Should we keep Rico Dowdle?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He had 361 yards rushing, 2 Td's, 4.1 yards per carry, and 144 receiving yards. We didn't know much about him until this season, honestly he was solid, and we wanted to see more of him at times. We can all agree that we need a few running backs this season, would you want to keep him on the team still, or it's time to get some rookies and maybe a veteran running back like we did with Ronald Jones last season?? Please give your thoughts

cowboybish

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the running back situation? Should we pick up a vet and pay him plus another in the later rounds or should we take a back in the third round and fourth round and have all new blood?

Motorola

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the running back situation? Should we pick up a vet and pay him plus another in the later rounds or should we take a back in the third round and fourth round and have all new blood?
Cowboys don't have a 4th round pick - near the end of last August Jones traded it to the 49ers for QB Trey Lance.

Motorola

Reaction score
They will probably just sign Pollard. Bring the band back together.
Wouldn't be surprised if Dallas works out a deal to keep Pollard.

In his foutrh year, Dowdle finally stayed healthy to give decent production in a limited role. Could see him getting a modest 2nd contract.

Malik Davis signed a reserved/futures contract last month, so he sticks around.

The Cowboys will sign on a FA. But I don't know if they use the third pick on a running back (surely they won't do it with the first two selections).

Will Hunter Luepke have a larger role in 2024?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Luepke should have had ALOT more carrys last year. I know he fumbled. But still not convinced he was sure he was supposed to get the handoff. Looked like he thought he was a decoy. The way the ball went in and just fell out. But he is a good short yardage back.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys don't have a 4th round pick - near the end of last August Jones traded it to the 49ers for QB Trey Lance.
First rodeo?

The Cowboys could easily end up with a 4th round pick through a trade. We have no idea how it will shake out. They don't even know yet.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Today - right now - the team does not have a 4th round pick for the 2024 draft.
Fact.
The point being you could easily if you wanted one, but on topic RB is the easiest position on the entire roster to fix asap, but that works hand in hand, symbiotic.
The OL needs to re learn how to open up a running lane and I cant believe that I just typed that but its true.
How did this OL forget all of a sudden how to create just a sliver of a running lane?
I ask this question because our RBs seem to always be running into a marsh pit.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Sure. We need more scrubs.

It worked so well in 2023.

Draft RB1 in the 1st.

Pick up RB2 in FA.

Our current RB2 goes to RB3.

Mini me gets cut.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The point being you could easily if you wanted one, but on topic RB is the easiest position on the entire roster to fix asap, but that works hand in hand, symbiotic.
The OL needs to re learn how to open up a running lane and I cant believe that I just typed that but its true.
How did this OL forget all of a sudden how to create just a sliver of a running lane?
I ask this question because our RBs seem to always be running into a marsh pit.
We need a RB1 who can find and run through those holes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They will sign a mid level or lower end RB. With 5 picks in the draft, 2 being in the 7th, and so many needs, they have no choice. Jerry screwed up. 2023 should have been an All in year. The window closed

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He had 361 yards rushing, 2 Td's, 4.1 yards per carry, and 144 receiving yards. We didn't know much about him until this season, honestly he was solid, and we wanted to see more of him at times. We can all agree that we need a few running backs this season, would you want to keep him on the team still, or it's time to get some rookies and maybe a veteran running back like we did with Ronald Jones last season?? Please give your thoughts
Simple answer Coog...
No but we will, and Duece will not be leaving this roster either.
Coog, we love the contracts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sure. We need more scrubs.

It worked so well in 2023.

Draft RB1 in the 1st.

Pick up RB2 in FA.

Our current RB2 goes to RB3.

Mini me gets cut.
That leaves us with 2 high draft picks to fill LB(2) center, tackle, DT, WR, CB positions.

Is RB more important than LB?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We will. Cheap. Serviceable. In Jerry's eyes