Should cowboys go after Mitch Trubisky if Dak leaves

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well, if you listen to the anti-Dak crowd this is a Cowboys team loaded with so much talent they can not invest in the mediocre quarterback that has brought them down so much since 2016.

I mean, why invest in Prescott and his 106-40 touchdown to interception ratio when we can go get Trubisky dirt cheap and get the same level of play?

This is sarcasm, by the way. Unless Trubisky wants to be a backup to Dak, I would say no.

Wood

Reaction score
I heard all year we’re loaded On talent so all we need is a quarterback who can throw at least 5 yards. No reason to pay Dak then when Mitch will do it for league minimum

We dem boyz

No. He has critical flaws in his game. I wouldn't even bring him in to be back-up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, if you listen to the anti-Dak crowd this is a Cowboys team loaded with so much talent they can not invest in the mediocre quarterback that has brought them down so much since 2016.

I mean, why invest in Prescott and his 106-40 touchdown to interception ratio when we can go get Trubisky dirt cheap and get the same level of play?

This is sarcasm, by the way. Unless Trubisky wants to be a backup to Dak, I would say no.

I gotta tell ya, I don't agree with this. I mean, I kinda think that those who are against signing Dak, the "Anti Dak crowd", as you refer to, are really not against signing Dak. They are just against signing him to a record type deal and it's all because of they don't believe we have enough talent on this team and they see it as more important to maintain cap and acquire talent, as opposed to dole out another mega contract that assures you of not being able to bring in talent or keep the talent you develop. I really think that's more it then anything.

JMO

Phil413Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm still laughing about that draft pick. How embarrassing. The owner and GM tripping over themselves, pushing everyone aside to snatch him up like a 100 dollar bill in the middle of a mosh pit.

Classic case of folie a deux.
Lol

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If Dak did leave, which is very unlikely, would it be worth it to draft either Zach Wilson or Trey Lance at No. 10?

I don't know much about them, but just because they aren't No. 1 or No. 2 picks doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't be worth considering in that scenario. I mean, Mahomes was drafted at No. 10 and Ben Roethlisberger was taken at 11.

If for some reason Dak is no re-signed, this is the route I want to go. Draft the best rookie at 10 you can.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I don't agree with this. I mean, I kinda think that those who are against signing Dak, the "Anti Dak crowd", as you refer to, are really not against signing Dak. They are just against signing him to a record type deal and it's all because of they don't believe we have enough talent on this team and they see it as more important to maintain cap and acquire talent, as opposed to dole out another mega contract that assures you of not being able to bring in talent or keep the talent you develop. I really think that's more it then anything.

JMO

I agree with you and totally understand that part of the argument. But the quarterback position is the most difficult one to fill and once you find one you keep him. I believe strongly that Dak is that guy for the Cowboys.

Without a franchise QB it really doesn't matter how good the rest of your roster is. For example, without looking up the stats I think the Bears had a very good defense last year. But they only went 8-8 because of the QB play.

The problem in Dallas is; throughout the majority of both Dak and Tony Romo's careers, the Cowboys have had way below average defenses and coaching. And Prescott, like Romo before him, takes the blame.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with you and totally understand that part of the argument. But the quarterback position is the most difficult one to fill and once you find one you keep him. I believe strongly that Dak is that guy for the Cowboys.

Without a franchise QB it really doesn't matter how good the rest of your roster is. For example, without looking up the stats I think the Bears had a very good defense last year. But they only went 8-8 because of the QB play.

The problem in Dallas is; throughout the majority of both Dak and Tony Romo's careers, the Cowboys have had way below average defenses and coaching. And Prescott, like Romo before him, takes the blame.

I used to believe that but I'm getting away from that line of thought anymore. I don't think it has to be that way any longer.

The Bears, for example, their Defense was OK but it wasn't great.

The reason the Cowboys didn't have a great defense when Tony was here is because of his contract, among other things. He took up too much cap so it kinda was his fault. Same thing with Dak if/when he gets signed. So yeah, it is kind of their fault.

Shane612

Reaction score
I heard all year we’re loaded On talent so all we need is a quarterback who can throw at least 5 yards. No reason to pay Dak then when Mitch will do it for league minimum

We dem boyz
They're so talented that they couldn't win a division in which the winner won with a 7-9 record.
As far as what if Dak leaves, they should try hard to draft one of the top 5 QBs in the draft, but knowing Jerry Jones, he'll probably draft another DB or a WR....again.

Last edited:

bigE79

Reaction score

We dem boyz
If we're gonna sign a qb,at least sign one that keeps Dak on edge in case he screws up... there should always be competition,and qb is no different.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Mitch Trubisky is a big drop off from Andy Dalton. He'll get a backup job somewhere

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score

We dem boyz

Why don't he Cowboys go after an established winner

catiii

Reaction score

We dem boyz
Gonna be a lot of dem fans over the next 10 years mighty disappointed when Dallas don't win nuthin' with dat guy. But he might break some passing yardage records.