Should cowboys have traded a 3rd round pick for Wentz?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
What makes these Qbs unattractive is their contract...the one the same posters want to give to Dak. If anything, it shows don't give "good" the big deals, flip them beforehand or we'd be in the same situation a year down the road after signing Dak to a big deal.

Who could we trade him to to take on the contract to bail us out of our mistake? Both the Rams and Eagles had to, and we're in a rush to do so as well?

Dre11

Reaction score
Without even thinking hard, I can see 8
Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Murray, Mayfield.......

Plus, it sometimes means little if a player moves to another team. You can't tell me Watson is not a great starter, for example....so I include him

But as I said, let's see what happens in a year or two, Mayfield is borderline,Herbert looks the part, but it's 1 year, did we not just witness Wentz, we're not talking about what they look like after 1 or two years, it's whether they get that second contract. Most of the players they listed in 2009-2016 had a few years with their team, they were just released or traded before they got the second contract.

aria

Reaction score
Eli had two great runs and he has his defense to thank, the rest of Eli’s career was pretty dam average. Reverse the qb’s of the Giants and Cowboys, I’m thinking Romo would have fared much better with those two defenses than Eli would have fared with the Cowboys.
In 2008 the Giants defense gave up two whole less yards per game and almost ONE entire point less than the Cowboys. The Giants defense was ranked 2-3 spots higher than Dallas.

I’m thinking you’re delusional about your thoughts on how much better one defense was than the other.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
In 2008 the Giants defense gave up two whole less yards per game and almost ONE entire point less than the Cowboys. The Giants defense was ranked 2-3 spots higher than Dallas.

I’m thinking you’re delusional about your thoughts on how much better one defense was than the other.
Though I think Romo was better, it wasn't night and day. Eli used to light us up all the time where we'd match scores til the end of the game, etc.

But to your point, our D was pretty good that year; Ware racking up sacks, Rat, Spencer, decent secondary play with Newman and with Hamlin looking like a real S. That was our year and we choked at home so we do have to own that...hate hearing that Crayton excuse crap, we had all game to win it but choose to pin it on one incompletion; same with the Dez catch, we had 4 mins left in the game?

JBS

Reaction score
i must have no gray matter. I seen Eli put up when it mattered most. And Romo choke when it mattered most.
And he was absolutely awful the entire rest of his 16 year career..

Dre11

Reaction score
Though I think Romo was better, it wasn't night and day. Eli used to light us up all the time where we'd match scores til the end of the game, etc.

But to your point, our D was pretty good that year; Ware racking up sacks, Rat, Spencer, decent secondary play with Newman and with Hamlin looking like a real S. That was our year and we choked at home so we do have to own that...hate hearing that Crayton excuse crap, we had all game to win it but choose to pin it on one incompletion; same with the Dez catch, we had 4 mins left in the game?

And the defense and special teams were huge culprits in the lost.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He could have been a good 2nd string backup that could’ve have learned behind Dak on how to be a better quarterback if we can only franchise tag him this year.
Lol Carson Wentz please. Let him go anywhere but Dallas

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Serious question..

Would most GMs take Wentz over Dak still? I think so.
I think you would be wrong. Everybody knows Prescott is the better quarterback. And any GM that wouldbe Just goes to sure why they Don’t make the playoffs

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Eli had two great runs and he has his defense to thank, the rest of Eli’s career was pretty dam average. Reverse the qb’s of the Giants and Cowboys, I’m thinking Romo would have fared much better with those two defenses than Eli would have fared with the Cowboys.
Romo would be a Hall of Famer and the greatest quarterback in Cowboys history if he had Eli’s two Super Bowl run.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
And the defense and special teams were huge culprits in the lost.
Also letting off the gas when we had the game in the bag. Barber hit a wall (was gassed) after taking TOP over in the first half. We didn't finish them off and the D did get gashed. I was saying that D that season was our one of the better ones and wasn't Romo vs the world, etc.

aria

Reaction score
And he was absolutely awful the entire rest of his 16 year career..
2 Super Bowl MVP’s and beat arguably the best QB of all time twice in both Super Bowls. He also never missed a game due to injury, fragile glass boy Tony couldn’t even stay on the field for a lot of games.

Outside of Cowboys homers, Romo will always be known as a choke artist who couldn’t get it done when it mattered most, that is his legacy as player going all the way back to the Seattle playoff game.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
2 Super Bowl MVP’s and beat arguably the best QB of all time twice in both Super Bowls. He also never missed a game due to injury, fragile glass boy Tony couldn’t even stay on the field for a lot of games.

Outside of Cowboys homers, Romo will always be known as a choke artist who couldn’t get it done when it mattered most, that is his legacy as player going all the way back to the Seattle playoff game.
I'm a Romo fan but this narrative is very true; you mention his name anywhere outside of Cowboy fans you get laughs, the choke artist stuff, but also little hate for being so renowned for mainly just being the Cowboys QB compared to others who were actually winning the SBs; they have a bit of a point.

Seeing him on Monday night or primetime when our team wasn't always worthy comes into play too and can see them being jaded seeing their winning team just being forgotten while the media talks about Romo and the Cowboys all season only to see us not make the playoffs or be 1 and done.