Shawne Merriman explain why Cowboys fall to Colts

DEMFAN

Reaction score
I'm defending Dez? Dez wasn't leading. He was pouting most of the time.
No but you suggested tapping and motivating in a Suttle way not efficient right? Which suggest a more harsh tone. Maybe he should pull out a glock and bust a couple rounds in the air and be like YOOOOOOO LETS GET ITTT!!!??

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, in my view of the world, playoff wins is a very dumb way to judge a 3rd year QB.

In my view of world, judgements devoid of any context or actual memory of that time in the NFL is pretty dumb as well. Anyone who remembers Peytons early years and actually watched him play knows the Colts offense wasn't the problem. They were near top of the league in scoring offense. Dak isn't in the same ballpark as Manning in regard to any aspect of the QB position and that was pretty clear even before anyone won a playoff game................let alone posting a donut on the score board with a division title on the line.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but you suggested tapping and motivating in a Suttle way not efficient right? Which suggest a more harsh tone. Maybe he should pull out a glock and bust a couple rounds in the air and be like YOOOOOOO LETS GET ITTT!!!??

You can't lead if your not doing your own job. Thats Dak's problem. He can try but it doesn't have the same effect as someone with actual credibility. Aikman didn't start getting into people's faces and challenging them to play better until he had a few rings. I'm certainly not expecting much of Dak in regard to EFFECTIVE motivational leadership.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He’s a idiot. He’s proven that throughout both careers he’s had. So Dak and DeMarcus Lawrence don’t do this? Or Sean Lee? Look for something else to cling to.

I mean, the guy played in the NFL at a very high level for a few seasons and was a ferocious player and defender. I'm gonna side with he's probably forgotten more about playing in the NFL than you'll ever know.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He's absolutely correct. Dak can't motivate others or inspire when he's not very good at his own job.

I said it before but I see a lot of parallels between Bradie James and Dak Prescott. Both guys sound great behind a mic and provide inspirational sound bites but neither guy brings/brought it on the field consistently. I think Dak has a little more cache than Bradie but you get the point.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Dez was the last true leader of the cowboys team.

While I was suspect of your post when you started by saying Merriman is an idiot. But this bolded in the reply sold me on the fact you just don't get it.

Dez was never a leader.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Hard to get in people's faces and have them follow and listen when you're one of the weak links of the offense. It holds no water. I don't blame him, its just what it is.