Should the NFL just cancel the Combine for Pro Days?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Wont happen. Personally I think the combine is overrated but it's become a massive attraction for NFL fans and gains more viewers each year. Too much money involved for the NFL to do away with it. Who the combine really matters for are typically the lower end guys that fans wont even talk about.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wont happen. Personally I think the combine is overrated but it's become a massive attraction for NFL fans and gains more viewers each year. Too much money involved for the NFL to do away with it. Who the combine really matters for are typically the lower end guys that fans wont even talk about.
totally agree pimp

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Say what you want about the combine but you can still learn a lot from it. A loser like Mazi Smith will only participate in drills that will make him look good. Fatty only did the bench press. A beast like Lane Johnson will crush everything. Competitors love to compete and show off. Players who are willing to compete deserve some love.

Creeper

Reaction score
I still think game video is the best judge of a players ability but the combine is useful for other reasons. It is the only time players compete against each other in identical conditions. Pro days take place on different tracks, some faster than others, and it means having to make more subjective judgements on a player's abilities. But the combine measure athleticism, not football acumen. That's where game film helps to pick out the football players from the athletes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking through the news of several top players this year and in previous years opting to not throw/workout etc at the NFL combine, should the NFL consider just having team pro days?
Opting out of the combine is nothing new. It has been going on for a long time.
And some QB's that do go, opt out of the throwing part. And wait until the pro days to throw.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you want about the combine but you can still learn a lot from it. A loser like Mazi Smith will only participate in drills that will make him look good. Fatty only did the bench press. A beast like Lane Johnson will crush everything. Competitors love to compete and show off. Players who are willing to compete deserve some love.
Did you watch last years combine and did you watch when Johnson was in it as well. Were you at the combine to see everything they actually do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Opting out of the combine is nothing new. It has been going on for a long time.
And some QB's that do go, opt out of the throwing part. And wait until the pro days to throw.
for qb's yea, that way they can throw to their guys

McKDaddy

Reaction score
or the league should just tell the invitees that pro day's will only be for players not invited to the combine. if invited & they want to add anything to their tape, they need to show up to the combine.

player still has a choice but avoids some of the circus.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
or the league should just tell the invitees that pro day's will only be for players not invited to the combine. if invited & they want to add anything to their tape, they need to show up to the combine.

player still has a choice but avoids some of the circus.
I like this, POST OF THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it allows the lesser known football players to become known. I mean was anyone really thinking about Byron Jones until he jumped 12’ or whatever?
wish he would have done half of that when he played for us

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
agreed!! then come to the league getting us all excited about him jumping up steps and telling people he likes to HIT people!!!