Should the Cowboys risk further injury to Dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our season is basically riding on this game because if we lose and Philly wins next week we’re out. Nothing has been reported that Dak’s shoulder injury is serious and will require surgery. Every season is precious and if you have an opportunity to get in the playoffs you do what it takes to give yourself a chance to compete for a championship. You don’t give up on a season because the odds are against you. If you get hot at the right time anything is possible. If Dak is physically able to play he needs to play! He’s playing for a big contract and he needs to continue to prove himself.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Absolutely. It's just business... like his contract. Go big or go home.

Playing for that contract right now.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The medical staff cleared Connor Williams to return to the game in the 2nd half of the Buffalo game.

He was limping when he returned and could be seen in the huddle leaning to take the weight off the injured leg.

He made it for a few snaps and then blew out his ACL...

Parcells forced OL Stephen Peterman back into a game despite the player being in obvious pain. Peterman played a couple of snaps and blewout his ACL...

those dirty rat coaches

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Division title game...of course they play for these. But if he looks bad early? I’m yanking him for Cooper.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You play to win, you play hurt every week.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I Have over 100,000 posts on the cowboy fan forum I’m from the original site. I’m known for my integrity I don’t make things up. Prescott “if you did not want to sign a contract till after the season was over he wanted to prove to everybody how great he really was or if he wasn’t he live with that also
That’s not a quote from him lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is this a serious question?

The division is at stake. He has 8 months to heal up after the season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.

:muttley: ya I'm sure the defenses in the playoffs are trembling at the thought of facing Dak.....:muttley:

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.
What exactly are we saving him for?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What exactly are we saving him for?
Hypothetical Question:

What if the Cowboys had put Aikman on IR in 2000 before his final injury and he was then able to play 5 more years at his normal level of play?

Proof

Reaction score
Standard football mentality says he plays no matter what if cleared to play.

Dak took a gamble, and I think got greedy, and now it has all backfired on him if you look at his situation now.
He is injured , has not played well at times, has not improved his status with dallas or other teams,
and now his contract is about up , no big payday and he will have to finish season injured.
His future is not looking all that great now.

And if the new HC assuming that happens does not want him , I dont think he will get more than
20-25 a year on another team.
I think he wants to play to prove they can go further, but that really isnt a smart move for him,
especially since he isnt 100 %.

Lol it’s rare I disagree with every word in a post of this length

blueblood70

Reaction score
the way hes playing today RUSH cant be worse...its ugly and really the last month been much of the same..off target throws

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Right. So what were they negotiating if there was no number that they could’ve reached to get a deal done?

Are you that slow on the uptake? Both sides couldn't agree on a contract at the beginning of the season and according to multiple reports as recently as a week or 10 days ago the Cowboys haven't talked to Prescott's agent since the start of the season. because Prescott made it known that he was going to play this season and gamble that he'll get more after the season is over.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you that slow on the uptake? Both sides couldn't agree on a contract at the beginning of the season and according to multiple reports as recently as a week or 10 days ago the Cowboys haven't talked to Prescott's agent since the start of the season. because Prescott made it known that he was going to play this season and gamble that he'll get more after the season is over.

God blesss and have a nice day.