Should Dallas start Dak or Dalton now?

csirl

Reaction score
Both QBs need to get extensive gametime so that the controlled experiment can be done - we need to know how much extra production (if any) Dak brings to the team.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Again I hear "I'm for the team not the player" as an excuse to get rid of Dak..... so I'll ask again, do you really think we have a better starting option right now than Dak? The only way Dak doesn't start games this year is if he is awful or you bench your FRANCHISE TAGGED QB.... you are literally rooting for the team to not put its best players on the field and telling yourself "its for the team". your going to pay him 31 million this year, best root for him to lead this team to the promise land as its been a while since that's happened. I swear some of you have drawn such a line in the sand with "A PLAYER" your not going to be able to enjoy it if "THE TEAM" actually does win. let that sink in your actually going to be upset if the team wins this year because of your personal feelings about a player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 years ago is when a lot of us saw the start of it. Admittedly, he does very well against crap teams, but when it comes to stout defenses and the big state he has been less than stellar.

Nothing wrong with being average to a bit above average, but you’re seeing now why the Cowboys FO and MM haven’t given in to his demands

Don’t take my word for it.....it’s happening right in front of you in real time
His demands? You mean to get a 4 year deal like Wentz and Goff. The fact the Cowboys wanted a 5 year deal doesn’t exactly support the idea they aren't high on him. All appearances are that it was about the desire to spread the cap hit over 5 years rather than 4.

Rayman70

Reaction score
How did Aikman do without Emmitt? Or maybe you think we can pick up a Pat Mahomes at Walmart?
YOU MAKE A GREAT POINT. QB's dont grow on tree's. At least the good ones. It can be difficult.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So take out your starting running back to prove a point.....yup sounds like your "for the Team".....who says that about the team they root for."hey lets make the QB play without players, That'll show those fans" WTH you cant be serious.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YOU MAKE A GREAT POINT. QB's dont grow on tree's. At least the good ones. It can be difficult.
Yes, and I think part of the problem is fans look at QBs like Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and think the Cowboys have to have a QB at that level. Ideally, that would be great, but the fact 3 of those guys were drafted 15-20 years ago emphasizes how rare they are. So, The question is, should a team risk never having continuity at the QB position by shuffling QBs for years until that find that rare guy, or should they build something with a QB who is still very good, even if he’s not at that level?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak is awful you pull him and put Dalton in that is why Dalton is here for injury or bad play backup.... nothing Dak has shown since he has been here says he will play bad though....you guys are acting like we are in rebuilding with a QB who was rated in the 50's last year.....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes, and I think part of the problem is fans look at QBs like Mahomes, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and think the Cowboys have to have a QB at that level. Ideally, that would be great, but the fact 3 of those guys were drafted 15-20 years ago emphasizes how rare they are. So, The question is, should a team risk never having continuity at the QB position by shuffling QBs for years until that find that rare guy, or should they build something with a QB who is still very good, even if he’s not at that level?

We have not seen Dak play with anyone other than Garrett, you may have a great QB on your hands under a real coach, if you dont then rebuild but he has earned the chance to show he can play at elite level under a good coach.... i mean you guys talk like he was horrible last year when every metric real football organizations use to judge QB's are screaming at you he isn't the problem.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

not saying you OmerV i was agreeing with you

Hadenough

Reaction score
How did Aikman do without Emmitt? Or maybe you think we can pick up a Pat Mahomes at Walmart?
Maybe I need to spell it out a little clearer for you! Dak aint nothing special that he cant be replaced! GOT IT!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If there is a season I’m not about to waste my time on the game chat watching idiots scream for Dalton all season. Whenever we lose a game the board is going to be flooded with threads to start Dalton.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does everyone think of Mahomes when replacing Dak. At this point Dalton could replace him and thats not saying Dalton is great its Dak aint nothing special!
That’s an opinion, which obviously you are entitled to. And just as obviously many feel differently. But my point is that I think what many Dak detractors get hung up on is that Dak isn’t at that truly elite level, and that is the standard they hold Dak to. And it’s not a realistic standard. Mahomes came into the NFL 3 years ago. The last before that that some might think of as elite is Russell Wilson, who came into the NFL 9 years ago. Then before that you have Rodgers, Brees and Brady who came into the league between 15 and 20 years ago. That’s a small number, and it takes going back 20 years to find when they arrived. It’s rare, so the best most teams can realistically achieve is one of the better QBs that lag behind that level, and build a solid enough team
that it still works.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no doubt Dak..hes done nothing to sit and waste 31.5 mil on..
What had Garappolo done to spend 28.5 million 3 years ago? What has Cousins done to spend 33 million on? Or Wentz? Having won or even gotten to a SB is not the standard. That’s just the price it takes to have a good QB you think can get you there these days.

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That’s an opinion, which obviously you are entitled to. And just as obviously many feel differently. But my point is that I think what many Dak detractors get hung up on is that Dak isn’t at that truly elite level, and that is the standard they hold Dak to. And it’s not a realistic standard. Mahomes came into the NFL 3 years ago. The last before that that some might think of as elite is Russell Wilson, who came into the NFL 9 years ago. Then before that you have Rodgers, Brees and Brady who came into the league between 15 and 20 years ago. That’s a small number, and it takes going back 20 years to find when they arrived. It’s rare, so the best most teams can realistically achieve is one of the better QBs that lag behind that level, and build a solid enough team
that it still works.

This ....... I mean then you put in the fact alot of the standards i'm hearing is winning the superbowl, FACT odds are not good Mahomes wins another this year....name the last back to back superbowl winning QB. Its that hard to do that aside from Brady, most have one with a very small few having 2 over the last 20 years.......