Shawn Oakman found not guilty. Would you give him a chance?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How did he get 11 sks his first year (2014) as a starter?
He had 1 season of 5+ sacks beyond high school level and it occurred 5 years ago.

That Baylor team was arguably it's best ever and putting 60+ points a week on teams.
He faced a ton of pass rush situations as a front runner.
The team as a whole had 36 sacks.

IF he can prove himself in a league like the AAF then maybe an NFL gives him a real look.

The fact he didn't go CFL tells me something wasn't right with him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Do you think I care about stupid things he did as a college kid. Did he ever serve jail time? If you bring him in undrafted or 7th round pick just for the chance at the upside who cares. It's when you spend premium picks and money like a randy gregory that it really stings.
There are people who do stupid things as a kid or even adult and then there are just crap people.
You don't want to be associated with the latter in anyway at all.
Shawn was known as piece of crap person all along the way and well before this rape charge ever stuck.
Baylor tried to just use his talent and look what it got them?

Can you imagine trying to defend the team if he got into serious trouble?
Can you imagine the lawsuit?

Not worth it at all.
Especially based solely on football played 4/5 years ago.

At BEST he is a David Irving.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He is only 26
He is 27 in a month. 24 is old for a rookie. 27 is absurd. David Irving is 25. So is Dak Prescott.

And Oakman is a scum bucket galore.
In January 2013, a different woman had accused Oakman of physically assaulting her, according to a police report. She told officers she didn't want to pursue a criminal case, and no charges were ever filed.

Oakman had come to Baylor from Penn State, where he had been dismissed from the program in 2012 after he was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, harassment and retail theft stemming from an incident in which he allegedly tried to steal a sandwich from a convenience store and was aggressive with a female store clerk by grabbing her wrist.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He’s the typical kind of risk Jerry would make. If he doesn’t cost us anything he’d be a great acquisition. If not for his legal issues he would have been a 1st round pick.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is 27 in a month. 24 is old for a rookie. 27 is absurd. David Irving is 25. So is Dak Prescott.

And Oakman is a scum bucket galore.
In January 2013, a different woman had accused Oakman of physically assaulting her, according to a police report. She told officers she didn't want to pursue a criminal case, and no charges were ever filed.

Oakman had come to Baylor from Penn State, where he had been dismissed from the program in 2012 after he was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct, harassment and retail theft stemming from an incident in which he allegedly tried to steal a sandwich from a convenience store and was aggressive with a female store clerk by grabbing her wrist.
Which makes him a perfect candidate for Jerry. Lol

He abuses women but he can pass a drug test and doesn’t kneel . Ha

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He’s the typical kind of risk Jerry would make. If he doesn’t cost us anything he’d be a great acquisition. If not for his legal issues he would have been a 1st round pick.
No, he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick.
He was rated 2nd/3rd round by scouts.
Character (without rape charge) likely would have driven him to lower 3rd or 4th round.

He is a huge risk as he has such a shady past you are on hook for anything he does in future and can't play dumb.
He has had 3 separate incidents referred to police with violence against women.

Only the stupidest of all stupid people would sign him and take that risk for a 27 year old who hasn't played football in 3 years.
About zero would make me boycott the team but this would.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
She told officers she didn't want to pursue a criminal case, and no charges were ever filed.
So did it really happen then? If I was physically assaulted I would continue with the charges, not drop them. Stop white knighting on the internet. You were not there and ppl lie about things that happen. Hence why ppl are innocent until proven guilty in court. Not JTerrell putting ppl in jail for life from the cowboys forums.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, he wouldn't have been a 1st round pick.
He was rated 2nd/3rd round by scouts.
Character (without rape charge) likely would have driven him to lower 3rd or 4th round.

He is a huge risk as he has such a shady past you are on hook for anything he does in future and can't play dumb.
He has had 3 separate incidents referred to police with violence against women.

Only the stupidest of all stupid people would sign him and take that risk for a 27 year old who hasn't played football in 3 years.
About zero would make me boycott the team but this would.
If Hardy didn’t make you boycott then this criminal shouldn’t either. Lol

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Who cares how old he is compared to rookies?

27 is young for the NFL in general and if we get one or two seasons for vet min then it is a deal

We aren't looking to groom our next RoH player..... we are trying to extract any value from a bust

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

27 is young for the NFL in general and if we get one or two seasons for vet min then it is a deal

We aren't looking to groom our next RoH player..... we are trying to extract any value from a bust
:hammer:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

this is called common sense....
risk vs reward... risk being called complete morons for a 27 year old 3 years out of football? nope. no one sane would.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yes, if the intent is to keep their streak of starting the season with a defensive player suspended intact.
NFL can't suspend him. CPA states that if it is adjudicated in the courts, the NFL must accept that result.

Someone who is never charged (Zeke) has no protection whereas someone who is charged but found not guilty does (Greg Hardy had charges dropped which is different from being found not guilty).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So did it really happen then? If I was physically assaulted I would continue with the charges, not drop them. Stop white knighting on the internet. You were not there and ppl lie about things that happen. Hence why ppl are innocent until proven guilty in court. Not JTerrell putting ppl in jail for life from the cowboys forums.
Stop posting complete nonsense.
I would gladly say this in real life.

She reported it but didn't want to undergo the additional ordeal of court and lawyers that you deal with when you involve the authorities.
Defending dudes who abuse women is for complete chumps and punks.
He has 3 documented cases of abusing women.

I live in The Colony if you are curious how bold i'd be in public.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
this is called common sense....
risk vs reward... risk being called complete morons for a 27 year old 3 years out of football? nope. no one sane would.
there is no risk

guys like Frank Clark, Ty Hill, Joe Mixon, TSuggs, KHunt, RFoster are all still in the league

we can't take some moral high ground after Josh Brent, Joe Randle, Greg Hardy and Zeke Elliott

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Stop posting complete nonsense.
I would gladly say this in real life.

She reported it but didn't want to undergo the additional ordeal of court and lawyers that you deal with when you involve the authorities.
Defending dudes who abuse women is for complete chumps and punks.
He has 3 documented cases of abusing women.

I live in The Colony if you are curious how bold i'd be in public.
The colony? What is that a TV show? Not defending the guy but did he ever do jail time?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
NFL can't suspend him. CPA states that if it is adjudicated in the courts, the NFL must accept that result.

Someone who is never charged (Zeke) has no protection whereas someone who is charged but found not guilty does (Greg Hardy had charges dropped which is different from being found not guilty).
He has two other cases which could be used against him and since punishment is basically wide open who knows what they'd do.
NFL team's entirely removed him from boards and didn't even let him try out.

But beyond that the team would be open to a massive lawsuit from any woman he assaulted.
It's be impossible for the team to argue it didn't know he was accused of being a serial abuser.

The only reason this is thread is nonsense he spewed when interviewed. No NFL team has said a thing.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He has two other cases which could be used against him and since punishment is basically wide open who knows what they'd do.
NFL team's entirely removed him from boards and didn't even let him try out.

But beyond that the team would be open to a massive lawsuit from any woman he assaulted.
It's be impossible for the team to argue it didn't know he was accused of being a serial abuser.

The only reason this is thread is nonsense he spewed when interviewed. No NFL team has said a thing.
players can only be suspended if apart of the league at the time of the incident(s). teams are never sued over these issues. they go after the player's personal wealth.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That is absurd..... the Team isn't liable for off-field actions

you are reaching