Should I be a disgruntled Cowboys fan?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Game day is my favorites I’ll either be happy for a win or happy to see Jerry joneses loss face.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Whenever I log on to this board or any other cowboy forum, I encounter the disgruntled Cowboys fan. You know the type. The ones that ask the typical disgruntled questions. Why did they sign this guy? Or why didn't they sign this guy? Why did they draft this player. Or why wouldn't they draft this player instead? How could they not win that game? Or why did they bother to win that game?
And not just that. They have to make fun of the fans that are trying to stay positive. Or bring them down to their belief level. If a fan makes a post asking what we need to do in free agency, they will answer with the equivalent of 'what's the use?' Their answers will infer that whatever they do, it will be the wrong thing.
I get it. We haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. We have a meddlesome owner. We are known as America's Team (worse thing to ever happen to us.) We have an atrocious defense.We paid Zeke. We paid Jaylon. We drafted Taco. Again, we haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. God knows that there is reason to be disgruntled.
But I choose not to go that path. As do many of the other board members. We know of our challenges and our weaknesses. But we choose to ponder about what we need to do to overcome those challenges and weaknesses. When they sign a mid-tier free agent, we try to figure out how they will use them rather then complain about the fact that they didn't sign a top-tier player.
There are many ways to skin a cat and the Cowboys choose to do if with drafting well, signing second-level free agents and then turning those players into compensatory picks if they choose to leave. Yeah, we have missed on some draft picks but we are one of the best in the league at picking college talent. That's a fact, Jack.
So I ask the disgruntled fans that stay on these forums and others like it. Why? Why continue to be a Cowboys fan if it is so negative and depressing? Isn't it the conventional wisdom to purge things from your life that make you unhappy? I, myself, will not read, listen or watch anything Cowboys related after a tough loss because it hurts to think about it. So I understand the concept of out of sight, out of mind when it comes to the Boys.
Anyway, I know that this post isn't gonna change any minds or mindsets in regards to the Cowboys. And I know that everyone is allowed to be Cowboys fans, including the Negative Nancys in our group. I live in the Philly area so I see the negativity about the Boys every day. So I'm used to it.
Have a good day, y'all, and How bout them Cowboys!!

Are there any happy Cowboys fans? I havent seen one a while. Not since Garrett was stinking up the joint. Had a few gleeful trolls get all excited when Dak got hurt and Dalton came in. Thats about it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being a 'real fan'. We are all fans, obviously. Just don't understand why people who get no pleasure from rooting for this team continue to be fans.

Some fans are more devoted than others. Some fans understand the team and the game more than others. Some fans put their personal agenda in front of team success. All different types.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being a 'real fan'. We are all fans, obviously. Just don't understand why people who get no pleasure from rooting for this team continue to be fans.

I explained this in another thread but there are many here that are excellent fans. I really enjoy both sides of the fence. I think unhappy is the wrong word. Frustration is closer. If you started following the team in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s people expected something. Maybe we are spoiled by those decades or parts of them but it’s been 25 years of not sniffing a thing sans a couple or years and wasted decades like the Garrett years. It’s kind of like the crazy ex-girlfriend you love but she keeps screwing around and being crazy. You want to go all in but are nervous. That’s how I feel lately after decades of following. I feel like I could be super positive but would rather be gun shy and hope and pray that it works. It’s like ground hog seasons. But don’t let that get in the way of me desperately wanting to win another

Big_D

Reaction score
I love it.

A team with a track record of pure futility one way or another for a quarter century is met with.....

"Haters gonna hate"

Yeah ok.

We need a bigger window. lol Not enough data!!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Whenever I log on to this board or any other cowboy forum, I encounter the disgruntled Cowboys fan. You know the type. The ones that ask the typical disgruntled questions. Why did they sign this guy? Or why didn't they sign this guy? Why did they draft this player. Or why wouldn't they draft this player instead? How could they not win that game? Or why did they bother to win that game?
And not just that. They have to make fun of the fans that are trying to stay positive. Or bring them down to their belief level. If a fan makes a post asking what we need to do in free agency, they will answer with the equivalent of 'what's the use?' Their answers will infer that whatever they do, it will be the wrong thing.
I get it. We haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. We have a meddlesome owner. We are known as America's Team (worse thing to ever happen to us.) We have an atrocious defense.We paid Zeke. We paid Jaylon. We drafted Taco. Again, we haven't won anything in over a quarter of a century. God knows that there is reason to be disgruntled.
But I choose not to go that path. As do many of the other board members. We know of our challenges and our weaknesses. But we choose to ponder about what we need to do to overcome those challenges and weaknesses. When they sign a mid-tier free agent, we try to figure out how they will use them rather then complain about the fact that they didn't sign a top-tier player.
There are many ways to skin a cat and the Cowboys choose to do if with drafting well, signing second-level free agents and then turning those players into compensatory picks if they choose to leave. Yeah, we have missed on some draft picks but we are one of the best in the league at picking college talent. That's a fact, Jack.
So I ask the disgruntled fans that stay on these forums and others like it. Why? Why continue to be a Cowboys fan if it is so negative and depressing? Isn't it the conventional wisdom to purge things from your life that make you unhappy? I, myself, will not read, listen or watch anything Cowboys related after a tough loss because it hurts to think about it. So I understand the concept of out of sight, out of mind when it comes to the Boys.
Anyway, I know that this post isn't gonna change any minds or mindsets in regards to the Cowboys. And I know that everyone is allowed to be Cowboys fans, including the Negative Nancys in our group. I live in the Philly area so I see the negativity about the Boys every day. So I'm used to it.
Being just a fan and feeling jilted is one thing. The fans that matter as the season ticket holderswho are paying to be fans. What they think is what matters..not us in the far off virtual seats.

