CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I voted no...but hear me out. I reserve the right to change my vote.

I believe the Cowboys should wait and identify a successor before getting rid of Garrett; obviously. I've been a Garrett supporter but I am in favor of firing him if the team doesn't make a deep playoff run in 2018.

In short, he's on the hot seat.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
So, on Dec 2nd I made a poll asking if Garrett should be fired. After 643 votes, 90.4% voted yes fire Garrett. It’s been almost 6 months and I wanted to see if this has changed.

I’m not asking do u think JJ will fire him any time soon, I’m asking do u think he should have been fired.
It would be nice but then who world bring their team of coaches here under the current ownership?

erod

Reaction score
So, on Dec 2nd I made a poll asking if Garrett should be fired. After 643 votes, 90.4% voted yes fire Garrett. It’s been almost 6 months and I wanted to see if this has changed.

I’m not asking do u think JJ will fire him any time soon, I’m asking do u think he should have been fired.

Every fan base in the NFL would vote yes to fire their coach except for 4 or 5.

That's what fans do.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I voted no...but hear me out. I reserve the right to change my vote.

I believe the Cowboys should wait and identify a successor before getting rid of Garrett; obviously. I've been a Garrett supporter but I am in favor of firing him if the team doesn't make a deep playoff run in 2018.

In short, he's on the hot seat.
:lmao:
I ain't voted yet,as logic dictates we're fixing to be treated to more of the same(@plasticman posted up an excellent write up in @Beast_from_East " bad fan/ displaced back page workers thread that's rather eye opening in terms of length of time& approach in coaching)
My initial thought was yes based on my above stated 'logic' yet I wavered in firm commitment due to having read the plasticmans piece & am leaning heavily towards the 'no' vote in this 2018 season, shoot! If we can't grant him the same amount of time granted Tom Landry to get it lined out and running straight the walls of castle Dallas will more than likely collapse all around upon him anyway, without the grumblings of the peasant hordes helpo_O

* I'm lining up with @CT Dal Fan on this.:starspin:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Lewis Wilson? I like how, when he was Bruce Wayne, he was always tired and needed his "vitamins"...
812.jpg
Wilson_1943.jpg
b or c

dallasdave

Reaction score
:lmao:
I ain't voted yet,as logic dictates we're fixing to be treated to more of the same(@plasticman posted up an excellent write up in @Beast_from_East " bad fan/ displaced back page workers thread that's rather eye opening in terms of length of time& approach in coaching)
My initial thought was yes based on my above stated 'logic' yet I wavered in firm commitment due to having read the plasticmans piece & am leaning heavily towards the 'no' vote in this 2018 season, shoot! If we can't grant him the same amount of time granted Tom Landry to get it lined out and running straight the walls of castle Dallas will more than likely collapse all around upon him anyway, without the grumblings of the peasant hordes helpo_O

* I'm lining up with @CT Dal Fan on this.:starspin:
in a line up :rolleyes:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Garrett is a little over a year removed from being named NFL coach of the year. That said, he is obviously no great shakes as an 'in game' coach - in fact he too often looks like a deer in the headlights when things get tight. His adjustments are just bad and redzone play calling has regularly been head scratching.

I was very much onboard with his plan to overload investment in the O-line hoping to make the offense brutish at the point of attack. But this has only borne a mixed bag of alternately up and down seasons.

The patience of Jones and Kids can't last forever. I think this season Garrett better guide the team back into the playoffs or he'll be done.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Garret should not be fired! He has earned another 20 years to grow into the position of head coach. Some people say he sucks, I think they are right!!!

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Fire him at the end of the season regardless of outcome. I wouldn't want it to happen right now before the draft or middle of the season unless it's just an epic failure...we have a coach that I'm fairly confident 31 other teams would pass on if we let him go. At this point I'd go for almost anything as long as it's not Garrett.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Who would we get at this late date , 10 days before the draft , that would actually be that great ?

Changing an NFL head coach and his entire staff needs to be done the day after the regular season ends , IMO.................

uvaballa

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what anyone here thinks. It looks like we're stuck with JG unless the wheels really come off. The first time in his coaching career with back to back winning seasons and you think JJ is going to fire him(yes the 9th win was against an Eagles team resting guys)?

Hayseed

Reaction score
I voted no. But thats only because I think he should be first tarred and feathered on his way to being frog marched and perp walked out of the building on his way to a large gallows built out in front of the stadium where fans can throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at him before he is hung. But if I had to settle for simply FIRED,........ I guess I would. :)

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I voted no. But thats only because I think he should be first tarred and feathered on his way to being frog marched and perp walked out of the building on his way to a large gallows built out in front of the stadium where fans can throw rotten eggs and tomatoes at him before he is hung. But if I had to settle for simply FIRED,........ I guess I would. :)
A little morbid lol

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted no. I think the General Manager defines the Cowboys and the coach is just playing his role.
I agree with that to a point. I would be less inclined to want to see him go if I knew exactly what mistakes he has been responsible for vs. what the GM has hamstrung him with. If so, for how long? At this point in time, is he a functional head coach in the classical sense? I'm sure that it's not a cut and dried role for all teams, but Is he just really an assistant? The now defunct official DC.com fan forum was deluged with references to JG being a puppet who is no more than a glorified cheerleader. If so, then JJ was (is?) a defacto head coach among his other titles, and it's all becomes a moot point. (Heck, for all we know, he may have even been washing the socks and jocks!) The decision making paradigm has certainly shifted in recent years, or we would have Johnny Football and various other misfits on this team. Can you imagine what that would have been like? Yikes. I would have put a generous amount of alcohol in the pot liquor for game day just to tolerate watching the game. Le bon ton tout le re!

Status
Not open for further replies.