Should Dallas be building to beat NO and TB

dckid

Reaction score
With Brees and Brady in the division, should Dallas be thinking of New Orleans and Tampa Bay as their biggest competition outside of the Division. So they will need a really strong defense to compete in the playoffs.
Good point.
Bill Walsh in 1984 said, we are only competing with 8 teams on a yearly basis, the other 20 are not even trying....
We are not one of those teams that is trying to win a SB. We are constantly building for next year.
Have we ever gone all in?
The two times we went all in were in 1992 when we traded for Haley & 1995 when we signed Prime Time.
Every year it's an excuse, when will fans realize Jerry does not care about winning a SB!!!! Why would he?
SB means nothing to a man who already has 3.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If you want to advance to the playoffs then you start there.
If you want to win SBs than you need to outscore teams like KC that have a ringer for a QB, and a defense that can slow it down.
The Dallas Cowboys have neither of those assets at the moment.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm thinking a good defense might be important regardless of the opponent ...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With Brees and Brady in the division, should Dallas be thinking of New Orleans and Tampa Bay as their biggest competition outside of the Division. So they will need a really strong defense to compete in the playoffs.

Dallas should build to beat any team they face.

Hadenough

Reaction score
They should be just trying to get better. As a fan I need to step back and temper my expectations knowing that Dak and Amari have been paid and there isnt that much salary cap to go around. They lost Byron, Quinn, Heath and Collins with the latter two being replaced. Unless this team nails this draft they will be a lesser talented team with Quinn and Byron gone.
McCarthy will help but he cant throw the ball for Dak and it appears with Wentz he has missed so much time that he will get much better if he stays healthy. He showed that by carrying the Eagles to victory over the Cowboys. Dak has yet to exhibit the ability to carry this team and even though he threw for 4900 yds he just wasnt able to get it going against the better teams.
For the OPs question right now the Cowboys need to find a way to beat the Eagles when Wentz is healthy. In my opinon Dallas must get stronger in the interior of the defensive line to get pressure up the middle. Im sick of hearing how they need pass rushing defensive ends.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They should be just trying to get better. As a fan I need to step back and temper my expectations knowing that Dak and Amari have been paid and there isnt that much salary cap to go around. They lost Byron, Quinn, Heath and Collins with the latter two being replaced. Unless this team nails this draft they will be a lesser talented team with Quinn and Byron gone.
McCarthy will help but he cant throw the ball for Dak and it appears with Wentz he has missed so much time that he will get much better if he stays healthy. He showed that by carrying the Eagles to victory over the Cowboys. Dak has yet to exhibit the ability to carry this team and even though he threw for 4900 yds he just wasnt able to get it going against the better teams.
For the OPs question right now the Cowboys need to find a way to beat the Eagles when Wentz is healthy. In my opinon Dallas must get stronger in the interior of the defensive line to get pressure up the middle. Im sick of hearing how they need pass rushing defensive ends.

Cowboys is still above league avg in terms of available cap space with $24,142,327 even with the signing of Dak and Cooper.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is that a sentence in English? I have read it three times and still have no clue what you wrote.

maybe you need to focus?

it was finishing the quote I replied too, give up the grammar **** crap, we are not in college, SM has this type of structuring when quoting its more of

and extension of a thought??

He wrote "They have not played a game yet. They last time they went free agent crazy to improve their defense their defense sucked."
I wrote...
"as did the giants , and the offense ie dream TEAM EAGLES"

YOU CAN WIN THE PAPER FIGHT AND LOSE THE FIELD WAR..LOL

He basically meabt the eagles have looked good on paper many times in FA and i said as did the Giants and the Eagles alleged dream team and both didnt do anythig on the field with it..

you need me to hold your hand soem more and walk you through a Forum string thread? can you not keep up?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So winning 4 must win games in a row is now backing into the playoffs?

I was wondering if anyone caught that.
Because Garrett cost Dallas games, if they would have won a game, then you would not have been there. :lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone caught that.
Because Garrett cost Dallas games, if they would have won a game, then you would not have been there. :lmao:
they did do this in 2018 so all the looses on garett all the wins on the team? or was it all Dak? Pay the man 40..he does have a lot of important wins he claims are his I suppose but not garett, everyone keeps citing his W-L record for reason to sign him to big ridiculous money , yet Garret was fired because he didnt win enough..?:rolleyes:

which is it?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they did do this in 2018 so all the looses on garett all the wins on the team? or was it all Dak? Pay the man 40..he does have a lot of important wins he claims are his I suppose but not garett, everyone keeps citing his W-L record for reason to sign him to big ridiculous money , yet Garret was fired because he didnt win enough..?:rolleyes:

which is it?

Depends on one's narrative or agenda. Fans will always have their own take and reasons. Pro or con or in between.
One can look at it as Dak would have even a better win / loss record if he had a real coach and defense. Or they could look at it as Garrett would have a better record if Dak was better. However, if that was the case, then we would still have Garrett here. :eek:

I tend to be on the side, it was Dak making Garrett look better than he was. Garrett had a worse record with Romo at QB though many have him on a pedestal thinking he won all the time. When Dak got here, then Garrett's record improved. Garrett held this team back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Depends on one's narrative or agenda. Fans will always have their own take and reasons. Pro or con or in between.
One can look at it as Dak would have even a better win / loss record if he had a real coach and defense. Or they could look at it as Garrett would have a better record if Dak was better. However, if that was the case, then we would still have Garrett here. :eek:

I tend to be on the side, it was Dak making Garrett look better than he was. Garrett had a worse record with Romo at QB though many have him on a pedestal thinking he won all the time. When Dak got here, then Garrett's record improved. Garrett held this team back.
BUT somehow LC, ZEKE, AMARI, Jalen, and Tank got paid, Daks demanding huge money they all cite W-L as reasons, but that w-l record was not good enough for the HC but 40mil to a above average QB? smh Hypocrisy..I see 70% of the failures were players not executing game plans, making mistakes and not doing their jobs, yet they have their hand out and the coaches all got fired..LOL

I saw all the drop passes. missed tackles, off target throws, missed Fgs, and blocking woes..it is what it is but

GMO415

Reaction score
Brady is not a threat. He has twice the competition now. He won't make the playoffs and he'll be retired in 2021