Should MM continue as his own playcaller or bring in an OC?

Rayman70

Reaction score
R.1a7ec04baaf1369db2311bdcb6862b25
Daks enjoying his sleep number

glimmerman

Reaction score
what folks forget with Rogers and MM the year they won a ring, they had a good running game. It always comes back to the run. They had a stud laden oline too. All AR had to do was execute what was called. Dak has far too much laid at his feet. Its kinda unfair. Give him better supporting "actors" if u will, and I think we have a chance. But it still starts on both lines, both sides of the ball. Upgrades must be made there fast. I also think its time we find out if Trey Lance can be the man.
I
what folks forget with Rogers and MM the year they won a ring, they had a good running game. It always comes back to the run. They had a stud laden oline too. All AR had to do was execute what was called. Dak has far too much laid at his feet. Its kinda unfair. Give him better supporting "actors" if u will, and I think we have a chance. But it still starts on both lines, both sides of the ball. Upgrades must be made there fast. I also think its time we find out if Trey Lance can be the man.
i can see us getting rid of Rush. Its a 625,000 dollar cap hit.. Move Lance to backup. I was surprised that at some point that after we made the playoffs they would at least call him up for a game or a few series. It’s actually kind of weird don’t you think.. This first round pick brought in and never really seen. At all. Maybe he will be the back up and hopefully we will be beating teams down and he can see some mop up. I am sure we will see a bunch of him in preseason..

Rayman70

Reaction score
i can see us getting rid of Rush. Its a 625,000 dollar cap hit.. Move Lance to backup. I was surprised that at some point that after we made the playoffs they would at least call him up for a game or a few series. It’s actually kind of weird don’t you think.. This first round pick brought in and never really seen. At all. Maybe he will be the back up and hopefully we will be beating teams down and he can see some mop up. I am sure we will see a bunch of him in preseason..
I think thats happening. You can book it. I wanna see Lance play alot in preseason. Lets see what we have.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I don't know. I think Dak bailed Mike out a lot. That said, we did score a lot of points. Hard to say.

Ultimately it won't matter cause we're not gonna get a guy to come in on a one year deal

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I think thats happening. You can book it. I wanna see Lance play alot in preseason. Lets see what we have.
We spent a good pick on him. He's gotta be the presumed backup. If Dak goes down and he sucks, then we kill two birds with one stone and maybe get a better pick.

glimmerman

Reaction score
losing a Bill Callahan killed this team back then. Jerry pissed him off and he is never returning.
Isnt he working in Cleveland. Money talks and JJ has plenty. Cover those hurt feelings with 100 dollar bills. Would love to see Callahan come back and bring in Colombo as a assistant.. Whom MM and JJ also pissed off..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Isnt he working in Cleveland. Money talks and JJ has plenty. Cover those hurt feelings with 100 dollar bills. Would love to see Callahan come back and bring in Colombo as a assistant.. Whom MM and JJ also pissed off..
or heck, if we cant get Callahan lets get Marc Columbo in here.

75boyz

Reaction score
McCarthy absolutely has to bring in a run game coordinator or the season is over before free agency or the draft.
I don't understand what Schottenheimer is doing in the offensive team meetings then.
His background is based on running the football.

Him and McCarthy combined, along with Solari's oline blocking schemes were all huge fails.

It's like none of the 3 have a clue in producing an effective run game plan.

One, two or all three needed to be fired.
Since McCheese ain't gonna be fired, this decreases any confidence of any run game changes for next year.
Let's run it back.

Absolutely pathetic.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think thats happening. You can book it. I wanna see Lance play alot in preseason. Let’s see what we have.
I agree. I mean strange niners got him and let him go after seeing very little. Looks like he could do what they have purdy doing. He takes what defenses gives him for passes and hands the ball off. Apparently Lance is more athletic and runs better. What did we give up to get Lance.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree. I mean strange niners got him and let him go after seeing very little. Looks like he could do what they have purdy doing. He takes what defenses gives him for passes and hands the ball off. Apparently Lance is more athletic and runs better. What did we give up to get Lance.
I think it was a 5th.

glimmerman

Reaction score
or heck, if we cant get Callahan lets get Marc Columbo in here.
MM pissed him off. He wanted a meeting when MM was hired and he said he was bringing in his own staff. Colombo requested a meeting and MM apparently did not respond. When Colombo was clearing out his things he had a lot of very loud and nasty things to say leaving the stadium. Then got hired by JG and got fired for fighting with other staff there. Also Looney went over there and retired. He was a good back up and we let him go. He was working for peanuts. And was our starting center when Fredbeard left.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Offensive success this year was largely an illusion. They played the easiest defensive schedule of any team in the league. They beat up on bad defenses and struggled to move the ball against good ones. The defense wasn't much better.

And here's the thing: as critical as I am of the coaching, the main problem is personnel, despite what Jerry spends millions of dollars each year telling you.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
So, what exactly did Schottenheimer do?

Did he have any input? Ironically enough, when he was the OC in Seattle, those teams had a pretty solid run game. Where was that in Dallas?

Creeper

Reaction score
His play calling is fine. The OL underperformed this year especially run blocking. That's what needs to be fixed.