But I don’t think he has a spot in the 4-3.

Reaction score
Is there any evidence that he has been in any type of training? If so, it probably wasn't against current NFL talent.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Not interested he may of been found not guilty didn’t follow the trial but from what I know I’d say he was guilty. He also has prior bad acts that got him kicked out of another college. If I recall his stock was falling before the rape as people were picking him apart.

ghst187

Reaction score
No, enough with these basket cases.

Agree!
Oakman is like Irvin except more hype than production. Physical freak but never impressed me in games. Look like Tarzan play like Jane. Lot of his big plays were garbage.
Add in the fact he’s probably a thug and idiot...pass.
Although maybe he is a RKG like JG likes the way Wilson, Dez, Gregory, TW, and Irvin were...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yes, if the intent is to keep their streak of starting the season with a defensive player suspended intact.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Never hurts to bring him in for a visit. Suddenly DE got thinned out quick this off-season.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
If Rudy Ruettiger looked like him he likely could have won WW2 by himself (although I’m not sure the timeline adds up) as is this guy just isn’t nearly the player he probably could be

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Don't ever forget, Greg Hardy was also found "not guilty".....just sayn

snapper

Reaction score
Former Baylor standout defensive end Shawn Oakman was found not guilty today of rape.

Would you take a chance on him given our need at DE?

I always thought he was too stiff (yes I know) and overhyped anyway. But I'd love to hear what y'all think about this.

Want him because he looks like Lord Greystoke.

Don't want him because he plays like Jane Porter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't care. If we really want to bring him in so he can be cut before the season, whatever. Dude is a backup at best. Rather bring in some youngsters.