Shefter reported Parcells WILL be going after sum of our unrestricted free agents

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
How bad does Parcells want Ireland?

And we can give him the RB/DT he got us instead of S. Jackson, and we can replace that mess with McFadden :bow:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1849578 said:
I don't think Parcells even liked Crayton that much. He always complained about him losing focus. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if we lost him, though.

I don't recall Parcells ever saying anything like that about Crayton. I do remember him saying that the game isn't too big for him (when he was a rookie). He also spoke well about his hands several times.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Parcells is the GM. If he tries to get Ireland, it would be a lateral move. And only money or personal preference can cause such a thing to happen.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1850253 said:
Parcells is the GM. If he tries to get Ireland, it would be a lateral move. And only money or personal preference can cause such a thing to happen.

No you are wrong on that. Parcells is VP of football operations. He nicely shielded it tho he could later have a GM that had "final" say on football decisions. That would be a promotion to Ireland. He is not GM here and likely never will be in JJ's lifetime or his sons.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Michael88Irvin;1849730 said:
How bad does Parcells want Ireland?

And we can give him the RB/DT he got us instead of S. Jackson, and we can replace that mess with McFadden :bow:

That's the ultimate question, Parcells wants Ireland, and the Cowboys obviously want McFadden. It makes you wonder what package deal can be worked out (we know Parcells loves to trade down, and goes for a 2 RB system) and the roster is stacked with "his guys"

In the short term, McFadden is better than Ireland, but in the long run, keeping Ireland will be better for this team. Tough call. I wonder what the trade would have to be?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells is going to steal MB3 in any trade involving The McFaddon. I hope JJ is not the old JJ.

The Jersey Con man

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1850222 said:
I don't recall Parcells ever saying anything like that about Crayton. I do remember him saying that the game isn't too big for him (when he was a rookie). He also spoke well about his hands several times.

Parcells said that Crayton is a player who constantly needs to practice

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
Do you think anyone knows what Parcells is going to do yet? The guy just signed on the dotted line a couple of days ago. This is all speculation. Reporters are just taking names of people and players he's had in the past and saying "Ah yes, Bill is interested in that guy."

EGTuna

Reaction score
2 #1s, and Bobby Carpenter for the overall #1 and take McFadden.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
eduncan22;1849608 said:
No one is perfect.

that would seem to include reeves tonight while henry got another INT.

why do you hate henry? did he steal your girlfriend? whiz on your post toasties? cut you off in traffic? i can understand thinking someone can't play but when they show otherwise, i can't understand people not seeing it.

unless it's personal.

so what did henry do to you man?

1. remove a family member off life support against your wishes?
2. steal your car and go joy riding to get it painted pink upon return?
3. somehow took over the lead role in the 4th grade xmas pageant and took the role of rudolph from you?
4. asked your mother out and she said yes and you miss your real father?
5. forced you at gunpoint to wear lingere on harry hines at 3am?

what?

you're so far past the realm of reason you're just...taking it personal. why would ANY cowboy fan root against a cowboy player like you do?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
EGTuna;1851116 said:
2 #1s, and Bobby Carpenter for the overall #1 and take McFadden.

i can see you failed math in pre-school.

our 2 1's come up to 1300-1400. overall #1 is 3000.

do you feel carpenter is worth 1600+ points in production? if not, why will someone who does this for a living?

KILL MADDEN!

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
anyone can go after unrestricted FA's. why is this a story?

EGTuna

Reaction score
iceberg;1851144 said:
i can see you failed math in pre-school.

our 2 1's come up to 1300-1400. overall #1 is 3000.

do you feel carpenter is worth 1600+ points in production? if not, why will someone who does this for a living?

KILL MADDEN!

My bad. You're right. I've had too many sierra nevada's tonight. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas and Miami make a draft day deal, but I would be leary of Parcells ripping of Jones. Either way, it will be interesting no doubt.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
EGTuna;1851228 said:
My bad. You're right. I've had too many sierra nevada's tonight. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas and Miami make a draft day deal, but I would be leary of Parcells ripping of Jones. Either way, it will be interesting no doubt.

heh - sorry for my "tear" - just a common scenario that seems to come up a lot. my choice was tequila and heniken tonight. : )

we won. we're 13-2 w/1 game left to go agains the skins.

we got a lot of things going in our favor and having a great season. i wish we'd (as a group) spend at least as much time on the good as what we need to fix.

like finding a return man and telling crayton he was voted off the return man island.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;1849578 said:
I don't think Parcells even liked Crayton that much. He always complained about him losing focus. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if we lost him, though.

Agree on both counts.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1851268 said:
Agree on both counts.

I like crayton, I think he fits the team well and he has been hand in hand with romo since he got here.

I would like to think they will really try and keep him. i would think glenn wont be back and we will draft a wr, so i would really like to keep crayton.

and yea, there was something about crayton that parcells didnt like early on, he benched him for like a month after he threw that wr reverse pass interception in september of 04. Dedric ward was playing in his place!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
cowboy4life;1849593 said:
I wonder if anyone will remind Bill Parcells of his and Belichek's rule of not raiding each other's teams. He gave Sean Payton a hard time about trying to steal Keith Davis from Dallas so we'll see if he sticks to his own rules.

The reason is because Payton went out and offered Davis a contract without talking to Parcells. Parcells just wanted Payton to ask him if Dallas was looking to keep him or let him go. He got mad because all it did was cost Dallas extra cash- they were planning on keeping him the whole time.

I think Parcells will do the same. He will bring back some of his guys, but he's not going to be a backstabber to us and try to rape us. Him and Jerry still have a good relationship so I think things will be civil, and a few Cowboys will be playing in Miami next year.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
iceberg;1851129 said:
that would seem to include reeves tonight while henry got another INT.

why do you hate henry? did he steal your girlfriend? whiz on your post toasties? cut you off in traffic? i can understand thinking someone can't play but when they show otherwise, i can't understand people not seeing it.

unless it's personal.

so what did henry do to you man?

1. remove a family member off life support against your wishes?
2. steal your car and go joy riding to get it painted pink upon return?
3. somehow took over the lead role in the 4th grade xmas pageant and took the role of rudolph from you?
4. asked your mother out and she said yes and you miss your real father?
5. forced you at gunpoint to wear lingere on harry hines at 3am?

what?

you're so far past the realm of reason you're just...taking it personal. why would ANY cowboy fan root against a cowboy player like you do?

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
A hundred years from now, none of us will give a damn.