Shefter reported Parcells WILL be going after sum of our unrestricted free agents

lockster

Reaction score
Joe a Cowboys fan;1851517 said:
To be honest geting Marion resigned was a much bigger deal to me than Ireland.
As for these guys:
Ireland. enh
Garrett Rudy must stay!
Crayton I am ambivalent here but T-Glenn is a problem and T-O is our best WR this year.
Adams - When does what Flo makes and how many more years we will pay it come into play. I really don't know.
Jones - Stay with at least a qualifying offer appropriate to a second rounder.
Hamlin - Stay, he is geting better at FS which is a position I was very worried about at the start of the season.

Ireland - No way! Absolutely not! Never!
Garrett - I sure hope not
Hamlin - Next priority!
Adams - Depends on the money and terms. Would be nice.
Crayton- Same as above
Jones - Good for us that he leaves. We need to find another rb anyway.
Parcells ruined this guy anyway. Not the same since rookie season.

johnnyd

Reaction score
I gotta think losing Ireland would be huge. I would think that he and all the scouts that work for him/us have just spent the full college season studying players from all over the country, And now that we are in the heart of bowl season they are probably busier than ever doing more research.

Now im not sure if the rules are the same as with coaches but if a team like Miami was interested in Irleland and they couldn't talk to him until after we are knocked out of the playoffs then we are possibly talking feb 4th then that would leave us 2-3 weeks before the combine to replace him and all the scouts he brings with him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
johnnyd;1853721 said:
I gotta think losing Ireland would be huge. I would think that he and all the scouts that work for him/us have just spent the full college season studying players from all over the country, And now that we are in the heart of bowl season they are probably busier than ever doing more research.

Now im not sure if the rules are the same as with coaches but if a team like Miami was interested in Irleland and they couldn't talk to him until after we are knocked out of the playoffs then we are possibly talking feb 4th then that would leave us 2-3 weeks before the combine to replace him and all the scouts he brings with him.

From the way I understand it, Tom ciskowski is in charge of college scouting basically and Ireland spends alot of time on pro talent as well as college talent.

Reaction score
Nors;1850271 said:
No you are wrong on that. Parcells is VP of football operations. He nicely shielded it tho he could later have a GM that had "final" say on football decisions. That would be a promotion to Ireland. He is not GM here and likely never will be in JJ's lifetime or his sons.

I agree with you about JJ's lifetime. However I remember an interview or an article about his son that would take over and he said he would definitely hire a GM. That was one of the things he sadi he would do different from his father.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1849630 said:
So when Schefter goes in NFLN and says "I have learned Bill Parcells wants Jeff Ireland to be his GM" he's just speculating and we should believe you? It might not happen but i know one thing, Schefter know a million times more than you do about whats going on behind the scenes in the NFL.

Wise up. The nature of Adam's business is to speculate promiscuously in order to raise an eyebrow.He is not juidged on each speculation only on the odd ones that work out.

Ireland is not a Parcells guy. Garrett is not a Parcells guy.

Try Scott Pioli as GM and..... Dan Henning, Al Groh, Charlie Weis, and anybody from Belechik's staff Parcell's guys all.

Want players... start with Vinnie, Abrams, and hey there must be a linebacker who's dad played for Parcells. Err...Carpenter.

Forget Ireland they're just yanking our chain on that one Ireland fought Parcells on draft decisions regularly. Why wouild he work under and subserviant to, the guy who insisted on the Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman debacle --so he can be called GM instead of V.P. of player Personnel and be disrespected around the league as Parcell's caddy ---not.

Angus

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin;1849730 said:
How bad does Parcells want Ireland?

And we can give him the RB/DT he got us instead of S. Jackson, and we can replace that mess with McFadden :bow:

I hope not as badly as Jones wants to keep him.

:)

Angus

Reaction score
nathanlt;1850274 said:
That's the ultimate question, Parcells wants Ireland, and the Cowboys obviously want McFadden. It makes you wonder what package deal can be worked out (we know Parcells loves to trade down, and goes for a 2 RB system) and the roster is stacked with "his guys"

In the short term, McFadden is better than Ireland, but in the long run, keeping Ireland will be better for this team. Tough call. I wonder what the trade would have to be?

What is McFadden? An unproven player in the NFL who may or may not be worth a very high draft pick and pig-in-the-poke extremely high signing bonus.

What is Ireland? A proven Vice President for scouting who has guided Jerry Jones to make good draft choices to get excellent players and who can continue to do that years to come.

Yes. Tough call?

:rolleyes: