Should the Steelers be fined

Status
Not open for further replies.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have no problem with what they are doing and they should not be fine/punished in any way. This is America, home of the free. They are (and should be) free to do whatever they want as long as they aren't hurting anyone else. It's only when you encroach on others that it becomes a problem.

btw, I haven't watched any games this year and have no plans too. It's not about this though. It's about the NFL front office. They are ruining this game just like the NBA ruined their league.

Boycott.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and was asking the same question. I mean a rule is a rule that the owners and players agreed to. What is the sense of having a policy if someone breaks it and it is not enforced? Since it is not the Cowboys, I highly doubt it will be. Just my 2 cents.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I posted this in another thread and was asking the same question. I mean a rule is a rule that the owners and players agreed to. What is the sense of having a policy if someone breaks it and it is not enforced? Since it is not the Cowboys, I highly doubt it will be. Just my 2 cents.
The answer is: there's no such rule.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
According to this, should the Steelers be fined or something happen. But since they are one of the 4 chosen untouchable teams, Goodell does not have the balls to do anything, unless it was Dallas.

“The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: 'The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. 'During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.'”

Get off Facebook, man.

You think if this were a rule, it'd just be coming up now?

So far there have been two obvious hoaxes posted that are anti-protests. Some of you are so desperate that you're literally willing to believe anything.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get off Facebook, man.

You think if this were a rule, it'd just be coming up now?

So far there have been two obvious hoaxes posted that are anti-protests. Some of you are so desperate that you're literally willing to believe anything.

Screw you dude, I don't do Facebook. This was sent to me and then an hour later that person said he found out it was fake. So don't pull this desperate bs on me.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
It's too late. Had Goodell fined San Francisco for Kapernicks actions ,then this would have been squashed. Just more evidence Goodell is inconsistent, and lacking of having any integrity or backbone. He caves to the slightest pressure from any social police group. Worst Commisioner in any sports league, in history.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Screw you dude, I don't do Facebook. This was sent to me and then an hour later that person said he found out it was fake. So don't pull this desperate bs on me.

And yet you never came back to say you learned the rule doesn't exist. Why is that?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet you never came back to say you learned the rule doesn't exist. Why is that?

I haven't been home, been away all day doing important stuff, just now had the chance to look.
And I don't live on my phone to check in here if I am busy with other stuff.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

then the Seabags and Titans should get fined too, no way Goody Goodell will touch this matter with a ten foot pole

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Don't be mad at me because your friends feed you misinformation.

You should take that dude off your Christmas card list.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to this, should the Steelers be fined or something happen. But since they are one of the 4 chosen untouchable teams, Goodell does not have the balls to do anything, unless it was Dallas.

“The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states: 'The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. 'During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition... ...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.'”
Yes, a full game check for players and 4 game suspension for the coach.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I think they should at least be fined and possibly even barred from the NFL altogether. The League needs to send a very clear message that it is committed to upholding the time-honored American tradition of employer authority over workers.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'm completely against the protest, but I don't think fining people is the answer. I would rather try to educate than punish. In fact, I'd prefer that anybody trying to protest the anthem do it in the fashion that the Steelers did so if I'm standing at attention for the Anthem that I'm not having to see you shove your protest in my face.

I think a better way to educate them is to force each player to perform ride-a-longs with police in the worst sections of town at high crime rate areas and see how police officers are treated and the rigors of law enforcement and this alleged institutional racism.

YR

Status
Not open for further replies.