Should Dallas trade for WR: Curtis Samuel?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If I wasn't concerned about his knee he would be a great pick.

His knee is the only reason we would get him. If a little knee tendinitis makes this kid drop, we should thank our lucky stars for it.

ESPN analyst Todd McShay is a big fan and called Kinlaw a “physical freak.”

"If God was going to make a defensive lineman, it's this guy," McShay said back in early February after watching Kinlaw practice at the Reese’s Senior Bowl. "It took 48 hours for him to just show every NFL GM, every NFL head coach, 'I'm the guy.' Someone was smart enough, probably his agent, to say, 'You did a good enough job, bud. You can leave the Senior Bowl.' He was done in 48 hours and he made probably 12 to 15 million dollars."

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
You want to trade a 3rd plus and additional pick, when...

• Samuel didn't really play as a traditional Beasley/Cobb type legit slot WR.
  • He was used as a deep option, often from a outside alignment.
  • As a gadget player on end-arounds and those types of plays.
  • He has 51% catch rate in 2019 despite often getting short passes right at the line in an attempt to gain yards after the catch.

• It's the deepest WR draft in a long time.

• If Samuel did have success with the Cowboys he would want a significant contract considering what Cobb and Beasley received.

• That means the best possible scenario is that the Cowboys get good play from him for 1 season.
    • i.e. If he is good he'll be too expensive and if he's bad then it was a bad move.
They could just re-sign Tavon Austin...

Of course a person claiming Connor Williams to be good OL would say another poo statement.

I guess 640 yds and 6 TDs with 3 different QBs throwing to him is not a great feat for a #2 when the franchise QB is lost for the season?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course a person claiming Connor Williams to be good OL would say another poo statement.

I guess 640 yds and 6 TDs with 3 different QBs throwing to him is not a great feat for a #2 when the franchise QB is lost for the season?

Try actually reading my post if you have the ability. I didn't say he was a bad player.

Kareemovweet

Reaction score
This guy is the missing piece for the offense, a speed and quick receiver than can play slot, outside or line up in the backfield for tosses and jet sweeps. This is the type of Gadget player McCarthy covets for his scheme.

5'-11" 200 lbs 40 time: 4.3 sec

I wouldn't mind giving up 3rd or 4th rounder.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-samuel-per-report-eagles-a-potential-suitor/

I'd go with a 4th rd this year and base another pick next year no higher than a 3 depending on he pans out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This, would not have a problem with a receiver in whatever round and the rest on D.
]

Yes it would be a huge problem with the draft. TWO draft picks for a receiver in the biggest receiver packed draft in decades that one of those draft picks wasted on a WR could be used for a defensive player. That's like saying that you have to go shopping for a specific list of things with a limited amount of money and you decide to buy one of the things in one store because you like how that store looks but that item cost twice as much as what you could get it at if you bought it with the other things at a different store. It would be foolish just like trading valuable draft picks for a receive in a extremely rich receiver draft.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
]

Yes it would be a huge problem with the draft. TWO draft picks for a receiver in the biggest receiver packed draft in decades that one of those draft picks wasted on a WR could be used for a defensive player. That's like saying that you have to go shopping for a specific list of things with a limited amount of money and you decide to buy one of the things in one store because you like how that store looks but that item cost twice as much as what you could get it at if you bought it with the other things at a different store. It would be foolish just like trading valuable draft picks for a receive in a extremely rich receiver draft.

See what you are saying but I did not say 2 receivers only 1, that is why I said any round. The poster I responded too said he would prefer a receiver and D and that is when I chimed in. That's why I said all the rest on D and get a receiver any round.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Deepest WR draft in memory.....but trade for a WR?

That would be a total Cowboys move.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
He averaged 6 yards per target last season and 6.3 yards per target for his career. His career catch percentage is 55.1% and was only 51.4% last season. There are many factors for these low numbers, but they are low numbers. The value of trading a couple of picks for him while he is in the final year of his contract isn't there.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This guy is the missing piece for the offense, a speed and quick receiver than can play slot, outside or line up in the backfield for tosses and jet sweeps. This is the type of Gadget player McCarthy covets for his scheme.

5'-11" 200 lbs 40 time: 4.3 sec

I wouldn't mind giving up 3rd or 4th rounder.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-samuel-per-report-eagles-a-potential-suitor/

No Trade. If you can not find a slot WR in this draft, you can not draft and all scouts should be fired.