Should the Steelers be fined

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to this, should the Steelers be fined or something happen. But since they are one of the 4 chosen untouchable teams, Goodell does not have the balls to do anything, unless it was Dallas.

“The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: 'The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. 'During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.'”

John813

Reaction score
Doubtful. With the current events, I doubt the NFL will do anything regarding punishment to any team

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Yes. But the NFL offices will only send the Steelers a short note asking them to play the National Anthem.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not good. Reality will start banning peoples accounts for this discussion. (I didn't say the banned word here)

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Yes, they should. But they won't. I don't understand the selective rule enforcement but then again, they never call PI or holding consistently, either.

ghst187

Reaction score
As much as I love the Cowboys, if this crap continues, I hope the whole damned league goes belly up.

This x1000 plus one million likes. And add that Goodell gets a coward's reward.
Zeke's lawyers should also be pointing his out as far as a severe inconsistency in rules enforcement of league policies.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, they should. But they won't. I don't understand the selective rule enforcement but then again, they never call PI or holding consistently, either.
When have teams or players been fined or otherwise punished for National Anthem-related incidents? The NFL is inconsistent on many things, but not on this one, to my knowledge. It would be inconsistent to start enforcing this.

Edit: This is a hoax. The NFL rulebook contains no such language. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article175221581.html

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
When have teams or players been fined or otherwise punished for National Anthem-related incidents? The NFL is inconsistent on many things, but not on this one, to my knowledge. It would be inconsistent to start enforcing this.

They should have been punishing teams for it from jump! When an NFL team takes it to the next level and the whole squad stays in the locker room then enough should be enough.

pavalley

Reaction score
As much as I love the Cowboys, if this crap continues, I hope the whole damned league goes belly up.
Agreed ! I protested yesterday by not watching...if the boys kneel i'm done....ask baseball how many games i've attended after the strike in the 90's...go ahead...try me !

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Agreed ! I protested yesterday by not watching...if the boys kneel i'm done....ask baseball how many games i've attended after the strike in the 90's...go ahead...try me !
HOW MANY?! :)

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should have been punishing teams for it from jump! When an NFL team takes it to the next level and the whole squad stays in the locker room then enough should be enough.
Yes, maybe that would be enough to end the ridiculous practice of playing the national anthem before sporting events.

Status
Not open for further replies.