Should Dallas not extend Zeke?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And after Murray left our running game was toward the bottom of the league. You do not let fire power like Zeke walk!

Its all about pricing and alternative. In theory if you are going to spend big and have a great line, then you shouldn't need a top 2 or 3 back to have a good run game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we keep Dak, and we will, the only way he's getting a Super Bowl is by having an elite defense. That's it. No matter the supporting cast around him on offense, maybe outside of offensive line.

Dak could have prime Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin and not get it done. Again, it's 100% about building an elite defense. We don't get that, we get no trophy.

I agree we should focus on an elite defense. Only way you are going to beat the Tom Brady and Mahones of the world.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
It's a tough call, and a rough deal for the player, but football is often a cutthroat business. And the current day running back is not a glamour position anymore. It's a chew you up and spit you out grind.

Certainly something to think about.

Also, his running style is not conducive to a long career in today's NFL.
The year they drafted him (which I loved the pick) I said that Dallas should run him into the ground for 5 years, then maybe franchise tag him for one more year, then let him walk.

Last edited:

Fire407

Reaction score
Definitely keep him at least another two years. The only thing that worries me is that teams like the Colts and the Rams figured out a way to shut him down. Of course if we could get a more wide open passing attack then defenses would have to back out of the box.