Should Dallas just go ahead and tank?

CB61

Reaction score
This may be a hot take, but I'm being dead serious. Look at the way we have played against real contending teams. If we even do sniff the playoffs, who's to say we won't slip up and shoot ourselves in the foot again? This Dallas team has already been exposed through the defense (Teams that actually scheme, aka Playoff teams, know that all they have to do is run their RB through the middle or around our line). Playoff teams will pick us apart in the matter of seconds. Garrett will not scheme or game plan for any of these games. So what would be the point of it all? To go to the playoffs just to get blown out and exposed for the 20 gabillionth year in a row that we can't even make it to the NFC Championship with talented rosters throughout the years? Why get such a low first pick knowing darn well this team isn't capable of a Super Bowl? Why not just tank? JG will get fired and we get a higher draft pick. It's a win win situation. Thoughts?
Well it looks like that's what they are doing although it doesn't look like on purpose because they decide they want to try to play the last 20 minutes of the game LOL or they're making it look good? If they do I would draft a quarterback

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't tank, for several reasons.
1. The team needs more than one top draftee, and you'd waste a valuable year for players like T. Smith, and others, who've given their sweat and blood to try and win, and have little time left to stick around while the team re-builds, either due to age of advancing physical decline. Better to develop the players you have and pick and choose where to upgrade.
2. It's not fair to the players, I do think most of them want to win, even if their primary reason for playing is money, if you decide to tank they know they will have to deal with losing games, and if you care at all for your players you can't do that.
3. No guarantee who you need will be available in the draft, there might be a top junior quarterback or left tackle or safety or defensive tackle, and he might decide to stick around in college for another year, now you're got to tank another year or take a player that's not in your best interest or need.
4. On a personal note, I have no "give up" in me, it goes against my basic nature, hate to lose even if it's my sports team of choice.