Should we have taken an OT in the 3rd instead of McGovern?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chuma Edoga, Bobby Evans and Yodny Cajuste all went after we took Connor. I like McGovern but we have a ton of OG’s. Just throwing it out for discussion.
He is reported to be flexible and talented enough to play center, guard, and tackle.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Maybe all you guys need to pay the subscription for The Athletic and read Bob Sturm's latest article titled:

Two Hundred Snaps: Evaluating Cowboys third-round gem Connor McGovern

There is enough video on this guy that Sturm misses nothing. I am lifting this small bit.

According to Pro Football Focus, his snap total over those three years was 2,353. He played 860 this past season, 857 in 2017 and 636 in his true freshman season. During that time he allowed nine sacks over 1,245 pass block snaps and committed 11 penalties. In 2018, four sacks and four penalties were charged to his ledger.

Connor Mc started as an 18 year old freshman the first game for Penn State.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
They weren't going to give up on Connor Williams after one year. They are going to try to make a tackle out of him, eventually.

Just doesn't SEEM like an OT to me. He's too small and those arms are too short IMHO. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him being capable of that.

kskboys

Reaction score
W/ the questions concerning Freddy, it was imperative that we get a backup C. Got one.