Should the Cowboys risk further injury to Dak?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.
What are our chances of beating philthy with Rush? We lose that one Dak being healthy in the playoffs is pretty much academic

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Yes, they can win the division but their chance of success in the playoffs seems extremely low.

With Dak not 100% healthy, their chance of success in the playoffs seems to be near zero.
Standard football mentality says he plays no matter what if cleared to play.

Dak took a gamble, and I think got greedy, and now it has all backfired on him if you look at his situation now.
He is injured , has not played well at times, has not improved his status with dallas or other teams,
and now his contract is about up , no big payday and he will have to finish season injured.
His future is not looking all that great now.

And if the new HC assuming that happens does not want him , I dont think he will get more than
20-25 a year on another team.
I think he wants to play to prove they can go further, but that really isnt a smart move for him,
especially since he isnt 100 %.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Yes as this is a playoff game. Franchise QBs play and get it done. Show me Dak!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Dak took a gamble, and I think got greedy, and now it has all backfired on him if you look at his situation now.
He is injured , has not played well at times, has not improved his status with dallas or other teams,
and now his contract is about up , no big payday and he will have to finish season injured.

And if the new HC assuming that happens does not want him , I dont think he will get more than
I think he wants to play to prove they can go further, but that really isnt a smart move for him,
Nothing has backfired yet.

Flamma

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

He'll have plenty of time to heal in the off season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I guess you come from the cult that says if you say it, they will believe it. FAIL!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Does it really matter? They don't think enough of him to give him a long term deal so what are they risking? IF he hurts it worse they can move on from him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is it worth the risk?

You have to win this game. What happens at that you worry about it next

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Does it really matter? They don't think enough of him to give him a long term deal so what are they risking? IF he hurts it worse they can move on from him.
Cowboys the franchise wanted to give him a long-term deal. Prescott Is betting on himself this the season you wanted to prove to the franchise he was worth the money he’s asking for.

cern

Reaction score
Not be callous, but purely from a business standpoint, what do they have to lose?

His contract is up after this season so they could simply not resign him (includes franchise tag) if he were seriously injured.

There are only two regular season games left they would be on the hook for paying him.

If anything, this is the exact situation any team would love to have with a soon-to-be high-priced free agent (franchise tag not withstanding) going in to the last two games of the season.
Sarcasm? I sure hope so. Play him and eventually pay him.

Loso86

Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

What are you asking exactly?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Is it worth the risk?

Dak has said he played with and through hoe whole college career. Just a physical player.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarcasm? I sure hope so. Play him and eventually pay him.
Not sure what you are referring to. I was not stating an opinion of whether I personally think he should play or whether he should be resigned.

The OP asked whether it was risky for the Cowboys to play him and that is what I responded to from purely (as I said in my post) a business standpoint.

visionary

Reaction score
Not be callous, but purely from a business standpoint, what do they have to lose?

His contract is up after this season so they could simply not resign him (includes franchise tag) if he were seriously injured.

There are only two regular season games left they would be on the hook for paying him.

If anything, this is the exact situation any team would love to have with a soon-to-be high-priced free agent (franchise tag not withstanding) going in to the last two games of the season.

to lose?

that might re-sign Garrett

that is not worth the risk

this is our one chance to get rid of one of the biggest dead weights around our necks

cern

Reaction score
Not sure what you are referring to. I was not stating an opinion of whether I personally think he should play or whether he should be resigned.

The OP asked whether it was risky for the Cowboys to play him and that is what I responded to from purely (as I said in my post) a business standpoint.
Then perhaps it's the business standpoint I wouldn't agree with. I have always looked after my best assets in business. I consider dak a top asset for the cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cowboys the franchise wanted to give him a long-term deal. Prescott Is betting on himself this the season you wanted to prove to the franchise he was worth the money he’s asking for.
That’s speculation. They have been in negotiations since the offseason. So there is clearly a number his team wants and clearly a number the Cowboys want.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waiting on the contract does NOT mean they "don't think enough of him" to give him one.

It is a negotiation. They don't think there has been a benefit to giving him the contract now.

Dak has already said he does not expect to make as much as the agent is requesting.

The Cowboys don't believe that Dak is nearly as concerned about the amount as his agent.

The general expectation for teams is and should be to get a "team friendly" deal if they sign the player early.

The player is taking a huge risk by not signing now.