Should Dallas trade for WR: Curtis Samuel?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

the_h0wey

Reaction score
This guy is the missing piece for the offense, a speed and quick receiver than can play slot, outside or line up in the backfield for tosses and jet sweeps. This is the type of Gadget player McCarthy covets for his scheme.

5'-11" 200 lbs 40 time: 4.3 sec

I wouldn't mind giving up 3rd or 4th rounder.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-samuel-per-report-eagles-a-potential-suitor/

You want us to trade for what is already easily our deepest position? Why? And Samuel is still under his rookie contract so why would they trade him?

conner01

Reaction score
Can’t be trading any picks. Too much work to be done on defense. Look at the contract situation in the secondary. Nearly the whole group could turnover. They need to grad a S and a corner or 2 in this draft. A third rounder can’t be wasted on a slot WR.
I don’t see the need at spending assets on WR

DFWJC

Reaction score
I believe Kenny Stills is the missing piece on offense.

We already have possibly the best WR trio in the league. What more do we want?
More depth, I guess. But I assume Stills would like to start.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I tend to believe the Cowboys are in good shape at WR, we are talking 4th and 5th WR and no, would not trade to bring in another. I think we have some good prospects who can battle it out for the 4th and 5th spot

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy is the missing piece for the offense, a speed and quick receiver than can play slot, outside or line up in the backfield for tosses and jet sweeps. This is the type of Gadget player McCarthy covets for his scheme.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-samuel-per-report-eagles-a-potential-suitor/

Sure let's get more offense for Dak...defense who needs one of those.......?????

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You want us to trade for what is already easily our deepest position? Why? And Samuel is still under his rookie contract so why would they trade him?

This thread was created before the draft.

If you look at the bottom of the first post, you'll see that it started April 9.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

As much as i like Samuel, i think we have this in Devin Smith and he's not going to cost a draft pick or money Samuel will want to command. And he's not going to want to be 4th on depth chart.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

how many WRs do you want? we are already 3 deep, deeper than many teams...and people will always bring up injuries, gadget plays, etc....we can have the same argument for DL, DE, Saftey, LB, TE, RB...we are not deep enough in any of those......but giving up resources for a 4th WR just in case.... in today';s NFL you can't bee deep in every position and we are already 3 deep....I would rather give up a pick for another place of need or reserve resources for DE or safety....bigger needs than WR.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
If you really want a 4th WR, then they should just sign Taylor Gabriel who is still a FA, who I believe would be cheap at this point of the offseason.