Should cowboys go after Mitch Trubisky if Dak leaves

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mean.. We could’ve signed Brady to a 2 year deal last offseason but we’re too smart of a franchise to take a risk like that.

Dak had just under 1700 yards passing and 9 TD passes after the first five games this season and you think Tom Brady would have been even better and would’ve been able to overcome our defense? Get real!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Tua hate is beyond stupid right now.

He had 11 TD's and 5 picks with a 6-3 record his rookie year after having a horrible injury that most thought would keep him out a season.

Championship caliber QB's don't grow on trees.. That's why you pay the guys who are difference makers and let the Dak's take a hike if they want money like they are difference making players.

I’m not hating on Tua but the jury is out on him. He was benched in a close game and Ryan Fitzpatrick took over and led Miami to the win. You would be done with him after his rookie contract if he doesn’t win a ring. There was a report that Miami is willing to trade him and a draft pick to Houston for Watson. If true then they must not be that high on him. You have to give a QB a chance to win a championship and moving on from them after their rookie contract while they’re still developing into a great player isn’t giving them a chance. Dak is a difference maker but we don’t have a defense. Open your eyes!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
One of my best friends from my 4 yrs living in Chicago is a die hard. It is difficult to watch him suffer every week that guy is under center. Why would we do this

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One of my best friends from my 4 yrs living in Chicago is a die hard. It is difficult to watch him suffer every week that guy is under center. Why would we do this

Because you have a bunch of idiots here who care more about what a QB is being paid than their performance. There’s fans on this board who would be fine with Trubisky as our QB if he’s being paid half what Dak is asking for. They’ll be fine with Andy Dalton if he would start for a team friendly deal. QBs look a lot better to fans on this board when it won’t take a lot of money to sign them. Andy Dalton is still being given props by some fans for his losing record this season and the egg he laid against the Giants in the season finale.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t be shocked if Carson Wentz’ name comes up here as a possible replacement for Dak if Philly moves on from him. The Dak haters would have a feasting frenzy over that. lol As long as he’ll play for cheap they’ll have no issue with him as our starter. Their eyes light up when there’s a cast off available.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak ain't leaving

Deal with it

When Dak finally signs the only way some are going to be able to deal with it is with professional help. Hopefully they’ll just throw in the towel and move on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is going to be another offseason with castoffs being mentioned to replace Dak. Won’t be long before Sam Darnold’s name comes up. Josh Rosen came up not long ago who was the biggest QB bust of the 2018 draft. He was so bad he only lasted two years in the league and some would rather have him than Dak for the right price.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
1983 says cmon Man!

Marino, Kelly, Elway, Blackledge, Obrien, Eason

:laugh: I was 4 years old, but yes that draft with the first 3 you mentioned did come to mind while writing but I didn't understand the draft back then.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I heard all year we’re loaded On talent so all we need is a quarterback who can throw at least 5 yards. No reason to pay Dak then when Mitch will do it for league minimum

We dem boyz

If they let Dak walk, we might as well tank the next 3-4 years until we find a QB as good as Dak. Then we we can wait out the next 3 years after we find him waiting for him to develop into a QB that can take us to a SB. By then we will have to resign him for 40 million and all the idiots that wanted to let Dak walk will tell us to let him walk.

Rinse and repeat.

Hardline

Reaction score
That's what you call jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

kskboys

Reaction score
What I want to know is how is there anyone left who doesn't know that Trubisky sucks? I mean, you'd have to be living under a rock to not know this.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
Idk what you saw this year that would make Mitch Trubisky seem like an option. I'd rather watch a full year of Dalton over that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I heard all year we’re loaded On talent so all we need is a quarterback who can throw at least 5 yards. No reason to pay Dak then when Mitch will do it for league minimum

We dem boyz
and what has mitch accomplished to deserve this kind of endorsement....he sucks. end of story. his career is now to travel from city to city, team to team, and be a back up, play when starter gets injured or be the transition to the next QB...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's shaky as a starter but as a backup, he might be ok.

He'd still have to beat out Garrett Gilbert, though!

I'm not, at all, confident that he could. ;)

Last edited: