Shefter reported Parcells WILL be going after sum of our unrestricted free agents

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Juke99;1849603 said:
Don't count on it.

I've seen the Parcells show since he was with the Giants. He'll do whatever he feels serves his best interests.

Yep, he will serve his needs first thats for sure :eek:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31;1849573 said:
the main person he named was Crayton. I think that would be pretty ****ty of Parcells. Anyone else worried about this offseason? I hope we get to keep everyone

I knew Tuna would try to screw us over, so much for the "code".

I guess this is his way of getting back at Jerry for forcing TO on him.

:mad:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31;1849580 said:
He also said he would pursue Jeff Ireland

Wasnt it reported on NFLN that Ireland moving from Dallas to Miami would be considered a lateral move?

Jerry can deny permission or work out some compensation to release Ireland from his contract.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ethiostar;1849598 said:
Shefter was just speculating just like we have been on this board since BP got hired in Miami.

Any body else thinks he is going after Julius Jones after the season ;)

Why, is Parcells blind now?:confused:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nors;1850271 said:
No you are wrong on that. Parcells is VP of football operations. He nicely shielded it tho he could later have a GM that had "final" say on football decisions. That would be a promotion to Ireland. He is not GM here and likely never will be in JJ's lifetime or his sons.

AS said on NFLN that it would be a lateral move and Jerry could deny permission.

I am sure compensation would be worked out if Ireland wants to leave. Jerry is not going to force Ireland to stay if he really wants to leave.

The writing is already starting to appear on the wall, there will be some sort of package trade between Dallas and Miami with picks/compensation that will give Dallas the #1 overall. Jerry is going to sell his soul for McFadden.

My .02

Chuck 54

Reaction score
the main person he named was Crayton. I think that would be pretty ****ty of Parcells. Anyone else worried about this offseason? I hope we get to keep everyone

Who cares....most of these guys didn't like playing for Parcells by all reports. Unless Miami overpays for them, why would they go sign up for more unhappiness. We're not going to resign all of our UFA's anyway...when they get offerred more money than we think they're worth, we'll let them walk and find someone else to take their places.

We have a pretty deep team, two #1 picks, a good coaching staff, and plenty of room under the cap...we'll keep anyone we really want to keep.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Everyone needs to remeber that players, coaches, and Ireland have to WANT to leave. I don't think many will be interested in leaving a 14-2/13-3 team on the cusp of superbowl victories that is moving into the greatest stadium in the world next year to go to a 1-15 team that will be 3-4 years away from competing for anything. Also, I can recall reading about numerous times where Parcells and Ireland did not agree on who to draft and had heated arguements. I'm not soo sure he will want to go to Miami, not to mention if he doesn't have total control as the GM then it is not a promotion and JJ can deny permission. Does anyone really think its not Parcells who will have final say on all football related decisions?

cml750

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1852352 said:
Does anyone really think its not Parcells who will have final say on all football related decisions?

BP will have TOTAL control no matter what his title is. I would not be surprised if he is not coaching the team within 2 years. He will make ALL the personnel decisions.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I love reading this thread and all the posters saying they wouldn't miss Crayton.

If you are so anxious to get rid of our number 2 receiver I hope you have an idea of how to improve that position. You can shout Hurd and Austin all you want, but by the time Crayton was in his second year he was already more accomplished than either of those guys in the same role.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

That's humorous. Crayton was one of the first players to condemn the Tuna. Why would Crayton play on ANY team that had Parcells lurking in the background?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg;1851614 said:
of course not - it goes against your aganda.

my ignore list grows again.

print out that post and reread it 10 times.

Merry xmas

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1851433 said:
Second thread (just that I've seen) where people are saying Ireland will "never" be GM here... Stephen has said he's not going to be like his dad and will hire someone to run the football side. That means a GM. And Jerry is 65 or 66 now. Is it really that hard to connect the dots here?

And anyone that thinks Parcells is going to sit back and let his GM do whatever he pleases without TONS of "assistance" is crazy.

...at the old DMN, but it was also stated by Stephen that he was interested in running the organization in a different way. He was very clear that his father and his personalities were not the same.

That being said if Ireland is interested in a career move I don't think Dallas can hold him down. You have to make employees happy.

Also, if this team does garner success for Jerry you need to consider some type of succession plan for the future. The future is really some year away. Jerry is going to want to enjoy the benefits of running this team in the new stadium.

If he has liquidated all of his real estate holdings to secure the construction bond for the building he's going to enjoy some time at the helm in the new stadium.

This points to Ireland leaving if he Parcells offers him a nice opportunity and he wants it.

Jerry and Stephen will have to consider another person to lead the draft and we will see what shakes out in compensation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;1849578 said:
I don't think Parcells even liked Crayton that much. He always complained about him losing focus. I wouldn't be too terribly upset if we lost him, though.

Parcells complained about every player on the team.

One thing about Crayton though he used to rave about how great his hands were and if he went to Miami he is already one of their best if not their best receiver.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think we should deal as much excess as we can.

Jones is going to be a free agent but he isn't going to land in Miami. He doesn't like Parcells. So it seems unlikely that this will happen.

But if we could trade Roy Williams or Keith Davis to Miami I would be up for that. As well as trading Patrick Crayton, and drafting a receiver to replace him. I would also be willing to trade Ferguson since Ratliff has panned out.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Can someone please fix the typo in the thread name, it's really getting on my nerves. :)

burmafrd

Reaction score
In One Hundred years we are all feeding the worms.

The CODE is between BP and his coaching tree- as long as none of his guys are coaching Dallas then the raid can be done.

BP will only be at Miami for 3-4 years then whoever he picks as GM will have full control. How long would Ireland have to wait here- if he even got a shot?