News: Should The Cowboys Make A Trade For Tony Gonzalez?

DuceizBak

Reaction score
We already have Jason Witten...someone confiscate this guys drink.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I live in ATL. I haven't heard the Falcons even suggesting they would do this. He's the most reliable offensive guy they have!

black label

Reaction score
great idea, We can use Witten as trade bait.This way we end up with no tight ends next year o_O

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is a stupid idea. WTH would we give up a 4th round pick for a TE in the last year of his career for?

Is he going to play defensive line for us?

That would just be throwing away a 4th round pick for the sake of throwing it away. I love Tony G. Don't get me wrong there but he's not the answer to any of this teams problems.

joseephuss

Reaction score
This is a stupid idea. WTH would we give up a 4th round pick for a TE in the last year of his career for?

Is he going to play defensive line for us?

That would just be throwing away a 4th round pick for the sake of throwing it away. I love Tony G. Don't get me wrong there but he's not the answer to any of this teams problems.

Right on. How long would it take him to learn the offense? Not in enough time to be really helpful in my opinion.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm up to 24 likes.............can you 'like' yourself?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I live in ATL. I haven't heard the Falcons even suggesting they would do this. He's the most reliable offensive guy they have!

On the radio, a lot of locals and hosts are the ones that are saying that they should trade Tony G. The main reason is that they feel that they let him down so they will trade him to a contender. Some of the hosts of talk radio feel that if Tony G is traded, the Falcons are admitting to the fans that they are giving up and looking for a high pick that will address one of their line issues.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
On the radio, a lot of locals and hosts are the ones that are saying that they should trade Tony G. The main reason is that they feel that they let him down so they will trade him to a contender. Some of the hosts of talk radio feel that if Tony G is traded, the Falcons are admitting to the fans that they are giving up and looking for a high pick that will address one of their line issues.

Even if true there would be no high pick involved. He came out of retirement to even play this year. So a team would have him for what 11 games? That is if he retires again. He can still play. That's for sure.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Jason Witten approves of this plan to get Gonzalez. Why, you ask? Because Witten's best friend Tony Romo would never throw the ball to Gonzalez assuring Witten a better chance to surpass Gonzalez's record for TE catches.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Local sports talk radio station 105.3 The Fan suggested that the Cowboys call the Falcons and offer a fourth-round draft pick for Tony Gonzalez.

Would you do it?

Here's a link as to the reasons why the Cowboys should consider it:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/10/09/cowboys-should-trade-for-another-88/

Julio Jones is out for the season.

Roddy White has a high ankle sprain.

So the Falcons, in a year when their passing offense is the only thing going for them,
are going to trade their one healthy receiver out of their top 3?

I don't think so.

D-