CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired? If so, when?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin T

Reaction score
I think you can Garrett and Linehan. Promote Richard to HC because if you don't do it, someone is going to grab him up in the offseason. Defense has made too much of a turnaround for eyes not to be drawn to him. Hire an OC or promote from within. Shake things up. What do you have to lose? Not beating the Rams so why not?? This circus must end!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Although I did vote 'after the season'. ONLY because I don't want an interim coach. I don't want any leftovers from this staff. And I definitely don't want Jerry to think some clown is good enough because of a few meaningless wins late in the season. And Garrett is gone right after the final whistle on December 30th regardless of what happens between now and then. There's no more wait and see. lol That was long gone years ago.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted after the season.
Though I wish it were now.

But my reason, is who would take over. I guess Rod could take over, Richard would take DC duties, since he is supposedly doing that now.
But if Garrett goes, Linehan should go also. Then who is OC? No to Moore, the guy regressed our QB's and should be fired also.

So need to see where we are at come the bye week. Then make a full sweep of changes after the season. We are not going anywhere this season, so just bite the bullet, and let it play out.

Heck, who knows, maybe the team starts winning inspire of it all. :laugh: After all, we are only 1/2 game out of 1st in the division.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I voted fire immediately but I'd like to know 1 thing. Does the HC have authorization to fire any other coaches? All of the changes made last summer but zero coaches were actually fired. The only way firing garret helps is if he is handcuffing linehan. If he is, send him packing then see what linehan can do. If that's not the case then i'd rather fire linehan now. Either way both should be done, but more importantly a new paradime needs to be put in place where the HC is empowered to hire/fire his staff not the Jones's.

Fire JG & SL, move KR to interim We need every second of evaluation the remaining games would allow. The player shopping list for the offseason is growing & you need all the information possible to determine how critical each piece is.

QB - Does Cooper or Mike show enough to develop? Still need to bring in a vet who could mentor & be starter if needed.
LT - Sorry but Tyron looks like a shell of his former self. Critical position, must be addressed.
C - Who knows but somehow I'm not overly optimistic.
RT - ask LC what he wants to be. If its RT, then he needs to get in shape to regain some quickness. If he wants to eat, move him back to G. Does C Will then try his hand at RT or do you look in FA & draft?
WR - certainly we could add to the talent with another youngster. Needs above are more pressing though.

DT - hopefully next coaching philosophy will value some strength in the middle.
FS - If we don't see some marked improvement, we have to address.
SS - not as critical but by year end you should know if you have the pieces or not.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am going to say after the season because I don't want Kris Richard stepping in and saving the season by any stretch of the imagination. Keep it under 5 wins please!

Status
Not open for further replies.