Those guys do not hang out here so it's hard to know how they view things.Tell me who those guys are. Are they disgruntled and giving their tickets away and not coming to games.

jnday

Reaction score
A better question would be “ why are you not ticked off after 25 years of losing football”? I was a fan long before they Jerry started ruining this organization and I will be a fan long after he is gone. I will not accept this mess or lower my standards as so many others have done. I remember teams that was proud of being America’s Team and they strived to live up to that label. The current players and fans now think that it is too much to ask for these poor mistreated players to have to play up to the level of being America’s Team. It has really become embarrassing to see how far this organization and it’s fans have fallen. I remember when fans expected Super Bowls and now they are happy if they reach the playoffs with an 8-8 record. As long as fans continue to spend their money buying tickets and gear, nothing will change. I have a tiny bit of hope that I will see one more Cowboy Super Bowl win. That is the one and only reason that I am still a fan after 50 years.

jnday

Reaction score
They have the most comp picks in the nfl, and a high draft order pick

I think they should take pitts or slater if either are there

what position do you want them to take that is worth a number 10 pick?
If Pitts is the player that everybody thinks he is, there is not a defensive player in this draft that comes close to having the impact that he would have. It may not be a position of need, but no other player is going to help win with more impactful plays.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah ;) So you want this board to be filled with a bunch of Stuart Smalleys, and that is somewhat less annoying than "Negative Nancies" I can take people complaining when there is cause to complain, i hate that far less than seeing people being delusional.

giphy.gif

coult44

Reaction score

We , I mean some of us, spend a lot of money, not only time on the Cowboys. We, some, give Jerry a lot of money and expect a little more in return. We travel to home and road games, We buy gear and possibly even advertising dollars. We, i mean some, might even have loans to pay for certain Cowboy privileges. We, as a franchise need to do a lot better.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Some fans are more devoted than others. Some fans understand the team and the game more than others. Some fans put their personal agenda in front of team success. All different types.
There's things I don't like as far as how the team is run, and 3-4 of my most hated all time Cowboys happen to be on the current team.

I express those opinions here and stand by them....

However when game day arrives anyone wearing that star on their hat is my guy....period.

OP should be what they want to be, and think what they want to think.

It means something different to all of us.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lost me at “one of the best in the league at picking college talent. That’s a fact Jack”.

Why don’t you take another gander at our draft classes. Some are above average but most are average or below. Plus picking a RB with the 4th overall pick shouldn’t even be allowed but I guess the league does it so we can all see who the biggest idiots are.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/draft.htm

Look at the picks on defense, 2016-2019.

sjmike

Reaction score
um. That assumption is usually stated by disgruntled fans.
Not disgruntled. Just never liked that title. Just put a bullseye on us. I am more of an under the radar guy. Of course, there's nothing under the radar about the Dallas Cowboys.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I explained this in another thread but there are many here that are excellent fans. I really enjoy both sides of the fence. I think unhappy is the wrong word. Frustration is closer. If you started following the team in the 60s, 70s, 80s or 90s people expected something. Maybe we are spoiled by those decades or parts of them but it’s been 25 years of not sniffing a thing sans a couple or years and wasted decades like the Garrett years. It’s kind of like the crazy ex-girlfriend you love but she keeps screwing around and being crazy. You want to go all in but are nervous. That’s how I feel lately after decades of following. I feel like I could be super positive but would rather be gun shy and hope and pray that it works. It’s like ground hog seasons. But don’t let that get in the way of me desperately wanting to win another
Well said. I've been a fan since the 60s myself, and these last 25 years have been miserable. But I am a lifelong fan, and always will be.