Sheldon Richardson for a 4th (speculation)?

waldoputty

Reaction score
He's very talented, I've never argued that. But he's not producing up to that level of talent anymore. Especially not in 2016. BTW he played 3/4 of his snaps in his familiar DT/DE roles based on the defense they were running at the time.

really, i thought he mostly played at lb?
i remember reading he was really bothered by all the different roles...
i guess i can go google it since i have not read it for weeks.
my recollection is that they had too much talent on the DL
so richardson was essentially sacrificed.

i think the difference is i think his drop off can be explained by the jets.
they completely bungled up the QB situation.
furthermore it is not only richardson and the QB but wilkerson who should have been happy getting a 80 million dollar contract...

now the drop off may affect him permanently so there is a risk there.
furthermore, a probowler dl in his physical prime would be worth at least a 1st round pick in my view.

but he is not a probowler and there is a character risk so that explains the discount in draft pick.

waldoputty

Reaction score
2015 season: To make matters worse, Richardson spent much of the last half of the season playing out of position trying to replace the released Quinton Coplesat outside linebacker. It was, for the most part, a season to forget for Richardson.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
2015 season: To make matters worse, Richardson spent much of the last half of the season playing out of position trying to replace the released Quinton Coplesat outside linebacker. It was, for the most part, a season to forget for Richardson.
Yet his production was even worse in 2016. It's not like outside linebacker isnt a pass rush role for the Jets. He was sometimes playing OLB as a pass rusher in a 3-4. When the team went 4-3 then he was on the line. You can't just say "Jets" as if it absolves him of responsibility to do his job and play well.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Yet his production was even worse in 2016. It's not like outside linebacker isnt a pass rush role for the Jets. He was sometimes playing OLB as a pass rusher in a 3-4. When the team went 4-3 then he was on the line. You can't just say "Jets" as if it absolves him of responsibility to do his job and play well.

no one is absolving him of responsibility.
if he is absolved, you are not getting some with that talent for a 4th or 3rd or 2nd round pick.

Pants

Reaction score
Negatives
1) hate the terms "daddy" and/or "war daddy".....can't get past it, it sounds STUPID (something like you may here at a brothel)
2) he is too expensive for a 4th round pick with his current salary
3) I think we are "good" with our DT's at the moment

Positives
1) I am POSITIVE that I hate the term "war daddy"
2) it would be a 1-year rental and he has some motivation as it would be a contract year; a 6th round pick this year OR a conditional 4th next year (as we will have 4 extra picks next year conceivably)
3) if they were to add him at DT, then they need to finish the job and get some outside help in the draft (and hope to hit on Tapper)