Should we pay CeeDee?

visionary

Reaction score
why not? The cap goes up every year, and the salaries for various positions will also continue to go up along with the cap. 4 short years ago wed have said not a chance a qb is getting 60 million... within 2 years we could have several qbs making 60 million.
1. Name the WRs paid in top 5 to win a SB in last 10 years. I think 1

2. If we dont know how to build a contender, learn from those who do, there is a reason KC traded Hill

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of paying WRs huge dollars but he was Dallas' entire offense last season so not sure how you don't pay him especially given his age.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If you can get two 1sts for Ceedee I’m open minded. Anything less and I’m not a big fan of the idea.
Yup.

CeeDee looks like he'll be a great player for years because his style of player is conducive to longevity.

To part with a guy like that, you definitely want to get a 1st and 2nd round pick back at minimum.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Really just depends. If the plan is for the current QB to be the future QB, then trade him, he is wasted here and no need to pay him. We could have 21 HOF players on the field and we still couldn't win anything with this QB. As long as he is here, they should draft players and let them walk after their first contract is up. No sense in commtting to high contracts just to wash out every year in the first round.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
1. Name the WRs paid in top 5 to win a SB in last 10 years. I think 1

2. If we dont know how to build a contender, learn from those who do, there is a reason KC traded Hill
bahahhahahhahhah.... here, Ill tell youhow to build a contender:

Draft Mahomes
Draft Brady
DRaft Manning
There, quick lesson, in and out and complete. Simple as that.

The Chiefs could lose Hill because they have Mahomes.
PLEASE stop talking about teams with all time great QBs and trying to use them as how to build a contender. Their skill positions were not all that strong last year, but a guy kind of make sup for it.

Same with the guy before him in Billy Boy land. That great "Patriot way," works fantastically, as long as 12 was under center. How well did drafting like crap and getting rid of good players work once 12 left?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of paying WRs huge dollars but he was Dallas' entire offense last season so not sure how you don't pay him especially given his age.
You drafted Lamb praying he was worthy of wearing 88. He is, and now people want to say he costs too much? If thats the case, never draft a WR before RD 3 again.

visionary

Reaction score
bahahhahahhahhah.... here, Ill tell youhow to build a contender:

Draft Mahomes
Draft Brady
DRaft Manning
There, quick lesson, in and out and complete. Simple as that.

The Chiefs could lose Hill because they have Mahomes.
PLEASE stop talking about teams with all time great QBs and trying to use them as how to build a contender. Their skill positions were not all that strong last year, but a guy kind of make sup for it.

Same with the guy before him in Billy Boy land. That great "Patriot way," works fantastically, as long as 12 was under center. How well did drafting like crap and getting rid of good players work once 12 left?
How did Dak work out in 8 years

Now be quiet

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
Some of you wouldn’t pay any of them. :rolleyes: Just trade them away for a few rolls of the dice in the draft. If we get lucky and hit on another great player, some of you will want to trade them away rather than pay them. The Cowboys would be garbage every year if fans like you owned the team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
How did Dak work out in 8 years

Now be quiet
whats dak got to do with anything. You wanted to point how these SB winners build their teams. I just explained how its done. Dak isnt Mahomes or Brady so how hes done is predictable.

It doesnt mean he cant win one as evidenced by a Foles, or Stafford or other quality guys occasionally pulling one out.

But those that are constantly in the SB hunt.... thats reserved for the Mannings, Brady, and Mahomes of the world.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
After Dak leaves this team is on full rebuild so no, do not pay Lamb or Parsons...I doubt they would sign to stay on the Titanic

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
It’s really simple…the Cowboys, like all NFL teams who have talented players due for a new contract have choices:
  • Choice 1: We want to keep the player and are willing to pay market price to keep him.
  • Choice 2: We want to keep the player but do not want to pay market price, so we must trade him for picks.
Thats it. Those are the choices.

So what does the Cowboys FO do? They make a fake choice 3- ”We want to keep this player but we expect him to sign for less than market value. So we will hesitate, hedge, spread rumors, then sign the player later for more money than he originally demanded”.

That‘s the way the Jones do it. Then they will brag that they “don’t set the market.”

StarLord

Reaction score
CeeDee is the 1 out of the 3 I'd keep, trade Parsons for 2 #1. Trade Dak for anything we can get. Pay CeeDee.
Going into 2025 you'll have at least 3#1s. Which sets you up in the best draft shape since Hershel Walker.

Want the #1 QB? Take him.

Don't need a QB as Lance is the guy? draft a handful of all- pros.
He's the one I'd sign. Hard to say this.. I know Micah is a generational talent, but 3 years in a row , he's faded and done nothing in the playoffs.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I swear some of you paying our players personally. Any time a player is due for a big deal, yall ask these questions. Do you want a team full of budget guys? All-Pro players cost money.

Cmac

Reaction score
If you think paying a good player is not good.......then we in trouble.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't throw the ball to himself....