Should we pay CeeDee?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You don’t resign cd until you figure out dak if daks gone great chance cd is traded as well.
They’ll end up tagging CeeDee and he won’t sign it. After July 15, 2025 he has no choice and will wait and show up for the first game of the season so he can collect his game checks. Great way to run a franchise.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CeeDee is the 1 out of the 3 I'd keep, trade Parsons for 2 #1. Trade Dak for anything we can get. Pay CeeDee.
Going into 2025 you'll have at least 3#1s. Which sets you up in the best draft shape since Hershel Walker.

Want the #1 QB? Take him.

Don't need a QB as Lance is the guy? draft a handful of all- pros.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
Yes, you pay Lamb. No questions asked. The only problems he's had is Dak Prescott in the playoffs seeing ghosts

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he carried the offense last year, the guy we have now isn't going to make any lesser wide receiver better. sheesh. I guess we all don't remember what happened before we got cooper. shrugs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes hes a terrific WR but he’s gonna cost 120 mil. Whats Parsons gonna cost. We’re gonna pat Dak. I say see what they can get for him rather than tying up all that money. Maybe a fist and a third.
So who's Dak throwing the ball to? He's hardly flourished without weapons to throw to and didnt we have to trade a 1st Rd pick for Amari, when it was evident that Dak cant do it on his own. Do you see the common denominator.....Dak needs: a running game, a run defense, a defense that keeps him in the game, an O-Line and now WR's. Isnt the easier option to save the Dak $50m+, sure up the O-Line and running game (with the saved CAP) and extend CeeDee..... and allow a cheap QB ease into the NFL, behind a good line/Offense, just like a no.4 did in 2016.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
trade him for a 1st and couple of other picks. rebuild

John813

Reaction score
This isn't 2010 or even 2015. The cap is blowing up yearly due to the revenue increases.

In 2015 Dez and Thomas set the WR market, outside of the Megatron deal, at 14mil per.
Aaron Rodgers at the time was at 22mil AAV/Brees on the backend of a 20mil AAV deal
The cap ceiling was at 143mil.

WR/QB AAV cap hit ratio of 0.667 (14/21)

In 2024

WR's are getting 30mil, QB's are getting low to mid 50's
WR/QB cap hit ratio of 0.566(30/53)
Top Wr's are getting paid less in relation to the top QB's in the NFL compared to 9 years ago.

Cap ceiling is at 255mil + any rollover

Cap has gone up 78% in 9 years, and that's with the downturn with C19 dropping/stagnating the cap growth for a year or 2.

30mil AAV isn't a scary number anymore for a non QB. 120mil for a WR isn't terrible.
D-Law 5 years ago got 100mil over 5 years and now edge rushers are also at that 30mil mark.

It is what it is. NFL prints money for owners and it's top players

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I hate the fact that this is even a question. You sign him period whether it’s Dak or a rookie throwing him the ball you need someone reliable game in and game out

cowboybish

Reaction score
I hate the fact that this is even a question. You sign him period whether it’s Dak or a rookie throwing him the ball you need someone reliable game in and game out
Last I knew this was a forum to discuss

visionary

Reaction score
No WR is worth 30+ million

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes but gotta figure out what we wanna do with Dak first. Dak is holding the team hostage with that terrible contract. That is what poor roster management does. Ceedee has earned his keep. He earned a big deal. I expect he will get paid unless we see a major Suprise via trade or something. If we trade Ceedee we will see fans lose their shiet. Thats how we will know we are in a major rebuild. Almost feels like the Joneses are positioning to sell the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, it would be dumb to let him go.
In most cases I would agree with you but if he's demanding more money than a ASB and we can get a big haul like two first for the guy you might have to let him go.. Because we already have his rights this year we could franchise him next year... I mean he may threaten to hold out but literally at 17,000,000 this year he's pretty much a steel and we could have him next year too but if they decide to go a different route they could trade him after this year by putting a franchise tag on him and then letting him seek trades who are willing to pay the franchise tag I mean he he has plenty of options on this guy as well as Parsons we don't have to be desperate and right away run out and give this man a ridiculous amount of money....

You have to be willing to keep your options open I mean you act like city lambs better than guys like stefon diggs TWICE, Amari TWICE, , devante Adams, A.J. Brown ,DeAndre Hopkins traded than outright cut,

these are all top wide receivers along with the biggest one in Tyreek Hill, All let go by their teams in a trade because they felt that that was overpaying the position for them at the time so it's not stupid as you say it's not dumb to even to at least keep an open mind about what's too big of an ask by his agent and you might have to trade him...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
nah... dont even need picks. Just let him walk. We can easily replace him with a 5th rd pick.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
In most cases I would agree with you but if he's demanding more money than a ASB and we can get a big haul like two first for the guy you might have to let him go.. Because we already have his rights this year we could franchise him next year... I mean he may threaten to hold out but literally at 17,000,000 this year he's pretty much a steel and we could have him next year too but if they decide to go a different route they could trade him after this year by putting a franchise tag on him and then letting him seek trades who are willing to pay the franchise tag I mean he he has plenty of options on this guy as well as Parsons we don't have to be desperate and right away run out and give this man a ridiculous amount of money....

You have to be willing to keep your options open I mean you act like city lambs better than guys like stefon diggs TWICE, Amari TWICE, , devante Adams, A.J. Brown ,DeAndre Hopkins traded than outright cut,

these are all top wide receivers along with the biggest one in Tyreek Hill, All let go by their teams in a trade because they felt that that was overpaying the position for them at the time so it's not stupid as you say it's not dumb to even to at least keep an open mind about what's too big of an ask by his agent and you might have to trade him...
And Diggs was traded away from Buffalo for a 2nd rd pick and you think someone might give 2 1st rd picks for Lamb who also wants 30 million per season?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No WR is worth 30+ million
why not? The cap goes up every year, and the salaries for various positions will also continue to go up along with the cap. 4 short years ago wed have said not a chance a qb is getting 60 million... within 2 years we could have several qbs making 60 million.