Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
absolutely not!!

there was some ridiculous rumors out there they were shopping him for three firsts and I know that's not real but there's no way we should make a trade for a quarterback that eventually is gonna wanna get paid literally gonna cost us draft picks we already have that guy probably I mean Trey Lance would be the guy you take a risk on because he's already here..

So you're making a lot of assumptions that are probably not going to happen and you're picking the wrong players to bring in when this happens IE when it's obvious we're not extending Prescott and it's not resigning with the Cowboys we could discuss options at that time given the fact they're making a move now like this offseason Justin fields will probably be moved we are not in a position to make a trade for a quarterback this offseason that would be next off season...

So everyone's hoping to get rid of Prescott sooner than later it's gonna be later so can we get off these subjects about replacing Prescott already they probably are gonna extend him it's probably gonna happen right before the season sometime between the new league year which starts in about 3 weeks not now and before the season starts they will talk about it and you won't know about it because I don't report every damn conversation they have it's an ongoing negotiation regardless if it's heated up or not.... He's under contract this year we are not making a move at quarterback this year that's a fact so let's please move on...​
Yes I've grown tired with the replaced Prescott options when it's not even a reality right now, hes set to make 58mil this season, if Jerry becomes aware that he cant make few moves hes after, Daks deal will be done next business day to relieve cap pressure and sign more players.​

blueblood70

Reaction score
No.

Besides, Dak has a NTC that would kill most of his trade value.
I don't really think half our fan base it pops there head in here every now and again realize what a no trade clause and no franchise tag clause and the fact that Prescott got more leverage, that he's playing this year regardless...

there will be no moves and no more draft picks given up for a quarterback this offseason so talking about it every other thread is becoming ridiculous beyond ridiculous proportions trying to move on from a guy who just finished the season second team all pro second MVP voting search straight 12 win season the man's never been part of a losing season when he's been healthy he's been to the playoffs five of his eight healthy seasons and we would love to get rid of him as fast as you can even though this league is starve for good quarterbacks when you get outside maybe 12 teams....

blueblood70

Reaction score
:facepalm: You want to get rid of Dak who was 2nd in MVP voting for Fields? :lmao:
Anyone to trade away our first or second round pick to get him!!??... The rumor was at the beginning Chicago was trying to get three first round picks for this dude, I mean that's not happening but no trades will happen this offseason for Prescott unless he pushes the envelope for it he will have to demand to be traded and be able to pick the team he goes to for us to make a quarterback move this year the only move we're going to make this offseason is whether we keep Cooper rush or not and move up Trey Lance to the number two spot that's it at quarterback to everyone's dismay Prescott will be our quarterback this season...​

And I'm betting somehow at the witching hour couple weeks before the season starts, he'll probably be extended and if everyone was really upset that AT&T broke down well the Internet will break down when they give him his $56 million per year aav new contract...lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
For a first or second? No chance no way, for a 6th , sure.
Well I don't want to make a trade for Justin fields but he's worth more than that he's probably worth a 3 and a fourth, some team will probably give a second for him but it won't be us....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't really think half our fan base it pops there head in here every now and again realize what a no trade clause and no franchise tag clause and the fact that Prescott got more leverage, that he's playing this year regardless...

there will be no moves and no more draft picks given up for a quarterback this offseason so talking about it every other thread is becoming ridiculous beyond ridiculous proportions trying to move on from a guy who just finished the season second team all pro second MVP voting search straight 12 win season the man's never been part of a losing season when he's been healthy he's been to the playoffs five of his eight healthy seasons and we would love to get rid of him as fast as you can even though this league is starve for good quarterbacks when you get outside maybe 12 teams....
They also think his cap hit’s going to be $60 mil after he’s extended. :laugh: I knew our fans were mostly stupid, but that narrative gets me laughing everytime some yahoo here posts it.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Justin Fields, but I don't see the point in not paying Dak just to grab a player who is in line to get a big pay day. If you move on from Dak the real advantage is in getting cap relief to build up the rest of your roster. A new qb just for the sake of a new qb isnt the answer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They also think his cap hit’s going to be $60 mil after he’s extended. :laugh: I knew our fans were mostly stupid, but that narrative gets me laughing everytime some yahoo here posts it.
Well negotiations are gonna take awhile and it could be all over the place but he may start out at 60 that demand won't be met and they'll probably be somewhere between the 52 and 56,000,000 mark but it'll be pretty high...

I'm praying that somehow he wants to be a Dallas cowboy and this time around he'll help the Cowboys out a little bit with the hometown discount thing and maybe take that 52,000,000 which would be right around the mark of some of the other top five guys....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well negotiations are gonna take awhile and it could be all over the place but he may start out at 60 that demand won't be met and they'll probably be somewhere between the 52 and 56,000,000 mark but it'll be pretty high...

I'm praying that somehow he wants to be a Dallas cowboy and this time around he'll help the Cowboys out a little bit with the hometown discount thing and maybe take that 52,000,000 which would be right around the mark of some of the other top five guys....
Yes, but his cap hit, the most important piece, will not be anywhere near 60 or 50 or even 40 mil.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well I don't want to make a trade for Justin fields but he's worth more than that he's probably worth a 3 and a fourth, some team will probably give a second for him but it won't be us....
this is one where i'll speak for the Organization and say "WE LIKE OUR GUYS!" lol

kskboys

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
What?

Fields sucks. Mannnnnn, have you watched him? He's terrible. Makes Dak look like Joe Montana.

kskboys

Reaction score
His worth is a 4th. What will some team give them? Prolly a 2nd.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yes, but his cap hit, the most important piece, will not be anywhere near 60 or 50 or even 40 mil.
Yes it will.

His dead cap from the previous contract will be 25m$ if he’s still on the roster, and that’s before the new contract is considered. Between his prorated signing bonus and base salary, he’d then have to have less than 15m$ in new money cap hit not to reach 40m$.

For comparison, Joe Burrow’s new contract was a 30m$ cap hit in 2024 while trying to backload the deal. Lamar’s is 32m$. They went heavy on first year reduction for Justin Herbert’s new deal and got that down to 20m$. Even Dak’s old contract he signed 3 years ago still had a 17m$ cap hit year one.

So re-signing will cut down his 60m$ cap hit, but it’ll still be well over 40m$

Status
Not open for further replies.