Should we pay CeeDee?

cowboybish

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Would be a hard pass if the right team came with two 1sts but we all know that is fantasy land, never going to happen.
Don't care how they figure it out, but this FO better grasp on to what wins them games now if they want to remain in the relevant equation.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes to CeeDee...and Parsons. And also Tyler Smith when he comes due assuming he continues his current trajectory.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Ceedee has shown his worth and has probably established himself as a top 3 WR after last year. If you think he can continue to be that guy we would be crazy to not bring him back.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It’s a no brainer to me. Of course. Lamb and Parsons.

You ideally only give your young, elite players max contracts.

Lamb and Parsons are exactly that. They are franchise cornerstones. You can build your team around those players.

I’m honestly surprised there’s this much discord around whether we should pay the franchise cornerstones or not. There are other guys on this roster who are worth arguing about contracts regarding, way more than it’s worth arguing “should we really pay the elite, does-it-all WR or the pass rusher who has 40.5 sacks in his first three seasons?”

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s a no brainer to me. Of course. Lamb and Parsons.

You ideally only give your young, elite players max contracts.

Lamb and Parsons are exactly that. They are franchise cornerstones. You can build your team around those players.

I’m honestly surprised there’s this much discord around whether we should pay the franchise cornerstones or not. There are other guys on this roster who are worth arguing about contracts regarding, way more than it’s worth arguing “should we really pay the elite, does-it-all WR or the pass rusher who has 40.5 sacks in his first three seasons?”
Nice post. Spot on. Build around these two.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Cee Dee has played his butt off for this franchise. He set the best single season WR marks in franchise history.

He is a monster.

If you tout a “draft and develop “ strategy and then refuse to sign guys like Lamb and Parsons then you are a doomed franchise.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Cee Dee has played his butt off for this franchise. He set the best single season WR marks in franchise history.

He is a monster.

If you tout a “draft and develop “ strategy and then refuse to sign guys like Lamb and Parsons then you are a doomed franchise.
Then why isn’t he signed to an appropriate extension? Why have guys like Smith and St. Brown come to terms with their respective teams and the owner of the Cowboys wants to see more “leafs fall”? He wants to see “more cards played”.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Then why isn’t he signed to an appropriate extension? Why have guys like Smith and St. Brown come to terms with their respective teams and the owner of the Cowboys wants to see more “leafs fall”? He wants to see “more cards played”.
He hasn’t been signed because this FO continues to drag it’s feet on negotiations.

They wait and wait and end up paying more than if they just bit the bullet and got an extension done earlier or on time.

Then they also inexplicably sign stupid contracts like Jaylon Smith and Michael Gallup, or they pay for past production like Zeke Elliott or D Law and get diminishing returns.

The bottom line is this FO is reactive not proactive. They also negotiate in the media by leaking info to the press.

To not sign your best players when you continually tout the “draft and develop” strategy and avoid free agency like the plague is simply asinine.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely, especially if Dak is extended. I don’t know about the rest of yall but I don’t want to see Prescott throw to a bunch of #2’s and 3’s. CD is someone you can build an offense for with any QB. Dak or no Dak, Lamb needs to stay…..even at that price tag.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
I feel like right before the draft is when people overvalue draft picks the most.

Ceedee is one of the best WR’s in the league and still young. You don’t get rid of players like that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agent’s. It takes 2 to tango.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
You don’t resign cd until you figure out dak if daks gone great chance cd is traded as well.