Should have traded for a running back

Blackrain

Reaction score
Mark my words it's going to come back and bite us that is if we want to go any further than just making the playoffs.
I'll say it now Jerry should have pushed his chips in the middle of the table and got Derrick Henry.
The teams that can get a yard when they need it and run the ball to close games out are going to be the ones that go deep into the playoffs.
If Pollard makes it to the end of the season I will be astonished.

Jerry went cheap again and we will be sitting home watching our horrible division rivals the eagles be able to push their way and bully their way into the NFC championship game.

Thoughts!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mark my words it's going to come back and bite us that is if we want to go any further than just making the playoffs.
I'll say it now Jerry should have pushed his chips in the middle of the table and got Derrick Henry.
The teams that can get a yard when they need it and run the ball to close games out are going to be the ones that go deep into the playoffs.

Jerry went cheap again and we will be sitting home watching our horrible division rivals the eagles be able to push their way and bully their way into the NFC championship game.

Thoughts!!!!
What running back was traded that you wanted?

Toro9

Reaction score
Nah. We're already down a 4th. The cost would outweigh the benefit. I entertained Derrick Henry for a while but he was the only one I would've traded for and it might've been a bad idea. I'm happy they didn't.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What have you se n that makes you think this team is bad on 3rd downs or short yardage situations?

Jipper

Reaction score
So you wanted a 30 year old rb that would have cost a 2nd or 1st and needed a two year mid teens deal....not a smart move

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Henry would've been great, but was never on the market. I didn't hear of any other RB on the market that would've been a big upgrade over what we have. Sometimes you can only do what you can and forget about what you can't.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I appreciate all the input and there's some good justification but when all is said and done we will have to go through the eagles and it very much looks like they can out muscle us.

We need a guy who can get a yard a finisher somebody we can hang our hat on to close out a game and get a tough yard.

My opinion was Henry was the closest thing out there to a guy that could do that if we could have got them for a third I say it would have been a Gamble but after all the second round picks we've gambled and busted on what's a third if it would get us over the top and passed the eagles and maybe be able to compete with the 49ers

starfan1

Reaction score
We mneeded to draft one before the 6th round. Its early but this draft is attrocious and may play out to be one of the worst but well see

John813

Reaction score
It was reported at some point the Titans didn't want to trade Henry. I mean it makes sense if they want Levis to have the best chance to develop. Keep talent around him.

I mean, you can't force a team to trade a player unless you want to give up stupid amount of picks.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i agree we needed that kind of RB but you can't make the Titans trade Henry. I wonder IF the Jets would have traded Cook.
This is the kind of thinking our front office lacks. We should be looking around the league trying to poach vets off sinking ships. But this team doesn’t have a GM. People say mcclay does all the GM work but he has no authority.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So you wanted a 30 year old rb that would have cost a 2nd or 1st and needed a two year mid teens deal....not a smart move
No what I'd like to see is Jerry recognize where we are weak and try to make us better.
I would have at least offered a third round pick for Henry and tried to make us better but no we will just keep reliving groundhog Day and getting our *** handed to us by the 49ers when it matters

And then have to watch the eagles go to the super bowl

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

Thoughts!!!!
Offensive line is the problem in the run game, not the running back....

John813

Reaction score
i agree we needed that kind of RB but you can't make the Titans trade Henry. I wonder IF the Jets would have traded Cook.

Cooks has been bad in NY. More of a name at this point. He has never had a YPC over 4 in any game this year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was reported at some point the Titans didn't want to trade Henry. I mean it makes sense if they want Levis to have the best chance to develop. Keep talent around him.

I mean, you can't force a team to trade a player unless you want to give up stupid amount of picks.
Obviously the Titans value Henry more than anyone else. He’s going to be 30 next year and a free agent. The titans aren’t making a run this year so they either have to give him a big new contract or they lose him anyway.