Should Dallas start Dak or Dalton now?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You're going to pay someone $31 million to sit on the bench? This is dumb
How about we play the best player and not the most expensive player. If Dalton outplays Dak in camp, I expect him to start. If Dak is the best player in camp, I expect him to start.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What had Garappolo done to spend 28.5 million 3 years ago? What has Cousins done to spend 33 million on? Or Wentz? Having won or even gotten to a SB is not the standard. That’s just the price it takes to have a good QB you think can get you there these days.
first of all my comment was to the OP that Dak will not sit because hes makig far to much money,,
.Secondly one could argue wentz set his team up to win a SB having a vote in the MVP race prior to inury and he was with his team at the SB, foles closed it but wentz was there, Yes a gamble on the JimmyG but once again hes been to a SB now as has Goff..

that leaves the mistake a team made on cousins but that doesnt mean Jerry has to make the same mistakes,its not the going price because theres 20 -22 qbs making under 28 now? Dak was offered top 5 money years were fair given MAHOMES 10 YEAR DEAL, and he turned it down..

what qb making more then 32 right now hasn't been to a sB?? i dont believe thee are any..Daks in that Tier and should have jumped all over that last pffer..his agent job maybe to get max money but not leave his client on a year to year deal..

so Dak played hardball and i rather pay him 345 for two year AAV on a FT until we see abit more..

once more i repeat the quote you used was to answer the OPs questions..Dak wil start, he far to expensive to sit, not sure what your replay to my quote meant..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
first of all my comment was to the OP that Dak will not sit because hes makig far to much money,,
.Secondly one could argue wentz set his team up to win a SB having a vote in the MVP race prior to inury and he was with his team at the SB, foles closed it but wentz was there, Yes a gamble on the JimmyG but once again hes been to a SB now as has Goff..

that leaves the mistake a team made on cousins but that doesnt mean Jerry has to make the same mistakes,its not the going price because theres 20 -22 qbs making under 28 now? Dak was offered top 5 money years were fair given MAHOMES 10 YEAR DEAL, and he turned it down..

what qb making more then 32 right now hasn't been to a sB?? i dont believe thee are any..Daks in that Tier and should have jumped all over that last pffer..his agent job maybe to get max money but not leave his client on a year to year deal..

so Dak played hardball and i rather pay him 345 for two year AAV on a FT until we see abit more..

once more i repeat the quote you used was to answer the OPs questions..Dak wil start, he far to expensive to sit, not sure what your replay to my quote meant..
My mistake for not backing up and reading the post you responded to, and therefore missing the context of your comment.

As for the rest, yes, you could argue that Wentz helped set up the Eagles for a playoff run, but Dak did the same with the Cowboys in 2016. We can't automatically give Wentz credit for the playoff run and the Super Bowl win though. Hell, Foles played out of his mind in the playoffs - 725 yards and 6 TD's in the NFC Championship and Super Bowl. It's not reasonable to simply assume Wentz would have done the same, and give him credit for it as if it were him that put up those numbers.

As for QBs making more than 32 that haven't been to a Super Bowl, Cousins is one, and I would argue Wentz as well since he didn't play at all in the Eagles SB run. And that number will continue to rise. You can expect Watson to get at least that much, and I would bet more than DAk was asking for. It's just the direction the position is going,

blueblood70

Reaction score
My mistake for not backing up and reading the post you responded to, and therefore missing the context of your comment.

As for the rest, yes, you could argue that Wentz helped set up the Eagles for a playoff run, but Dak did the same with the Cowboys in 2016. We can't automatically give Wentz credit for the playoff run and the Super Bowl win though. Hell, Foles played out of his mind in the playoffs - 725 yards and 6 TD's in the NFC Championship and Super Bowl. It's not reasonable to simply assume Wentz would have done the same, and give him credit for it as if it were him that put up those numbers.

As for QBs making more than 32 that haven't been to a Super Bowl, Cousins is one, and I would argue Wentz as well since he didn't play at all in the Eagles SB run. And that number will continue to rise. You can expect Watson to get at least that much, and I would bet more than DAk was asking for. It's just the direction the position is going,
i like Dak but for one constantly comparing him to cousins and Wentz is not beneficial and IMO Watson has slight edge on dak in talent..not stats or team wins but that gene or IT factor to never want to give up on a play..sure it turns into problems sometimes but Watson might be a mil or two better AAV because hes better..but that an IF until we see his deal

i sad currently , whats Cousins AAV this new deal? im betting hes not over 32 but IMO hes a cautionary tale on why NOT to pay Dak his demands..

I personally dont mind dak at 2 FT years at 34.5 as that at or below his actual AAV in new money because his rookie deal is played out..If he finds that next gear with MM then pay him more later..

it was good timing how this worked out with a new staff and Dak not locked ito a Cap number we cant get out of should MM feel Daks not the guy..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The odds of me spending a romantic weekend with Taylor Swift are higher than that happening.

I can only assume the Dalton fascination is a Texas thing because it certainly didn't come from watching him play for the Bengals.

It comes from saving 31.4mil in cap.
Dalton + 31.4mil + Dak trade value > Dak > Dalton

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes, and I think part of the problem is fans look at QBs like Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and think the Cowboys have to have a QB at that level. Ideally, that would be great, but the fact 3 of those guys were drafted 15-20 years ago emphasizes how rare they are. So, The question is, should a team risk never having continuity at the QB position by shuffling QBs for years until that find that rare guy, or should they build something with a QB who is still very good, even if he’s not at that level?
finding those caliber players are kin to finding needles in hay stakes. You are right.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes, and I think part of the problem is fans look at QBs like Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and think the Cowboys have to have a QB at that level. Ideally, that would be great, but the fact 3 of those guys were drafted 15-20 years ago emphasizes how rare they are. So, The question is, should a team risk never having continuity at the QB position by shuffling QBs for years until that find that rare guy, or should they build something with a QB who is still very good, even if he’s not at that level?
we need to try to retain dak period.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they have a true open competition in camp, Prescott will end up the 3rd QB.

Unless Thorson has improved.

With DiNucci and Dalton it's just going to come down to whether the Cowboys elect to go with talent or experience.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they have a true open competition in camp, Prescott will end up the 3rd QB.

Unless Thorson has improved.

With DiNucci and Dalton it's just going to come down to whether the Cowboys elect to go with talent or experience.

Dumbest post of the year, thus far.