Shazam! Movie

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno, I always thought the trailer was supposed to make me want to watch the movie. Think they saved the best parts for the actual movie?

Likely a lot of it. A lesson learned after they gave the entire Batman v Superman movie away in those trailers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dunno, I always thought the trailer was supposed to make me want to watch the movie. Think they saved the best parts for the actual movie?
For the sake of Ben Grimm's clean pajamas, I truly hope so.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
My first reaction when I read that was "OMG! They made ANOTHER one??????" :laugh:Yes. It is the one from the 80's. The only other thing done with the character since then was the post credits scene at the end of the first Guardians of the Galaxy film, which, to borrow one of @stasheroo 's phrases, left me feeling very underwhelmed from an otherwise very good overall movie experience. I have read Howard made a cameo in the second Guardians movie but I must have found it completely forgettable or my mind totally blocked it from my perception. And that is after watching the sequel multiple times. :muttley:
I don't remember seeing him in the sequel either. Maybe he was way in background somewhere, doing a Where's Waldo. Honestly, if I never see him again, I can live with that.

:popcorn:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's next, a talking rabbit...I mean raccoon?
I think Rocket works for several reasons. He looks like an ordinary raccoon. His humor is not over-the-top. And Bradley Cooper's voiceover does not grate on the nerves.

I believe Howard's cartoonish character would work best with the framework of a cartoon. CGI 'upgraded' his look from the 1980''s to the 2010's but he still seems out of wack to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Rocket works for several reasons. He looks like an ordinary raccoon. His humor is not over-the-top. And Bradley Cooper's voiceover does not grate on the nerves.

I believe Howard's cartoonish character would work best with the framework of a cartoon. CGI 'upgraded' his look from the 1980''s to the 2010's but he still seems out of wack to me.
I agree. When I first saw Rocket a few years ago, in the trailer for GotG, I thought, "What a stupid idea. How could anyone possibly not see how ridiculous that is?" But he's an integral part of the group dynamic, and hilarious.

I would be interested in a little more backstory on who created him and why.

nobody

Reaction score
I agree. When I first saw Rocket a few years ago, in the trailer for GotG, I thought, "What a stupid idea. How could anyone possibly not see how ridiculous that is?" But he's an integral part of the group dynamic, and hilarious.

In the comics originally, he was an alien from a race that looked like raccoons. I'm not sure what the modern origin is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://www.marvel.com/characters/rocket/in-comics

I am not as familiar with the current group of Guardians as I am with the group that preceded them (I stopped collecting titles full-time before Marvel re-invented the team), so I googled Rocket. Looks like Marvel/Disney modified Rocket's origin story somewhat. He discovered why he was created but did so before he joined the Guardians.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://www.marvel.com/characters/rocket/in-comics

I am not as familiar with the current group of Guardians as I am with the group that preceded them (I stopped collecting titles full-time before Marvel re-invented the team), so I googled Rocket. Looks like Marvel/Disney modified Rocket's origin story somewhat. He discovered why he was created but did so before he joined the Guardians.
Well that was interesting! Thanks!

Juggernaut

Reaction score
What's next, a talking rabbit...I mean raccoon?

In the comics originally, he was an alien from a race that looked like raccoons. I'm not sure what the modern origin is.

:muttley:

cml750

Reaction score
I will steer clear of this one. The previews looked absolutely terrible. Add that to the trash DC has put out(not counting WW) and it leads me to say no thanks.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Worst movie i've seen in quite sometime. I knew it would be bad from the trailers, but this sets another level.