Should we explore Justin Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
Why? We already have the guy that was drafted in front of him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll call up Lewis and Clark and see if they are free to do this for the Cowboys

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
No, is he also not up for a contract? He hasn't proven a thing to fetch what Da Bears will want to trade for him, and some other desperate team will give up capital to get him. If we want to move off of Dak then give Lance the shot, and draft a QB/pick up a Vet in FA

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Its hard to believe that Wilson, Lance, and Fields haven't panned out. I wonder how much of that is the Jets and Bears being cursed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
assuming we are not going to extend Dak, should we at least explore the possibility of trading for Fields, from what i’m hearing 2nd rounder possibly a late 1st. we could get more draft capital than that for Dak,
Not even for a second. Why would we want him if the Bears don't?

Maybe GM Jeruh should have thought of that question before trading for Trance.

Let's make the same mistake twice in 1 year.

slick325

Reaction score
I like Fields and think in the right spot (Pittsburgh or Atlanta) he can be incredible!

But, my answer is no. The draft capital, the cap hit for Prescott, and the monetary deal it will take to sign Fields are too prohibitive to even conjecture about this.

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean the problem with trading Dak is he can veto any trade which means his value is actually pretty low because when you can dictate where you will go that means the team knows they do not have to break the bank.

Meanwhile Fields aint it. Fields is basically Josh Allen without the arm. He runs exactly like Josh Allen but does not have the ability to make the throws Allen can.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, but his cap hit, the most important piece, will not be anywhere near 60 or 50 or even 40 mil.
That's really not how it works we'll find out how they structure it but there's no way to take a$58 million owed right now and in cap with close to 40 already with dead cap meaning they can't move the dead cap money that no matter how they structure the new contracts actual that year's salary is still gonna probably be over 40 but 40 is better than 60 so we're on the same page but trust me as much money as we owe him right now especially in the dead cap area it's still gonna be a pretty big cap hit...

CWR

Reaction score
I almost posted this a couple weeks ago. I'd absolutely look at scooping him up and trading Dak. I dont believe there's not a team who'd do a sign and trade. Only thing is I think it would accelerate our cap hit and we'd be on the hook for all the guaranteed money.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
absolutely not!!

there was some ridiculous rumors out there they were shopping him for three firsts and I know that's not real but there's no way we should make a trade for a quarterback that eventually is gonna wanna get paid literally gonna cost us draft picks we already have that guy probably I mean Trey Lance would be the guy you take a risk on because he's already here..

So you're making a lot of assumptions that are probably not going to happen and you're picking the wrong players to bring in when this happens IE when it's obvious we're not extending Prescott and it's not resigning with the Cowboys we could discuss options at that time given the fact they're making a move now like this offseason Justin fields will probably be moved we are not in a position to make a trade for a quarterback this offseason that would be next off season...

So everyone's hoping to get rid of Prescott sooner than later it's gonna be later so can we get off these subjects about replacing Prescott already they probably are gonna extend him it's probably gonna happen right before the season sometime between the new league year which starts in about 3 weeks not now and before the season starts they will talk about it and you won't know about it because I don't report every damn conversation they have it's an ongoing negotiation regardless if it's heated up or not.... He's under contract this year we are not making a move at quarterback this year that's a fact so let's please move on...​
Yes I've grown tired with the replaced Prescott options when it's not even a reality right now, hes set to make 58mil this season, if Jerry becomes aware that he cant make few moves hes after, Daks deal will be done next business day to relieve cap pressure and sign more players.​
Simple. Pay Dak and bench him. Negotiations trade eminent. Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.