Shocking stat heard today

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Naw Denver had multiple bad hires. Nathaniel Hackett was a disaster , i believe he lasted less than a year . Payton is cleaning up a mess made before he came to Denver . Starting a rookie QB will be interesting .
It was less of a mess than when he got there. Has gotten worse.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Or maybe it was that MM had 2 years left on his contract, and coming off back to back 12 win season, making the playoffs 3 years a row. And with a team that was poised to make a deep playoff run.

Why would any owner fire a coach, for Sean, who has not done a thing in what 10 years or more.
Shhh, you're going to ruin the "crap on Jerry" party. Everything is always Jerry's fault. Always.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when you have been running things for thirty years your way, you deserve all the blame
So the players on the field have nothing to do with it?
When they have the talent but do not execute the plays. Jerry did not throw the picks in the GB game. He was not out there on defense to stop GB from scoring pretty much at will.

Oh, but he approved the contracts. All his fault. :facepalm:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Was was watching Denver vs Cards pre season a little bit today see how Zach Wilson was doing after his exodus from Gotham , he played lights out . The broadcast throws out this stat.

In the history of the NFL the top three coaches for points per game are .

1. Sean Payton
2. Mike McCarthy
3. Bruce Arians

I guess when you figure Aaron Rogers at QB plus Dak just feasts on this weak NFCE yeah McCarthy teams put up the points . I’ve been critical of the hire from the beginning. It got me to thinking how would Sean Payton have done as HC Dallas. The Broncos are starting a rookie QB in a KC Chief division . Good luck .
As great as these coaches are or were with hall of fame QBs, each of these QBs have 1 more SB win than Dak.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
when you have been running things for thirty years your way, you deserve all the blame
Blame for things that never even happened? Payton was never offered a HC job. Originally we had Parcells rebuilding the team and then McCarthy has honestly been a pretty good coach overall since he got here. Payton hasn't done anything in Denver that makes me think that he would do better here than what we currently have. But again, everyone wants what they want and when they don't get it just go ahead and blame Jerry for not running the team the way you want it.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
That is interesting. I would be curious what the stats were for McCarthy lead teams as far as regular season vs post season. I would want to know if there is a pattern of high scoring in the regular season then low scoring in the post season.
I don't have the time to do the math, but after a quick review, no McCarthy led team had scored less than 20 points in the playoffs prior to 2021 dating back to 2006. It's happened twice since he's been in Dallas.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
In what way? In Payton’s first season, they won the most games since 2016 and scored the most points since 2014. This offseason he’s been getting rid of the cap-rotting contracts like Wilson, Simmons, Jeudy and drafted a guy who already looks to be a pretty good QB prospect.

What part is making it worse than it was before?

kskboys

Reaction score
In what way? In Payton’s first season, they won the most games since 2016 and scored the most points since 2014. This offseason he’s been getting rid of the cap-rotting contracts like Wilson, Simmons, Jeudy and drafted a guy who already looks to be a pretty good QB prospect.

Funky how people don't comprehend that you have to make it worse to get better. Jerry.........................

RonWashington

Reaction score
Or maybe it was that MM had 2 years left on his contract, and coming off back to back 12 win season, making the playoffs 3 years a row. And with a team that was poised to make a deep playoff run.

Why would any owner fire a coach, for Sean, who has not done a thing in what 10 years or more.

Last MM SB appearance was 2011 , 13 yrs ago . I think Jerry needs to sit tight no talk let season unfold before extending either coach or QB

kskboys

Reaction score
When they have the talent but do not execute the plays. Jerry did not throw the picks in the GB game. He was not out there on defense to stop GB from scoring pretty much at will.

That is on the coaches and GM.

Jerry as the GM is responsible for building the team. It is all his fault, absolutely. That's the nature of the GM position. Honestly, do you know how business structure works?

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course. That's what happens as you're cleaning up.

Cleaning up a mess of a franchise generally takes 3-4 seasons. It can be speeded up by wise trades.

Jimmy Johnson, for example. He took over the moribund Cowboys team in 1989. Took them until 91 to make the playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The whole narrative was Denver was a good team but needed better coaching. It was never suppose to be a rebuild. It became one when he couldn’t do anything with them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course. That's what happens as you're cleaning up.

Cleaning up a mess of a franchise generally takes 3-4 seasons. It can be speeded up by wise trades.

Jimmy Johnson, for example. He took over the moribund Cowboys team in 1989. Took them until 91 to make the playoffs.
Yeah but Payton wasn’t suppose be cleaning up a mess he was suppose to be the missing link. Especially the offense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is on the coaches and GM.

Jerry as the GM is responsible for building the team. It is all his fault, absolutely. That's the nature of the GM position. Honestly, do you know how business structure works?
I know exactly how they work.

gtb1943

Reaction score

He approved all the coaches and players and contracts; he said it himself. Again and again.
jethro minions always trying to come up with some kind of excuse
THE BUCK HAS STOPPED WITH JETHRO FOR THIRTY YEARS