Shawne Merriman explain why Cowboys fall to Colts

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Kaiser said:
Payton Manning had zero playoff wins in his first five years in the NFL. He sucks, he's a backup.

So, in your view of the world, Dak is on a Peyton Manning career trajectory. Guess the NFL is full of back-ups in the same position.

I think what Kaiser is trying to say is (though his comment has nothing to do with the post at hand) is fans have had this "Superbowl now" expectation for Dak since the very first day he stepped on the field in a Cowboys uniform. You can put any name in there. Nobody should expect a rookie Quarterback to take the team to the Superbowl their first couple years. Yes Dak has been here more than a couple years but when was the last time we really had an offense that can protect Dak? Truth is we really never have had one.. Remember I'm talking about protecting Dak. Not Tony or any other past quarterback. Let's make sure we stay on the same page...

Now I'm not saying that it's all the O line and that Dak is perfect... By no means do I think that... Our O line is atrocious and so is Dak.... I think Dak is a great spiritual leader... He just doesn't have what it takes to get us anywhere...

But now to the topic at hand..... Leadership starts at the top... I'm sure Garrett and Linehan are swell guys... But truth be told, neither of them have what it takes to get us to the Superbowl. There is no doubt in my mind that they're trying... But one can trty until their blue in the face. It's either you have it or you don't... It's simple as that... With them 2 at the helm, we will never get to the Superbowl... They just don't have what it takes...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kaiser said:
Payton Manning had zero playoff wins in his first five years in the NFL. He sucks, he's a backup.

I think what Kaiser is trying to say is (though his comment has nothing to do with the post at hand) is fans have had this "Superbowl now" expectation for Dak since the very first day he stepped on the field in a Cowboys uniform. You can put any name in there. Nobody should expect a rookie Quarterback to take the team to the Superbowl their first couple years. Yes Dak has been here more than a couple years but when was the last time we really had an offense that can protect Dak? Truth is we really never have had one.. Remember I'm talking about protecting Dak. Not Tony or any other past quarterback. Let's make sure we stay on the same page...

Now I'm not saying that it's all the O line and that Dak is perfect... By no means do I think that... Our O line is atrocious and so is Dak.... I think Dak is a great spiritual leader... He just doesn't have what it takes to get us anywhere...

But now to the topic at hand..... Leadership starts at the top... I'm sure Garrett and Linehan are swell guys... But truth be told, neither of them have what it takes to get us to the Superbowl. There is no doubt in my mind that they're trying... But one can trty until their blue in the face. It's either you have it or you don't... It's simple as that... With them 2 at the helm, we will never get to the Superbowl... They just don't have what it takes...

Dak had a better OL in 2017 than the super bowl champs. He had Zeke. He had Witten. Protect Dak? You can't protect a Qb who holds onto the ball as long as he does.

Stop with the excuses for the guy b/c they never end. At the end of the day, its about whether or not he's scoring points on a consistent basis. The only reason this team has 8 wins and might win the division is the defense. Dak but for a few moments hasn't helped much.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Dak had a better OL in 2017 than the super bowl champs. He had Zeke. He had Witten. Protect Dak? You can't protect a Qb who holds onto the ball as long as he does.

Stop with the excuses for the guy b/c they never end. At the end of the day, its about whether or not he's scoring points on a consistent basis. The only reason this team has 8 wins and might win the division is the defense. Dak but for a few moments hasn't helped much.

Apparently, you only read pieces of my reply but that's OK... I'll be happy to show you where you missed what I said... You missed the part where I said Dak is atrocious and that he doesn't have what it takes to get us anywhere. I guess you take that as I'm giving him excuses... Whatever floats your boat Bud..

MyFairLady

Reaction score
First off Merriman can be legally classified as mentally handicapped. Second his idea of leadership is to go on a steroid fueled rage dance that consisted of turning an imaginary light rapidly off and on. Third he is a grade A loser.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, you only read pieces of my reply but that's OK... I'll be happy to show you where you missed what I said... You missed the part where I said Dak is atrocious and that he doesn't have what it takes to get us anywhere. I guess you take that as I'm giving him excuses... Whatever floats your boat Bud..

Actually, your response was all over the map. In the first paragraph you are making excuses for young Qb's in general and state that Dak hasn't had an "offense to protect him". All of which is moot if your actual opinion is that he is "atrocious and doesn't have what i takes."

You are both making excuses for him and dismissing him all in the same response. Pick one.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Funny....where was this leadership problem during the five game winning streak?

How did the Cowboys sweep the Eagles and upset the Saints without any leaders?

Dallas nailed it in 2005 when they drafted DeMarcus Ware over Merriman. Ware's headed to the Hall of Fame while Merriman gets famous for such in-depth analysis like this.

aaev84

Reaction score
the 2nd most wins since 2016 is not doing a very good job... yeaaaaaaaah ok guy guy
Zeke has more wins than Dak, and he without a doubt carries the cowboys more. Leading rusher in the NFL. Where is Dak exactly? Scoring defense in regards to points allowed is ranked high for Dallas too. Where exactly is the Cowboys passing offense again?

Cydios

Reaction score
Zeke has more wins than Dak, and he without a doubt carries the cowboys more. Leading rusher in the NFL. Where is Dak exactly? Scoring defense in regards to points allowed is ranked high for Dallas too. Where exactly is the Cowboys passing offense again?

We just need one player 5 points higher in the madden score.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Shawne Merriman explain why Cowboys fall to Colts. um because we didn't put up 24 points?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its funny.....so on the 5 game win streak was the leadership good lol? Or was it bad and we just overcame poor leadership?

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Actually, your response was all over the map. In the first paragraph you are making excuses for young Qb's in general and state that Dak hasn't had an "offense to protect him". All of which is moot if your actual opinion is that he is "atrocious and doesn't have what i takes."

You are both making excuses for him and dismissing him all in the same response. Pick one.

Why pick one? .Dak's play is atrocious and our O'line isn't helping matters because they can't protect him either... If you consider both of those excuses, that's on you.