Should the Cowboys Trade for J.J. Watt?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
JJ Watts trade would change DL to one of the strongest unit on the team. Would it be worth it?

Praxit

Reaction score
...IMO, I think the guy is done. Lots of injuries reoccurring with him. He's probably half of what he use to be. Thats the NFL for you. Breaks you down bit by bit.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
JJ Watts trade would change DL to one of the strongest unit on the team. Would it be worth it?

Just asking, did JJ Watt make the Texans’ DL strong? I know the Texans had a horrific defense. Don’t know what the DL was like. I don’t imagine it was strong since the Texans were worse than the Cowboys and Watson had a terrific year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not only no but hell no. He is due $17.5M this year and he just had his worst year since his rookie year. 3 of the last 5 ended with him on IR.

JJ Watt is much bigger in name than on the field and that is something the Cowboys do not need. They need impact players on the field.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not only no but hell no. He is due $17.5M this year and he just had his worst year since his rookie year. 3 of the last 5 ended with him on IR.

JJ Watt is much bigger in name than on the field and that is something the Cowboys do not need. They need impact players on the field.

3 of the last 5 on IR, yes. But he's played 16 games 2 of the last 3. So I'm not too concerned with his durability.

I note that in 2021 he has a $17.5 mil cap hit, but $0 dead cap. After his tirade recently, I think he would be a prime candidate to trade for, as long as they re-did his contract to a lower cap hit. And if for nothing else, I think he'd add some much needed "fire" to this team. NOBODY on this team really stands out as a team leader, at least vocally. If we can get two good years out of him I'd be thrilled with that...

J-man

Reaction score
Think he'll be cut so he could be signed for far less $. Otherwise no, not at this point in his career.